Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: T-Wolves want Gasol for Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Rainwound
    Pretty sure the lakers could get a lot better for Gasol.
    really depends on what the Wolves throw in

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    I'm sorry but this trade is never going to happen and I highly suspect that it was some beat writer from L.A who is leaking this rumor.

Gasol has a trade kicker that will up his salary to 20 million each of the next 2 years. Gasol is 32 now. There is no way Kahn is going to trade Williams, let alone Pek + other stuff, for Pau giving these other huge negative factors. The Lakers are not going to be able to ship off junk to reload again.
    Actually it makes perfect sense, Minny with Gasol/Pek/Love for 2 positions could make them one of the best teams in the west next year.

Gasol brings championship experience and leadership, he fits well in the system, is still a good player, his contract would end about the time Rubio needs a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Wasn't there a report about Williams being offered to the cats()

Why is Minny so ready to ship him out? Especially of they don't retain Super Cool Beas
    The Lakers were the ones that wanted the #2 pick. So instead of Williams going to LA for Pau, it would have been the #2 overall + whatever Kahn thew in

Banned

I just want SOMETHING to happen because I'm tired of rooting for the same shit. Its the same crap every year and its gonna happen again. I just want something new.

But williams? And who? Beasley? Beasley and williams? I dunno man.

Seriously, I don't get it. If we are trading Gasol, we need Williams and then some. I'd take Chase Budinger, Luke Ridnour, Pek, and a 2016 first rounder (the season AFTER Gasol's contract is up), or any combination of the above. But not just Williams and Wes Johnson or some nonsense.

Banned

The writing for Gasol to Minny has been on the walls for sometime now. It's only natural that it finally happens. Both teams, especially the Lakers, will breathe a sigh of relief once the Gasol situation is settled.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I just want SOMETHING to happen because I'm tired of rooting for the same shit. Its the same crap every year and its gonna happen again. I just want something new.

But williams? And who? Beasley? Beasley and williams? I dunno man.
    this x 10000000

those two + a PG and crappy picks ,sounds alright to me

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Actually it makes perfect sense, Minny with Gasol/Pek/Love for 2 positions could make them one of the best teams in the west next year.

Gasol brings championship experience and leadership, he fits well in the system, is still a good player, his contract would end about the time Rubio needs a new one.
    Oh I don't doubt it would make us a better team right now. That is undeniable. But we where winning at something like a .600 clip when Love-Rubio-Pek were all in the starting line up. Having Gasol would be awesome.

But I don't think people on this forum understand Kahn at all. There is no chance he will give up anymore then a maximum of Williams and even then he would have to be forced by Taylor to take on that contract. He is deathly afraid of adding salary which is really annoying.

I don't like Williams at all but even rational Lakers fans cannot think that Pau for Williams/Pek/Budinger/2016 Minny first is even remotely fair. That is ludicrous. Considering the new luxury tax ramifications the Lakers have a heck of a lot less leverage if they want to trade Pau.

I don't like Williams at all but even rational Lakers fans cannot think that Pau for Williams/Pek/Budinger/2016 Minny first is even remotely fair. That is ludicrous. Considering the new luxury tax ramifications the Lakers have a heck of a lot less leverage if they want to trade Pau.
    The Lakers have plenty of leverage. A motivated Pau could put several teams over the top, and everyone knows it.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    You want Gasol? Give me Pek too. Maybe a future first as well (top 3 protected because I'm nice).

1 for 1 doesn't make sense.
    i wouldnt trade you pek for gasol straight up. take your future first and shove it up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    i wouldnt trade you pek for gasol straight up. take your future first and shove it up your ass

K, keep your current roster. Lakers have other suitors.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Williams sucks Pau disappears and underperforms a lot, but at least he is good.

Oh I don't doubt it would make us a better team right now. That is undeniable. But we where winning at something like a .600 clip when Love-Rubio-Pek were all in the starting line up. Having Gasol would be awesome.

But I don't think people on this forum understand Kahn at all. There is no chance he will give up anymore then a maximum of Williams and even then he would have to be forced by Taylor to take on that contract. He is deathly afraid of adding salary which is really annoying.

Don't you think Kahn is afraid of adding salary only up until a certain point?
    I mean at some point you're going to have to shell out dollars if you want a good team, this is the move that makes Minny a good team at least for the remainder of Gasol's contract(he could then possibly be resigned cheaper).

I'm all with you about the trade not happening(or at least shouldn't) if Pek is also involved. The idea for minny would be to get 3 good/great players for the two inside positions.

Maybe Williams, Beasley and a future 1st round pick or something like that, or just Williams and Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Don't you think Kahn is afraid of adding salary only up until a certain point?
    I mean at some point you're going to have to shell out dollars if you want a good team, this is the move that makes Minny a good team at least for the remainder of Gasol's contract(he could then possibly be resigned cheaper).

I'm all with you about the trade not happening(or at least shouldn't) if Pek is also involved. The idea for minny would be to get 3 good/great players for the two inside positions.

Maybe Williams, Beasley and a future 1st round pick or something like that, or just Williams and Beasley.
    Have you checked out my username? Kahn blows.