Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where do you find the time?!?!

Between lifting, doing cardio, prepping my meals, eating my meals, ensuring that I get 8 hours of sleep, practicing, and playing, I'm hard pressed to know how some of these members on ISH have the time to do all that. My schedule Mon-Friday looks like this:

6:00am - Wake up
    6:15am - Meal #1
    6:45am - at the Gym for morning shooting drills and cardio
    8:00am - get home, take a shower, meal #2
    9:00am - Start work
    10:00am - Meal #3
    noon - Afternoon bball open gym
    1:15pm - back at work, eat meal #4 at desk
    4:15pm - Meal #5
    6:15pm - Weight training starts
    7:45pm - get home, shower, eat meal #6, prep meals for tomorrow
    10:00pm - bed

So tell me, how the hell do I get 10,000+ posts and still be a baller in real life?
    I mean, who the hell is going to respect an opinion from someone about basketball if they aren't actually practicing what they preach?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Where do you find the time?!?!

Pretty sure you don't have to play basketball everyday to understand the game..

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    Pretty sure you don't have to play basketball everyday to understand the game..
    When I see 10,000 + posts I just ask myself "wow....how much better of a basketball player could that person be if they spent that time actually playing instead of talking about others that play"

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

I try to hoop at least 3 days a week and lift on the other days. Working 5 days a week and hooping everyday takes big toll on your body

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    When I see 10,000 + posts I just ask myself "wow....how much better of a basketball player could that person be if they spent that time actually playing instead of talking about others that play"

Well depends how long you have been posting, but there are really some guys who probably have nothing better to do than discussing MJ's dick size and if Lebron > Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    I try to hoop at least 3 days a week and lift on the other days. Working 5 days a week and hooping everyday takes big toll on your body
    Yep, gotta do proper stretching and supplements and not over do it if something doesn't feel right. No reason for me not to be in a gym 6/7 days. There's guys that can't walk that would die for a chance to do so. I'm not going to throw away the opportunity by posting on ISH all damn day.

Yep, gotta do proper stretching and supplements and not over do it if something doesn't feel right. No reason for me not to be in a gym 6/7 days. There's guys that can't walk that would die for a chance to do so. I'm not going to throw away the opportunity by posting on ISH all damn day.
    I'm very happy for you

NBA rookie of the year

So you're in high school or you're working?

If you're working and out of high school why are you up at 6:45 shooting hoops?

Unless you're on a college team (and it doesn't sound like you're in school) playing in the evenings after work is good enough dude.

If you're lifting for mass, make some of your meals protein shakes + some kind of carb source.

Arnold Schwarzenneger said even in his younger days he couldn't always find time to eat 6 times a day, but he'd eat 3x a day and then sub in a few protein shakes. Easy.

Also an 1 1/2 hours lifting weights 5x+ a week is excessive, especially if you're playing basketball daily on top of that (that should cover your cardio and then some).

Shorten your workouts, but lift heavier for 50-60 minutes, that's all the body needs, more than that and you're likely just dicking around wasting time in the gym.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-21-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    So you're in high school or you're working?

If you're working and out of high school why are you up at 6:45 shooting hoops?

Unless you're on a college team (and it doesn't sound like you're in school) playing in the evenings after work is good enough dude.
    I work full time and am out of school. Playing in the evenings isn't good enough. I'm working on other things in the am that I typically don't do at lunch or after work.

You know how it is when you play like 4-5 times a week and then let's say the next week you only play 1 day? You immediately know the difference in your level of conditioning. At least I do. And yes, 2 of my meals are protein shakes.

NBA rookie of the year

I work full time and am out of school. Playing in the evenings isn't good enough. I'm working on other things in the am that I typically don't do at lunch or after work.

You know how it is when you play like 4-5 times a week and then let's say the next week you only play 1 day? You immediately know the difference in your level of conditioning. At least I do. And yes, 2 of my meals are protein shakes.
    Are you planning to play for a college team or something though? Playing daily for 60-90 minutes is more than enough to keep your conditioning up if you're just a guy who wants to play pick-up ball.

I'd still recommend shorter lifting sessions. Unless you are training to be a pro/amateur bodybuilder, being in the gym for over an hour (especially since you probably don't need the cardio) is unneccessary.

Your schedule shows you live at home and pay no bills.

Must be nice.

Local High School Star

If it doesn't bother you training with full stomach you can cut those 6 meals to 2-3 bigger meals. It won't make any difference. Except, of course if it bothers you training full or if you're struggling to eat a lot of food in just 2-3 meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Your schedule shows you live at home and pay no bills.

Must be nice.
    Is that the excuse you use for not being motivated? I own my own home, work 40 hours a week, and still find the time to do what I'm doing. Not my fault I'm able to accomplish more with less time compared to those who do live at home with no other responsibility. I've been doing what I've been doing for the last 2 years and feel great. It's called time management. Maybe that's why my post count is so low?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Are you planning to play for a college team or something though? Playing daily for 60-90 minutes is more than enough to keep your conditioning up if you're just a guy who wants to play pick-up ball.

I'd still recommend shorter lifting sessions. Unless you are training to be a pro/amateur bodybuilder, being in the gym for over an hour (especially since you probably don't need the cardio) is unneccessary.
    I don't lift the full hour. I just thankful that I can play and haven't been injured recently so why not put 100% into it while I can? What am I missing? A TV show on FX or HBO?
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 07-21-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Is that the excuse you use for not being motivated? I own my own home, work 40 hours a week, and still find the time to do what I'm doing. Not my fault I'm able to accomplish more with less time compared to those who do live at home with no other responsibility. I've been doing what I've been doing for the last 2 years and feel great. It's called time management. Maybe that's why my post count is so low?
    allegedly

not trying to knock you but that lifestyle seems boring as **** if all you do 7 days a week if work 9-5 and workout.