Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Are the 2013 Lakers the biggest failures of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    As much as I want to say yes, I can't anymore. They're so injury riddled they had to start Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock tonight. They were already barely the 7th/8th best team in the West with Kobe. Now they're sans-Kobe, Nash, and Blake. There's probably 3 or 4 teams in the West that didn't even make the playoffs that are better than the Lakers right now.
    It's their own fault for the injuries though. They assembled a top-heavy roster of overpaid, old "stars" and played these guys 40 mins a game because they forgot to assemble a competent bench.

Team is d-league material as exposed without gawdbe right now, in heroic way, gawdbe gave them a playoff seed

It actually adds to kobes legacy

Why are injuries an excuse?

Your great god Kobe Bryant played 78 games this year. Dwight played 76 albeit not 100%, but he is still has a case for best C in the league (or top 3, whatever) Bulls played a whole season without Rose and still managed a 5th seed.

Laker fans are pathetic.

Saw a basketball once

Laker fans knew exactly how old this team was at the beginning of the season when many were making memes and championship predictions, so using age now doesn't seem like a valid excuse. Injuries, however, are fair. Gasol, Nash, and others like Hill missed large portions of the season. Still, it is hard to ignore the fact that the teams two best players (Kobe and Dwight) both played 75+ games. Considering the Lakers made the playoffs and finished with the seventh seed, I do not think this is the biggest failure in NBA history (though it still is a failure). If they had finished in the lottery, it absolutely would have been, regardless of injuries. Oh, and as a side note, the Lakers actually had the same record as the Bulls (45 wins). Lakers were only a lower seed because they play in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    If the team is d-league material why did 66% of NBA GMs and fans alike pick them to win the West?

It's time to face the music. Having this bad of a season with this roster of hall of famers has tainted Kobes legacy and it kicks him out of the top ten all-time.
    because those opinions came before watching a single game and how they would perform, solely based on past glories and speculations. to think this 40 year old team was actually better after watching the games is inexcusable and only held against kobe by ignorant fools (see yourself)

in reality, lebron(*) stans/kobe haters are just mad in spite all of this kobe managed to come up clean and being the hero of the year. meanwhile in the eastern conference, theres not even bball to watch there, the two best teams can be seen during the heat bench vs starters drills...

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing

fixed

What does LeBron or the Heat have to do with the 2013 Lakers being failures?

I think it's time to seek help bro.
    I mentioned it because you're a lebron fan making fun of the lakers, so now i make fun of your heat, now you're supposed to throw me some asterisks which I shall dodge as usual

Only one thing is more satisfying than watching Lakers fans eat all the shit that they talked before the season.

And that one thing is seeing Brooklyn Decker naked.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Lee Jenkins GOAT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    I mentioned it because you're a lebron fan making fun of the lakers, so now i make fun of your heat, now you're supposed to throw me some asterisks which I shall dodge as usual
    Where did you make fun of the Heat?

All I see is a compliment about the starters and bench being the best two units in the East. You see, I'm not a stan that diminishes the cast to hype up one guy. I love having a stacked team. I'd take a stacked team every single year if I could. The higher the chances that my Heat win the title the happier I am.

But that has nothing to do with the Lakers pathetic year so I don't know where your going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Only one thing is more satisfying than watching Lakers fans eat all the shit that they talked before the season.

And that one thing is seeing Brooklyn Decker naked.
    Lol this couldn't have happened to a funnier fanbase. Karma is a bitch.

National High School Star

Lol, you act as if it was only Lakers fans that were saying this. Come on now. How many haters were crying about how unfair it was and how they should just hand the Lakers the WCF's now. Don't act like it was only Laker fans.

Enjoy it haters. It doesn't come around very often. In the end the team was destroyed by injuries and mismanagement. Hopefully they'll be able to come back next year with something.

As for biggest failures, how are massive injuries not a valid reason for under-performing? Heat fans were pointing at injuries to bench players and journeymen as reasons for not winning. The Lakers have been devastated all year and barely played with all 5 starters in the game, let alone fully healthy.

It sucks that they suck, but they're still the Lakers and I'm still a fan. It is what it is. I've still been to more title games and gone to more championship parades than any of you, I guarantee it.

Where did you make fun of the Heat?

All I see is a compliment about the starters and bench being the best two units in the East. You see, I'm not a stan that diminishes the cast to hype up one guy. I love having a stacked team. I'd take a stacked team every single year if I could. The higher the chances that my Heat win the title the happier I am.

But that has nothing to do with the Lakers pathetic year so I don't know where your going with this.

lmao cut the acting, you're just a lebron shlong rider gimmick, you're not even a real heat fan , of course you'd take a stacked team with no competition; you're a lebron(*) fan

Can't use the injuries as an excuse, LA. It just makes you look worse.

Other teams have suffered through injuries, yet some have managed to not only survive but prosper.

I think the Lakers wouldn't have made the playoffs if it wasn't for the unfair officiating.

I think the Lakers would've had a better record if they were not riddled with injuries. People say Kobe and Dwight played most games, but you have to account they do not play in the Eastern conference, where teams like the Bucks make the playoffs and in the west the Jazz don't. Also you have to account their backcourt key players were often injured, Nash and Blake, and that position is very important, as important as center. Also people keep forgetting that Gasol is a very important key player, more than Dwight, in that team and he was out for a lot of games. Plus even Dwight was coming of a back surgery, people (Stans) think coming of a back surgery is easy? Heck MCgrady lost his superstar career due to back injuries. And the coup de tat...they go and lose Kobe.

Trust me this was a hard year to be a Lakers fan.

Lebron stan like Montana always point out to Kobe being a chucker. But guess what he was a horrible chucker last year (43% FG) and he went to the second round only to be beat by the Thunder. This year he was playing way better than he has since the championship run and he barely make the playoffs? What is missing in that equation? OH yeah I forgot, his favorite (and most respected teammate) Pau Gasol.