Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who the hell is this Gustavo Ayon cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Hornets have the ugliest team in basketball

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    My guess is that the "Mexicans" that play ball in College or the NBA were probably raised in the States, where you can find a hoop on every corner. Just a guess.

ha

"mexicans"

well, ayon doesn't speak any english. najera didn't move to the states until college. llamas as a teen.

manuel raga (first player drafted in the nba from an international league) is the best mexican player ever, born and raised in mexico.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Didn't know Aguirre was Mexican.
    Same. Thought he was all black power.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    I was just in mexico. In my impression, and i went to many places, its just not a basketball country. saw a few hoop courts and everyone, kids and adults, were just using them to play soccer. And when i finally saw people playing basketball, the level was very very low. so im kinda surprised mexico actually produced a couple nba players. its not like the u.s. or europe where u just see dudes playing ball everywhere on any court.
    This annoys the hell out of me, I was born in Chicago of Mexican parents (my grandparents are from Texas, no wetback), I live in Mexico (business owner) and everytime I want to ball it up, fukking kids are playing mini-soccer on basketball courts.
    I know soccer is the national sport but jesus, change it up a bit.
    Baseball is pretty popular also as well as NFL football but nothing like futbol.
    I've run into some kids that can ball but in general the level down here is crappy, like DCL stated.
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-18-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Same. Thought he was all black power.
    Aguirre is a Spanish last name, I remember tv anouncers would pronounce his like A-gwire, but it's really pronounced, Agi-ray.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Tonight 9pts, 17rb, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk and 0 turnovers.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Tonight 9pts, 17rb, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk and 0 turnovers.
    Yea I saw he was on pace to set the franchise record in rebounds until he slowed down in 4th! Dude is such an animal haha. Seriously this guy seems to be delivering under the radar every game. I hate how the Clippers never seem to nag a player like this out of nowhere who tears it up. Where is our Gustavo Ayon?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yea I saw he was on pace to set the franchise record in rebounds until he slowed down in 4th! Dude is such an animal haha. Seriously this guy seems to be delivering under the radar every game. I hate how the Clippers never seem to nag a player like this out of nowhere who tears it up. Where is our Gustavo Ayon?
    Bobby Simmons.

Mike Taylor was impressive, mainly at MSG, but then, they waived him, don't know why still.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Bobby Simmons.

Mike Taylor was impressive, mainly at MSG, but then, they waived him, don't know why still.
    Fair enough... Bobby counts but he was a 1 hit wonder playing for a big contract IMO. Mike Taylor never played basketball the right way... he was just an explosive athlete. Similar to what we have in Bledsoe right now (though Bledsoe has more upside and work ethic).

Ayon was one of the best player of the ACB league last year, and the ACB is the second best league in the world. It is not nowhere in my opinion.

Ayon was one of the best player of the ACB league last year, and the ACB is the second best league in the world. It is not nowhere in my opinion.
    Fair enough. I'll admit I'm ignorant to basketball outside the NBA (I know, bad habit). I just mean... he wasn't super hyped coming to New Orleans or anything.

Fair enough. I'll admit I'm ignorant to basketball outside the NBA (I know, bad habit). I just mean... he wasn't super hyped coming to New Orleans or anything.
    He was the biggest surprise last year, nobody knew him.

Grinder, what do you have on this guy?

American NBA fans are unfortunately very disconnected from the rest of the basketball world.

He was the biggest surprise last year, nobody knew him.
    That tells me he's hungry and is an extremely hard worker... if he keeps surprising big everywhere he goes.