Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Reggie Miller > Steph Curry

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Damn didnt know Kblaze is a Reggie a hater?

Prime Reggie would start over any Klay Thompson, come on man... can you imagine such a competitive assassin playing with this goat stacked team? Running around screens (which he was the best ever at, even Ray Allen did admit he studied his bag of tricks) with no attention... catching & shooting... no physicallity... no handchecking.... wow...

Better yet can you imagine Klay being in the 80s/90s seat of Reggie? Being a #1 option surrounded with scrubs mostly, max attention, getting hammered by the most physical play, competitiveness & handchecking ever.... he would go into a fetal position... Maybe the same would go for Curry in that seat, with the physical play+handchecking he wouldnt be able to do the things he does at the moment, he could have been like a peak Mark Price and at worst Mahmoud Abdul Rauf... he would still be damn good, but nothing like what you see today... Reggie would be dancing on roses in todays era, he would be on a relaxing vacation....
    Reggie could shoot but so can Klay.

nobody is gonna start Reggie over Klay

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Your praising for the players you love and bashing of their teammates is so damn annoying. Any of Reggie's teams that made some noise was well rounded. They weren't loaded, but they weren't Reggie & scrubs either.

That said Reggie had that extragear in him for the playoffs that some players simply don't have - some even shift down. That's why I think him being ringless is a bigger shame than Karl Malone.
    Reggie went on the record and said Rik Smith was the best player on the Pacers before.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Damn didnt know Kblaze is a Reggie a hater?

Prime Reggie would start over any Klay Thompson, come on man... can you imagine such a competitive assassin playing with this goat stacked team? Running around screens (which he was the best ever at, even Ray Allen did admit he studied his bag of tricks) with no attention... catching & shooting... no physicallity... no handchecking.... wow...

Better yet can you imagine Klay being in the 80s/90s seat of Reggie? Being a #1 option surrounded with scrubs mostly, max attention, getting hammered by the most physical play, competitiveness & handchecking ever.... he would go into a fetal position... Maybe the same would go for Curry in that seat, with the physical play+handchecking he wouldnt be able to do the things he does at the moment, he could have been like a peak Mark Price and at worst Mahmoud Abdul Rauf... he would still be damn good, but nothing like what you see today... Reggie would be dancing on roses in todays era, he would be on a relaxing vacation....
    Reggies advantage over most is non existent with Klay. Reggie had worse seasons from outside with the line moved in than Klay with the full distance. Reggie scored 22 a game twice in 18 years....both on far more minutes. Klay is a similar shooter, a better athlete, and a far far better defensive player....

Just how it is.

Reggie is a 6th man on the warriors...and depending on the matchup.... a less valuable one than Iggy. If im playing the Cavs Iggy is coming off the bench first. What...im gonna put Reggie on Lebron? Kyrie? I could of course put him on JR and move Klay to the harder matchup....but why? Why give up defense for offense when I have Curry and Klay doing the only thing Reggie does at a higher level?

Id have Reggie come in with Livingston, Iggy, and West to maintain offense while guys rested. He would be perfect in that role.

Klay was out there shooting over 42% from 3 this playoff run....taking 10 threes a game. Reggie only shot 42% in 2 runs his entire career(no....I do not consider a 3 or 4 game series to be a "run") and both were with the line moved in. And he wasnt taking 10 a game either.

Klay totally negates the only reason to start Reggie over most all star level 2 guards. Once reggie has no real shooting edge....why am I starting him over a better defender exactly? Because his name is Reggie Miller?

Hes not starting over Klay. He damn sure isnt knocking off Durant. So he comes off the bench. And nobody would be outraged. Reggie wasnt even an all star in like 14 seasons. Its hardly benching the unbenchable. better players than Reggie Miller came off the bench on great teams. If John Havlicek, Kevin Mchale, and James Worthy can come off the bench when it makes sense Reggie Miller sure as hell can when his only high level skill is matched by the incumbent...who happens to be a much better defender.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

the cavs would seek reggie out just like they seeked curry out and dominate him even more thoroughly ..