Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Where do you find the time?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    So what's your end game?

You're not playing college ball, you're not playing overseas and you're not in high school.

What is the goal of playing twice a day, M-F, working out everyday of the week and eating 6 meals a day (and prepping meals everyday instead of prepping days worth of meals in one day)?
    It's passed 10 PM he's in bed atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    It's passed 10 PM he's in bed atm.
    Shit, my bad.

I guess he can answer the question when he is eating his 1st meal of the day or after his shooting drills and cardio.

So what's your end game?

You're not playing college ball, you're not playing overseas and you're not in high school.

What is the goal of playing twice a day, M-F, working out everyday of the week and eating 6 meals a day (and prepping meals everyday instead of prepping days worth of meals in one day)?
    The goal is to keep doing it because it feels great and I enjoy doing it. Social life is on the weekends. It's not that hard once you start doing it. What I'm doing is no different than what a pHD student is doing in terms of having a social life, accept I'm socializing with the people on the court. . Anyways, bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    lol @ wasting so much time meal prepping and eating meals when you could be drinking soylent. I guarantee you my blood work is better than yours plus i'm not wasting time eating food like some dumb archaic hominid. more time to fap and post on IH, nomsayin.
    is that stuff even out for sale yet?

Banned

This dude doesn't get, does he? Once you reach 20,000 posts, your vertical increases 20 inches and you get to steal the talent of one NBA player on some Space Jam shit. Get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    The goal is to keep doing it because it feels great and I enjoy doing it. Social life is on the weekends. It's not that hard once you start doing it. What I'm doing is no different than what a pHD student is doing in terms of having a social life, accept I'm socializing with the people on the court. . Anyways, bed time.
    It's passed 10 PM op your 8 hour of sleep is being cut short.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

I feel ya man. Those small goals are the "good-feeling" part of life and contributes majorly to human growth. Setting your habits and routines straight open tons of opportunities in life especially when it comes to overcoming mental obstacles. Keep it up. If you haven't tried freezing cold showers/baths on a nightly basis, you haven't lived yet imo.

If these are the reasons, why worry about what others do or why they do it?

Some people enjoy watching basketball and discussing it with others in person and online. Some people like to have a social life that happens everyday of the week. Some like to workout and hoop M-F then enjoy themselves on the weekend.

If you want to know how so many people have so many posts, you just need to realize that not everyone is the same. More than a few of them have realized that nothing is gained by having a schedule such as yours (being a great rec league player is nothing to brag about) and some of them even have jobs that require more than 40 hours per week or families that require their attention.

Not to mention, you obviously have plenty of free time on the weekend, so there should be no reason you cannot use that time to amass your 10,000 posts.

If these are the reasons, why worry about what others do or why they do it?

Some people enjoy watching basketball and discussing it with others in person and online. Some people like to have a social life that happens everyday of the week. Some like to workout and hoop M-F then enjoy themselves on the weekend.

If you want to know how so many people have so many posts, you just need to realize that not everyone is the same. More than a few of them have realized that nothing is gained by having a schedule such as yours (being a great rec league player is nothing to brag about) and some of them even have jobs that require more than 40 hours per week or families that require their attention.

Not to mention, you obviously have plenty of free time on the weekend, so there should be no reason you cannot use that time to amass your 10,000 posts.
    I think you are missing the OP's point. Why would he spend what little time he has on the weekends posting on ISH. I commend what he is doing. At least he's living up to his name instead of living his life through other people's accomplishments like so many on this board. I wish I could still ball that much! Nothing is gained by having a schedule like that, but something is gained posting 10 times a day on a message board, most of which is propping up wanna be's?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    I think you are missing the OP's point. Why would he spend what little time he has on the weekends posting on ISH. I commend what he is doing. At least he's living up to his name instead of living his life through other people's accomplishments like so many on this board. I wish I could still ball that much! Nothing is gained by having a schedule like that, but something is gained posting 10 times a day on a message board, most of which is propping up wanna be's?
    I didn't miss his point.

And I never said there was anything to gain by posting 10 times a day on a message board. Even I wonder how some of the guys on here get up to such crazy numbers of posts (one of the guys around here has like 7k or 8k posts since joining in January I do believe).

The point I was trying to make to him was, why does it matter what they do compared to what he does?

I too wish I could still ball even half that much, but with work, school and a family to tend to, I do not have much time to get away to play (not to mention, it is difficult to find a game where I live).

I feel like with the way he lives his life, based on the schedule he posted and how he talked about it, how others spend theirs shouldn't be finding space in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    is that stuff even out for sale yet?
    I wasn't talking about that company that sells over-priced crap, soylent also refers to the do it yourself recipes. it's not hard to go to a supermarket and buy oatmeal flour, protein powder and coconut oil. if you're crafty there's ways of getting protein powder 99 cents a lb.

98% of posters on here arent real ballers like me and you

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    I wasn't talking about the company that sells crap, soylent also refers to the do it yourself recipes. it's not hard to go to a supermarket and buy oatmeal flour, protein powder and coconut oil.
    why not eat real food again? you can get good nutrition micro/macros just from basic food. half that shit taste like dirt.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Between lifting, doing cardio, prepping my meals, eating my meals, ensuring that I get 8 hours of sleep, practicing, and playing, I'm hard pressed to know how some of these members on ISH have the time to do all that. My schedule Mon-Friday looks like this:

6:00am - Wake up
    6:15am - Meal #1
    6:45am - at the Gym for morning shooting drills and cardio
    8:00am - get home, take a shower, meal #2
    9:00am - Start work
    10:00am - Meal #3
    noon - Afternoon bball open gym
    1:15pm - back at work, eat meal #4 at desk
    4:15pm - Meal #5
    6:15pm - Weight training starts
    7:45pm - get home, shower, eat meal #6, prep meals for tomorrow
    10:00pm - bed

So tell me, how the hell do I get 10,000+ posts and still be a baller in real life?
    I mean, who the hell is going to respect an opinion from someone about basketball if they aren't actually practicing what they preach?
    I respect your discipline and schedule.