Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default What are the Lakers doing?

I have great respect for Mitch Kupchak, who assembled a championship team not because the Lakers can outspend, but because he makes shrewd moves. Gets Kobe for Divac back in the day (as assistant GM), smartly keeps Kobe instead of Shaq and gets Lamar Odom in process, makes a steal of a trade to get Pau Gasol, and gets a steal in the draft in Bynum, got Ariza for nothing,........he's one of most underrated GM's in the game.

But WTF is happening right now? Tries to get Chris Paul, Stern c-ckblocks it....and then.......panics and gives away Lamar Odom for nothing? Because Odom is upset? Really?

Then, for some reason, continues to pursue Paul hard instead of pursuing the most dominant player in Howard? Why hasn't Kupchak gone hard after Howard from day one? I don't get. To me, from day one, he should have given up anything he could besides Kobe to make sure Howard is a Laker. How can you pass on trying to get most dominant center in the game? It's baffling.......he's letting Nets steal him.

For those who will argue "Bynum, Paul, Kobe > Howard Kobe", I think that's wrong. You always take the most dominant big, and worry about rest later. Anyway, without Odom, they have one major asset missing to make moves.

Baffling.......
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: What are the Lakers doing?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I have great respect for Mitch Kupchak, who assembled a championship team not because the Lakers can outspend, but because he makes shrewd moves. Gets Kobe for Divac back in the day (as assistant GM), smartly keeps Kobe instead of Shaq and gets Lamar Odom in process, makes a steal of a trade to get Pau Gasol, and gets a steal in the draft in Bynum, got Ariza for nothing,........he's one of most underrated GM's in the game.

But WTF is happening right now? Tries to get Chris Paul, Stern c-ckblocks it....and then.......panics and gives away Lamar Odom for nothing? Because Odom is upset? Really?

Then, for some reason, continues to pursue Paul hard instead of pursuing the most dominant player in Howard? Why hasn't Kupchak gone hard after Howard from day one? I don't get. To me, from day one, he should have given up anything he could besides Kobe to make sure Howard is a Laker. How can you pass on trying to get most dominant center in the game? It's baffling.......he's letting Nets steal him.

For those who will argue "Bynum, Paul, Kobe > Howard Kobe", I think that's wrong. You always take the most dominant big, and worry about rest later. Anyway, without Odom, they have one major asset missing to make moves.

Baffling.......
    Your analysis involves ESPN being right about a lot of this, which may be where the logic gap comes from. Them making shit up.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Baffling.......
    this

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Your analysis involves ESPN being right about a lot of this, which may be where the logic gap comes from. Them making shit up.
    Maybe, but that's all we have to go. What the media tells us.........

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Yea, another thing that Kupchak is good at is making deals outside the limelight of the national media and under the table, this is how big deals get done anyways, NBA or otherwise.

Maybe, but that's all we have to go. What the media tells us........
    Trust me when I tell you this you couldn't be more wrong about this one.

Maybe, but that's all we have to go. What the media tells us.........
    i'd wait and see how things play out. A lot of the Paul stuff and D12 stuff is illogical to me. The trade Stein reports for D12 is ridiculous (it's the same crappy Lopez trade but with less picks replaced with Gerald Wallace) and the fact ESPN is so obsessed with the Lakers possibly getting Paul when anyone watching can tell that not only does the league not want to trade him, they sure as hell are not sending him to a big market team like Lakers.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

I don't understand the logic. If they wanted to trade odom he could of been a huge asset in the deal and we wouldn't have to trade Pau and Bynum. I'm just starting to think that they feel they have no chance to get Dwight so thats why they are trying to pursue CP3 hard.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

I just don't think the Lakers have enough assets to get Dwight. This could be the end of the Lakers for a while.

Last time I checked, the Lakers still have Kobe, Bynum and Pau...and 16 championships. The organization is doing just fine, thanks for your concern. Mitch knows what he is doing better than you couch potatoes...trading Lamar was the right move. By the end of the playoffs last year, he looked like he was done...mentally checked out. He's 32 years old, he was disgruntled about coming back...perfect time to get rid of him. I can see everyone is giddy at the prospect of the Lakers imploding but just wait and see how the season goes before getting too excited.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    I don't understand the logic. If they wanted to trade odom he could of been a huge asset in the deal and we wouldn't have to trade Pau and Bynum. I'm just starting to think that they feel they have no chance to get Dwight so thats why they are trying to pursue CP3 hard.
    I wonder why they don't think they have a shot at Dwight. I think they have more to offer than the Nets do. The only thing that comes to mind has to do with memories of Shaq leaving Orlando. It is possible that Orlando is hesitant to trade Howard to the Lakers for fear of fan backlash, or maybe Howard himself is hesitant because he wants to leave Orlando fans on good terms and that is next to impossible if he follows Shaq's footsteps.

Decent college freshman

Not much following NBA lately how will lakers starting lineup and rotations look like right now?

It seems they need to pull a trade.do they lack a depth tho?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    trading Lamar was the right move. By the end of the playoffs last year, he looked like he was done...mentally checked out. He's 32 years old....
    Great, then you wouldn't mind trading away Pau Gasol for nothing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Last time I checked, the Lakers still have Kobe, Bynum and Pau...and 16 championships. The organization is doing just fine, thanks for your concern. Mitch knows what he is doing better than you couch potatoes...trading Lamar was the right move. By the end of the playoffs last year, he looked like he was done...mentally checked out. He's 32 years old, he was disgruntled about coming back...perfect time to get rid of him. I can see everyone is giddy at the prospect of the Lakers imploding but just wait and see how the season goes before getting too excited.
    Wow, you are really defensive. I was actually praising the Lakers.

What was the point of giving Odom away? At least he's a trade asset. He's still a good player. Now they have no one.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    I just don't think the Lakers have enough assets to get Dwight. This could be the end of the Lakers for a while.
    Kobe still has 2 - 3 years in him.Lakers need to try and win now, because 3 years later kobe is done.

Trading odom was idiotic...to freaking Dallas no less.

It's hard right now to see much hope for this season right now for LA