Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What are the Lakers doing?

Jim Buss is running the show now.
    Hiring Mike Brown and not telling Kobe.
    Trying to trade Pau.
    Trading away Odom.
    Not amnestying Walton - that's the most baffling thing of all. Guy is lousy and now they are willing to pay the luxury tax on him.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Trading odom was idiotic...to freaking Dallas no less.

It's hard right now to see much hope for this season right now for LA
    I agree 100%. The reason why is we can't count on Bynum been there. The guy is Injury prone, he hasn't played a full season in the NBA yet. We lose Lamar Odom our 6 man of the year. We have nobody coming of the bench that's worth a damn. On top of that we have Derek Fisher and Steve Blake at point guard. Yeah it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Wow, you are really defensive. I was actually praising the Lakers.

What was the point of giving Odom away? At least he's a trade asset. He's still a good player. Now they have no one.
    Lamar was never involved in a deal to land Howard anyway, Orlando didn't want him. He's 32 now, his value is not going any higher. They traded him to Dallas because he wanted to go there and they honored his wishes, which was a classy thing to do. Yes I'm defensive because the Lakers make one questionable move and everyone is jumping down their throat. History shows they always make the right moves so I'll wait and see what they have planned before overreacting and feeling foolish later on.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Jim Buss is running the show now.
    Hiring Mike Brown and not telling Kobe.Trying to trade Pau.
    Trading away Odom.
    Not amnestying Walton - that's the most baffling thing of all. Guy is lousy and now they are willing to pay the luxury tax on him.
    Out of all the candidates they could have hired, they had to hir Mike Brown...I mean really?

I wonder what Jim's future plan for the Lakers is? Must have something to do with rebuilding.

Why hasn't Walton been amnestied?

Great college starter

Lakers are done. Kobe is done. I have to listen to bitch ass cry baby Laker fans all season long at work. ****!

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Last time I checked, the Lakers still have Kobe, Bynum and Pau...and 16 championships. The organization is doing just fine, thanks for your concern. Mitch knows what he is doing better than you couch potatoes...trading Lamar was the right move. By the end of the playoffs last year, he looked like he was done...mentally checked out. He's 32 years old, he was disgruntled about coming back...perfect time to get rid of him. I can see everyone is giddy at the prospect of the Lakers imploding but just wait and see how the season goes before getting too excited.
    Dude, you make really good points. But the fact is the Lakers gave away Odom, our only bench player that actually produces and the reigning 6th Man of the Year, for practically nothing. They could have gotten a much better deal than what they got. His value was at an all time high right now. Even if Odom asked to be traded, they didnt have to trade him so quickly. At worst they could just ask him to stay away from the team until the most team beneficial trade presented itself. It seems like the Lakers panicked and traded him just to trade him.

Local High School Star

good, the bandwagoners are leaving. btw never knew Odom was that big of a difference. oh I know now.... he's not on the Lakers anymore. Anyways mark my words LA will be better this year. They needed a defensive coach and they got one.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Portland could extract as many as 3 draft picks for Gerald Wallace in possible multi-team Nets deal for Dwight Howard, league sources say.
    1 minute ago

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Doesn't look good for our Lakers right now, but we'll just have to see how it all turns out.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe681
    Dude, you make really good points. But the fact is the Lakers gave away Odom, our only bench player that actually produces and the reigning 6th Man of the Year, for practically nothing. They could have gotten a much better deal than what they got. His value was at an all time high right now. Even if Odom asked to be traded, they didnt have to trade him so quickly. At worst they could just ask him to stay away from the team until the most team beneficial trade presented itself. It seems like the Lakers panicked and traded him just to trade him.
    Or they traded him to a team he preferred

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    Or they traded him to a team he preferred

Why would that matter? Cause it 'honorable'?

Someone explain why Walton hasn't been amnestied. Why pay luxury tax on Walton?

Just a guess, but maybe cause its only about 5 million? Maybe they want to hold onto it to use it on someone else.

Whats the rule on using the amnesty on a player you trade FOR?

ex: they trade for Hedo, then amnesty his ass...

theyre saving it for Kobe next year.