Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can we all agree that Derrick Rose is a gutless coward now?

Dude refused to come back last year because "he wasn't ready", "muscle memory", etc, etc.

During the off-season, he claims a bunch of nonsense how he's faster and is a better player than ever.

Now here we are, a month into a season, and the guy is the worst starting PG in the league. What does this tell us? That Derrick Rose is full of shit.

He was medically cleared to play months before last year's post-season even started. Yet he continued to sit on the sidelines in his suit and tie. Didn't even consider giving it a go for the playoffs. Why? Because he was a scared coward. He wanted absolutely no part of playing in the playoffs and having a rematch against LeBron in the Heat.

There's just not a chance in the world that Rose wasn't able to play towards the end of last season. How could he play any worse than he is now? The extra time that he took off probably hurt him rather than helped. I would be LIVID if I was a guy like Joakim Noah, absolutely livid.

Not that this should be news to anyone. The whole "muscle memory" nonsense really sealed the deal for me. A completely made up, outrageous excuse fabricated so that he could keep sitting his scared ass on the bench and wouldn't have to be humiliated by LeBron again.

The fact that Bulls fans are still defending this loser is mystifying. Denial is very powerful it seems.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Can we all agree that Derrick Rose is a gutless coward now?

So he doesn't look good now and you still think he should have came back for the playoffs? If he came back then, he would have been even worse off then and made things worse for his team.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    So he doesn't look good now and you still think he should have came back for the playoffs? If he came back then, he would have been even worse off then and made things worse for his team.
    /Thread.

Like I said in an other thread. Worry about your own teams ISHers, the Bulls are currently #3 in the east and they're not even playing that well yet.

Local High School Star

Being a baller myself and been injured before, i totally understand where Rose is coming from. Sometimes one injury is all it takes to ruin your life. You really don't want to rush back till you know you're ready.

How many posters here actually balled seriously in their life?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I really don't like Derrick Rose but this is absolute bullshit. How is he a coward for coming back and playing poorly. Would playing well make him a brave hero? The only way you could call him a coward would be if he only played games versus shitty opponents and sat against anyone good.

Yes, he's playing very poorly. But, how exactly does that make him a coward? I legitimately don't get it.

In hindsight, seeing him struggle so far into the season... he SHOULD HAVE come back last year in that Miami series. YES he would have failed, but it would have gave him 4+ grueling games which he could have built on. AND then he improves during offseason. No one would have made fun of him for stinking it up against the Heat, outside of trolls, since we all expected it. He might have gained some respect too.

Gutless coward is too harsh, but I think he had the wrong people in his ear. Telling him to sit out, because the team was not good enough. Sure, no one can prove that is what his brother was saying, but he should have told his brother to shut the hell up. No one pays to hear his brother open his mouth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yes, he's playing very poorly. But, how exactly does that make him a coward? I legitimately don't get it.
    Did you not even read the OP? At all?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Doranku, Ph. D. Alumnus of InsidePoops U.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

No, we can't.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    In hindsight, seeing him struggle so far into the season... he SHOULD HAVE come back last year in that Miami series. YES he would have failed, but it would have gave him 4+ grueling games which he could have built on. AND then he improves during offseason. No one would have made fun of him for stinking it up against the Heat, outside of trolls, since we all expected it. He might have gained some respect too.

Gutless coward is too harsh, but I think he had the wrong people in his ear. Telling him to sit out, because the team was not good enough. Sure, no one can prove that is what his brother was saying, but he should have told his brother to shut the hell up. No one pays to hear his brother open his mouth.
    Yeah because there's nothing like taking a bunch of hard playoff fouls if you want to get your confidence back.

National High School Star

No we can not agree, I don't see the connection between waiting till you're ready & being a gutless coward, sorry

I don't understand why people harp on this so much. It has to have lost it's novelty by now.

The point is this: He was always going to come back rusty. He's a coward for refusing to do it last year. He wanted to wait. Well, he waited, and got all the time he needed, and he's still rusty

It's clear he didn't need the extra time off to accomplish anything, because he hasn't. All he's done is delay his return for a time when there would be less pressure.

You could argue that because of this rust, coming back for the playoffs wouldn't have helped because he wouldn't have been able to contribute. But really... there was 0% chance of the Bulls doing anything important without Rose and he knew it. If there was 2% chance they could have beaten the Heat and challenged the Spurs because he came back and gave them just enough, the ONLY excuse not to do so was for fear of aggravating the injury. If there was no reason to suppose this would happen, if he was just delaying so he could come back and be athletic wonder he always was, well then he messed up, and I agree that his character is a bit suspect for it.

Personally I don't jump all over the guy for it... but some of the injuries guys like Kevin McHale, Isaiah Thomas, etc have played with... it's certainly not a credit to him that he sat, let's leave it there.

Had he been playing well you would have been the first on his jock. Everyone knew he would be rusty and off coming back this year and it still hasnt even been two months into the season. His knee injury wasnt a joke. Not everyone is adrian peterson. Playing at the nba level if you are even 2% off your regular game then it is going be damn hard to produce at the level of an elite player