Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo: "I don't know if I can afford another season of losing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Melo should go to the Lakers and with Kobe win it all when Wiggins arrive there.
    Win with Kobe? Win what?

College star

Dude, I just came from realgm NY....holy shit

And why are you so confident if Lebron and Melo do team up it's going to be in NY and not in Miami?

1. Phil Jackson
    2. NYC extra marketing (LeBron is a media guy he knows what that would do to his brand)
    3. Assuming Phil plays this right we should have some young pieces to go along with LeBron and Melo. Miami wont have those assets (there role players are old (battier, lewis, haslem) they won't have the luxury of a good pick to add.

We would hopefully have THjr, Shumpert, and a 2015 1st round pick (plus additional space cap space + whatever assets we might be able to get for Tyson and other expirings).

But like I said we should be more disireable that Miami in 2015-16 as long as Phil plans for the future nicely. If we keep Chandler and some of the other pieces and just play out 2014-15 we might not be that attractive. I say re-tool, Melo opt in. Trade whatever we can in 2014-15 for future assets and then go into 2015-16 and try to get Melo and LeBron to team up.
    There's posts like this riddled throughout their threads

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Dude, I just came from realgm NY....holy shit

There's posts like this riddled throughout their threads
    I'm not engaging in hyperbole here, but honestly....

Miami has more of a chance of getting Melo AND Kevin Love than NYK has of getting LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Noah is the one who has practically been begging Melo to sign with the Bulls all year. I just can't respect players like Noah and Rose colluding to stack the deck in their favor.
    There was a rumor during the all-star break, just once, and you're gonna make it sound like he was begging him all year? They both denied it. Could be true, could be not - but don't exaggerate it.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    "...at this point in my career I'm not concerned about the money."

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statu...45569865306112

What's stopping him then from forming a super team with LeBron or KD?
    They always say they don't care about the money but they always sign a max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    They always say they don't care about the money but they always sign a max deal.
    He means the most physical dollars.30 million as opposed to 25. (Made up) Something only the KNicks can offer him. He is willing to drop a a few million to play on a better squad. Make no mistake. He will still be paid, so it seems silly from the outside.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I'm not engaging in hyperbole here, but honestly....

Miami has more of a chance of getting Melo AND Kevin Love than NYK has of getting LeBron.
    Miami has more of a chance of getting KD than NYK getting Bron, and KD isn't even available

Didn't Bron just say he feels sorry for Melo and his tenure in NY

You'd think they'd have learned after 2011, when they struck out on every major free agent after their fans guaranteed they were acquiring a set of stars, and ended up with Amare who know one else wanted to pay long term except their incompetent ass

No one on Chicago's roster wears number 7. It's collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Melo would just ruin the Chicago Bull's team chemistry. He might win an NBA championship someday as a 3rd scoring option ala Glenn Rice back in 2000.
    Ala lebran James 12-13.. Those team up asterisk rings

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Ala lebran James 12-13.. Those team up asterisk rings

There have been teams more stacked than the Heat in 2012.

Magic Johnson's Lakers, Larry Bird's Celtics, Shaq's Lakers etc

None of those rings are asteriks so stop whining bitter old man.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    There have been teams more stacked than the Heat in 2012.

Magic Johnson's Lakers, Larry Bird's Celtics, Shaq's Lakers etc

None of those rings are asteriks so stop whining bitter old man.
    You might want to go revisit tape of the 2001 and 2002 Lakers.

The drop off after Shaq and Kobe was astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    You might want to go revisit tape of the 2001 and 2002 Lakers.

The drop off after Shaq and Kobe was astronomical.

Nah they were stacked apparently

Bran stans always trying to prop up there hero, they can't face the fact his 2 team up rings are so unimpressive..

He should go to Miami, if there is anything we've learned it is that winning erases everything. What some trolls on ISH say don't mean shit when he's standing there as a winner.

Also, think about this and how it makes sense for Melo. I'd present it to him this way.

1. Melo has what, 4 good years left in the NBA? He can go to some other team or sign with Miami and compete the whole way until he basically retires.. with his best friends. Compete for a championship every year and not have to think about anything else.

2. Melo would be a legit 2nd option in Miami. Wade is injured all the time and is declining quickly. A 2nd option behind Lebron is not a bad deal. Melo is not better than Pippen, Westbrook, Kobe and many other players who have made well as 2nd options. Hell, even Wade took the role as a 2nd option.

3. Winning erases everything. And hey, Miami is not a bad place to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Win with Kobe? Win what?
    The championship they are going to get from the reigning champions the Thunder.