Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: Empty Seats at Staples Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

8/10 of the people who root for the Lakers are not Lakers fans, they just have a weird obsession with Kobe

2/10 are actually loyal team fans.

You are a dumb motherf*cker. you don't know shit about the Laker fanbase other than what you read on ISH. None of you Laker haters do. You all think that because this place is full of Kobe stans it represents Laker fans in general? What about the LeBron stans? That better go for all fanbases, because ISH is full of morons that are barely out of their teens that think they know everything. I don't know any fans who act as Immature as the idiots on this website. Let me reiterate: You and the rest of the haters DO NOT KNOW SHIT! Grow up and post something intelligent.

IMO it's just logical for it to happen for the most part.

I mean yeah you'll get your loyal fans coming to support the team. But the reality is, they don't call it the "Lake Show" for no reason. An rightfully so. If you took Lebron off the Heat with Injury, or any other teams superstar, would you be shocks to see empty seats?

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

The Lakers will be irrelevant for another decade after Kobe leaves. The league will belong to Lebron and Kevin Durant.

Empty because no Kobe, or empty because the Lakers have no shot at winning this series?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Is there a way the Lakers can restructure his contract and give him an extension, so that he gets less money next year but gets an extension where he makes it back and he gets another deal to finish his career.

This is what Shaq did when he went to Miami - he had one year left on his deal, but he took an extension and lowered his deal for one season.

If he were to lower his salary by 15 million next year, the Lakers could use that money and sign other pieces.
    No they'd still be over the cap. They might as well just wait a year when all the big contracts expire except for Nash and maybe Howard. This whole amnesty thing is the dumbest idea because it doesn't create capspace, the Lakers still have to pay his contract and if last night's playoff game was any indication if the Lakers don't have anything that resembles a competitive team they'll lose a lot more money than they're actually paying Kobe.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    You are a dumb motherf*cker. you don't know shit about the Laker fanbase other than what you read on ISH. None of you Laker haters do. You all think that because this place is full of Kobe stans it represents Laker fans in general? What about the LeBron stans? That better go for all fanbases, because ISH is full of morons that are barely out of their teens that think they know everything. I don't know any fans who act as Immature as the idiots on this website. Let me reiterate: You and the rest of the haters DO NOT KNOW SHIT! Grow up and post something intelligent.
    Thank You!

I didn't feel like typing this.

People on here are idiots! Out of the many greats that have played for the Lakers (Magic,Kareem,Shaq,West,Worthy,etc) the whole fan base only cares about Kobe Which wouldn't explain the popularity & love for the Lakers during the 1980's. Lakers fans love winning period.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    They're not paying these high prices for Morris and Goudelock.
    You can't have it both ways. Laker fans are the worst fans in the NBA. Most of that fanbase are bandwagon fans riding the "16 championships" or whatever it is.

The Heat fans got made fun of for far less.