Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Heat's Big 3: A Threat or Not to Lakers?

Now that we know LeBron, Wade, and Bosh is the new Big 3, is it a threat to the Lakers? Lakers can and has finally beat the Celtics's Big 3, how about this young Big 3?

Overall, I'm guessing no.

Fisher/Blake > Chalmers
    Bryant ~ Wade
    Gasol > Bosh
    Artest < Le Diva
    Bynum > Anthony

existing established chemistry > new building chemistry

new bench ? their new bench
    Last edited by kobesabi; 07-08-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Default Re: Heat's Big 3: A Threat or Not to Lakers?

It will be very difficult for the Laker without a single doubt, but people forget that Miami doesn't have enough money to get other top veteran players. They can't afford a starting caliber Center. Bosh will be playing center for quite a bit whether he likes it or not.

Man, this team reminds me quite a bit of Jordan/Pippen/Grant.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Anytime you assemble a group of that caliber players, yes they are a threat... however, I would still like to see how Miami rounds out their team. I don't know how much cap space they have after signing those 3, and that will be a huge matter in determining what their roster looks like.

Makes me wonder if Buss might be willing to spend a bit more... lol

p.s. the whole thing does make me sick. now players can collaborate and create their own mega teams... i dont think that was ever in the spirit of the nba when they created it.

I think this would be the Big Bang if Phil also beat this new Media Diva's Big 3 (back to back).

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    I think this would be the Big Bang if Phil also beat this new Media Diva's Big 3 (back to back).
    dont forget to add Pjax > Riley (although thats a close one)

The other thing to remember is that the Western Conference got a little weaker so far and that benefits the Lakers and their quest to get the the finals. It will be harder for Eastern Conference teams...

Miami will definitely have their work cut out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Makes me wonder if Buss might be willing to spend a bit more... lol

p.s. the whole thing does make me sick. now players can collaborate and create their own mega teams... i dont think that was ever in the spirit of the nba when they created it.
    I doubt it. We're already $81M committed for next year with only 7 guys on the team so far...plus probably another $12 for PJax?

Yea NBA probably didn't intend this way, but it looks like they only few way to win in the last decade. They probably going to change the rule later on to make it less mega union. Little city feels left out. On the bright side, we'll get to see more episodes of mega team vs mega team - and Lakers is one of them. :)

Da Mavs

It depends on who else Miami adds (I can see AI, TMac, Shaq jumping on) and how well they do in the regular season. But damn that's sooo much talent on one team, arguably more than the Lakers have. But then again they won't have role players of the caliber of LO, Ron, Drew, Fish, etc.

Going to be very interesting. I was hoping he went to CHI or NY so there would be another elite team.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    It depends on who else Miami adds (I can see AI, TMac, Shaq jumping on) and how well they do in the regular season. But damn that's sooo much talent on one team, arguably more than the Lakers have. But then again they won't have role players of the caliber of LO, Ron, Drew, Fish, etc.

Going to be very interesting. I was hoping he went to CHI or NY so there would be another elite team.
    Or it might encourage some of them to sign with the Lakers... it could be interesting.... but you will never see Shaq in a Heat uniform again... he burned that bridge long ago.

I'm not scared! 'Nuff said!

Heat depth chart.. interesting... not much there.. haha

http://www.insidehoops.com/depth-southeast.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    The other thing to remember is that the Western Conference got a little weaker so far and that benefits the Lakers and their quest to get the the finals. It will be harder for Eastern Conference teams...

Miami will definitely have their work cut out for them.

Agree. They create work for us too I think. Maybe not since LeBron is 6'8" 250 lbs. Artest is 6'7" 260 lbs. Hopefully Artest can do his magic again shutting down James. I hope Artest's foot fasica fasciaitis is getting better by Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

If Miami also get AI, TMAC, Shaq....that would be one hell of scary team even more than Lakers 2004 mega team.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

c'mon. surround those 3 with just mediocre players and they should win the championship.

our best hope is that they do NOT land any real length.

Bynum is our man when we play them.

I rule the local playground

i dont think we will know for sure until the play offs really. we can guess a little once they fill out the spots. one thing to watch is how they work together. with big egos they might clash. in game if the lead isnt there they will also log big mins. i have some questions like will bron be able to handle not being in charge. this is wades team and pat is in charge. maybe this will force him to become a better player and work on his weak areas.