Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Michael Carter-Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Needs to improve his shooting, but the kid's a good playmaker and a rebounder, and his defense is okay, but not elite, he's just got a knack for getting a lot of steals. His opponents actually have better per 48 numbers than him.

This draft was so horrible that he'll win the ROY, but he's really not that great. Just getting big minutes on a bad team, realistically he's a back-up PG right now.

Take it easy, you do know he is a rookie and the 2013 draft class aint gonna be a GOAT.
    So give him time. He avg is 17.4 pts, 5.6 reb, 6.7 ast.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Doesn't he remind you of Larry Hughes? That's what I thought after a few dozen games. Quickness, lane hawk, very poor shot.....
    I like him but I hate how he gets this major love right now. Only a matter of time where he gets thrown under the bus for poor shooting. But I hope he develops with us. Good solid above average role players with Noel once we draft (or sign) a go to scorer.
    Hughes? Not at all. Hughes was a poor playmaker to say the least. I don't see Hughes at all. MCW can handle the ball way better and is such a better PG. Hughes played PG his rookie year and was brutal. Hughes was not a bad player but apart from not being able to shoot and getting steals, I don't see the similarities. MCW will be fine and probably ROY and yes he's getting way overhyped. You can tell the posters who watch Sixers games and the ones who don't. The ones who watch the games are all more realistic about where he is and how poor of a shooter he is and how inconsistent he is. The ones who look at the box scores are not getting an accurate idea of the kid. As I've said before, I prefer him over Jrue by a mile but he's young and has a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Hughes? Not at all. Hughes was a poor playmaker to say the least. I don't see Hughes at all. MCW can handle the ball way better and is such a better PG. Hughes played PG his rookie year and was brutal. Hughes was not a bad player but apart from not being able to shoot and getting steals, I don't see the similarities. MCW will be fine and probably ROY and yes he's getting way overhyped. You can tell the posters who watch Sixers games and the ones who don't. The ones who watch the games are all more realistic about where he is and how poor of a shooter he is and how inconsistent he is. The ones who look at the box scores are not getting an accurate idea of the kid. As I've said before, I prefer him over Jrue by a mile but he's young and has a ways to go.
    I'll give you the passing/playmaking, although when he was with us he more played SF. Everything else I see identical down to the physical stature. Their approach to offense, the ball handling ( I think Hughes didn't get enough credit), reading lanes, athleticism, speed....
    i guess because I haven't put MCW on a high enough pedestal that I draw this comparison. As a PG I think MCW is superior and will develop as one whereas everywhere Hughes went they wanted more scoring. As with Hughes though I fear that one day MCW will be chastised for his shooting. This draft is definitely key, and the production of Noel to see where we stand in creating a core. personally I would like to see us make a move for Harrison Barnes and draft Embiid or Randle.

MCW
    Turner
    Barnes/Thad
    Embiid/Randle
    Noel

Solid future
    Last edited by hateraid; 01-29-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I'll give you the passing/playmaking, although when he was with us he more played SF. Everything else I see identical down to the physical stature. Their approach to offense, the ball handling ( I think Hughes didn't get enough credit), reading lanes, athleticism, speed....
    i guess because I haven't put MCW on a high enough pedestal that I draw this comparison. As a PG I think MCW is superior and will develop as one whereas everywhere Hughes went they wanted more scoring. As with Hughes though I fear that one day MCW will be chastised for his shooting. This draft is definitely key, and the production of Noel to see where we stand in creating a core. personally I would like to see us make a move for Harrison Barnes and draft Embiid or Randle.

MCW
    Turner
    Barnes/Thad
    Embiid/Randle
    Noel

Solid future
    Hughes played one year of PG in Philly but was god awful at it so they abandoned that idea and then he played SG not small forward for half of the next season before he was traded. I'm not putting MCW on any pedestal. He's one of the best of a terrible draft. I think he's a better PG than Jrue but I don't think he's the greatest player on earth. He shoots too damn much and he's jumper is awful. He also is so inconsistent it's not even funny. But he's young and certainly a better player than he was ever projected to be. I have no idea how you could trade for Barnes and keep Thad and Turner. Thad is also playing better as an undersized PF than he has as a SF.

Needs to improve his shooting, but the kid's a good playmaker and a rebounder, and his defense is okay, but not elite, he's just got a knack for getting a lot of steals. His opponents actually have better per 48 numbers than him.

This draft was so horrible that he'll win the ROY, but he's really not that great. Just getting big minutes on a bad team, realistically he's a back-up PG right now.
    Realistically he's a back up PG? Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    He's very cute, that's all I know.
    Bro, that's the coke talking. It's gonna take awhile to flush out

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

MCW
    Turner
    Barnes/Thad
    Embiid/Randle
    Noel

Solid future
    Aren't we (unfortunately) trying to trade Evan?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

The draft being horrible has nothing to do with MCW. He's had a very good year for a rookie and plenty of room for growth. Comparing other ROY guards from the past:
    MCW 2013-14 - 17.4ppg 5.6rpg 6.7apg 2.4spg .434FG%

Damon Lillard 2012-13 - 19.0ppg 3.1rpg 6.5apg 0.9spg .429 FG%
    Tyreke Evans 2009-10 - 20.1ppg 5.3rpg 5.8apg 1.5spg .458 FG%
    Derrick Rose 2008-09 - 16.8ppg 3.9rpg 6.3apg 0.8spg .475 FG%
    Brandon Roy 2006-07 - 16.8ppg 4.4rpg 4.0apg 1.2spg .456 FG%
    Chris Paul 2005-06 - 16.1ppg 5.1rpg 7.8apg 2.2spg .430 FG%

His numbers stack up very favorably to others at his position. Think before posting some bs like this. Backup point guard? Get the **** outta here.
    Last edited by bootsy; 01-29-2014 at 08:05 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I don't understand the hype. Wasn't Lillard just as good or even better than MCW last year? I read a lot of people taking Lillard's age against him, but MCW is just as old as Lillard was his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Hughes played one year of PG in Philly but was god awful at it so they abandoned that idea and then he played SG not small forward for half of the next season before he was traded.
    He played plenty at small forward mostly relieving Lynch in his final year. Even started a couple games at small forward. Aaron McKie was used more as AI's back-up.

have no idea how you could trade for Barnes and keep Thad and Turner. Thad is also playing better as an undersized PF than he has as a SF.
    I was hoping Hawes would be the more tradable asset and and possibly packaged up with J-Rich.
    I realize it's impossible to keep 1 of Hawes, Thad, and Turner, if not any of them.