Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Garden

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Garden

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    wtf? where did i even mention winning or losing or whatever?
    read the post again, nowhere do i duscuss winning, losing, player matchups or any of what you responded with...

all i said is mbenga had had his chances since he came into the league to get playing time and has failed to make his mark.. for whatever reason

he's been on 3 teams now, that's 3 head coaches and yet has been a spectator in 300 of 493 regular season games... obviously coaches are seeing something somewhere that says this guy is not ready for prime time
    oops ok my bad, im sorry then for misunderstanding.
    Let my just say again there are legit reasons why the hall of famer/most successful coach have chosen not to use Mbengga for like 95% of the time. he has seen this player actually play and practive unlike most of us fans.
    Then again PHil had his reasons why all of a sudden, he gambled in using Mihm who barely played prior to 2008 finals. Phil has made some weird decisions like barely using Shannnon Brown last years finals inspite of his shooting great in the prior series' and yet they won.
    Im a little suprised that your main reply was about misquoting you and not on other points I have made.

These are some of the games that DJ played this year.
    Nov 6 vs Mem, 13 rebs, 4 blocks, 2 assists
    NOv 8 vs NOH, 12 REBS, 4 blocks,
    Jan 3, vs Dallas, 3 rebs and 3 blocks.
    Mar 26 vs OKC, 2 rebs, 2 block in 17 mins.
    About players who have failed before. Shannon Brown was a nobody until he played in LA, Ariza had mild success too. Jalen Rose was in Larry Brown's doghouse until Larry Bird came over. But before you write wtf on me, I know DJ has very limited skills as compared to the players I mentioned.
    I never said DJ is a great player, but from your acct in game 4 gamecast, I "think" you mentioned that its not what the Lakers didn't do, its what Boston did.. and that Big Baby was a truck load, with a massive body and brute strength, the question is what now? Davis comes in and "do his thing" dislodging the leaner Odom and Pau, now what?
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 06-12-2010 at 05:07 PM.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    that Big Baby was a truck load, with a massive body and brute strength, the question is what now? Davis comes in and "do his thing" dislodging the leaner Odom and Pau, now what?
    couple things, he (davis) is an ok defender but nowhere near a great defender, he is an ok rebounder but once again nowhere near a dominating force on the boards

you make the celtics pay for having him on the floor, this is one place where the best offense is a good defense. out score him and out rebound him on both ends suddenly his 10+ points he puts up don't look so great, turn him into a liability.... you don't try and match up with him you use your strengths and his weaknesses to reduce his impact

the biggest mistake would be to stick a player like mbenga on him who's weaknesses are greater and more varied, don't make davis a good defender and don't make him a solid rebounder by sticking dj on him

JUST WIN BABY

Learning to shoot layups chimera27's Avatar

Call me a worry wart. But I have a bad feeling that because the Lakers f**ked up the 4th quarters in both game 2 and game 4 that its going to cost them the trophy. They had two great opportunities to go up 3-1 or even end the series already and they just plain f**ked up. There are going to be repercussions for letting good opportunities slip through their grasp. Plus there aren't any signs that the f**king bench is going to help very much anytime soon. Hope I am wrong but I can't shake the bad feeling.

I have a feeling the Lakers will come through for us this game.

Expect Bynum to put up a big game, I am predicting 16 points and 10 rebounds from him with 2 blocks and 3 assists on decent shooting. I have a feeling he is going to give us solid 30-35 minutes tomorrow. I am also not expecting Odom to show up tomorrow. He will get 6 points and 5 rebounds, but that's it. Lakers by 3-5 points with the Celtics leading at half-time. I expect the Celtics bench to get quite a bit of playing time tomorrow, Lakers better be prepared for Fat Baby and the Donkey.

Go Lakers!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chimera27
    Call me a worry wart. But I have a bad feeling that because the Lakers f**ked up the 4th quarters in both game 2 and game 4 that its going to cost them the trophy. They had two great opportunities to go up 3-1 or even end the series already and they just plain f**ked up. There are going to be repercussions for letting good opportunities slip through their grasp. Plus there aren't any signs that the f**king bench is going to help very much anytime soon. Hope I am wrong but I can't shake the bad feeling.

have faith in this journey.... if it was easy, it would not be worth it.

I think the two teams will win their home games. Boston wins tomorrow but Lakers will bounce back and win the next two games at home.

I rule the local playground

I don't know if I can take this stress anymore. I haven't had anything else on my mind since game 2. 20 years of being a laker fan and I've never felt like I feel right now. I hope we win this game tomorrow because frankly I think the winner of game 5 will take the series. If we lose I'll just be heartbroken

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Ga

I hav be a great feeling we will win tomorrow! It will not easy but we will get that dub....keep the faith!

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Have anybody seen that new rollercoaster ride at six flags. I think its called

[COLOR="Indigo"]"YES WE CAN"[/COLOR]

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Ga

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    I hav be a great feeling we will win tomorrow! It will not easy but we will get that dub....keep the faith!
    sensible posters like Crisoner, Bldfd predicting a Laker win. Makes me feel better. Like some other fans, Im getting nervous.
    One espn radio analyst today made a point that Kobe has NOT played a great game yet and is due. I think this extra day of rest will help a lot.
    Like they way they adjusted on Robin Lopez, I think they will put more attention on Davis.
    I wish Pau will get a lot more touches and have about 20 attempts. Heck even his 15 footer are going in. NOt sure exactly why he is only getting like 13 shots/game.

Saw a basketball once

lakers will win tomorrow and will be champ again in game six. amen mark my message

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
    [COLOR=Indigo]"YES WE CAN"[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
    Have anybody seen that new rollercoaster ride at six flags. I think its called

[COLOR="Indigo"]"YES WE CAN"[/COLOR]
    Yes we will! Ha! I was wearing my Magic Johnson jersey last night and notice the number......32. Not trying to look into it too much but I think we are going up 3-2 today! Lol

Take what you want from that! Then next game we will close it out Big Game James style!!!

Go Lakes!