Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    If you want Wiggins and Waiters you can go ahead and keep Love.

A great Trade for Cavs would be Waiters and Thompson or Bennet and great trade for Twolves would be Wiggins and one of them. Either way both are fine for Love and makes Cavs more of a contender immediately.

Default Re: Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

wiggins reps just said wiggins will play overseas if he gets traded. it's all over twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Kevin Love is what Pau Gasol was in Memphis before he got to the Lakers

Cavs do this trade.

and if ur worried about lebron leaving after a year or whatever, then thats the risk. Do you keep wiggins in hoping he turns into GOAT talent or nab Love when you have the chance and an opportunity to bring your city a championship
    Except way more talented.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Wiggins + Waiters is too much.

So is Wiggins + Bennett

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Good to know. Thanks, Coach K, for your valued input.

Is there anyone else ESPN would like to bring in to try to pressure a professional franchise to do a deal in order to make a team more marketable for them? What a joke.

I've never seen anything quite like this.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Except way more talented.
    Kevin Love is a better scorer, Pau is a better basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    Kevin Love is a better scorer, Pau is a better basketball player.
    No he isn't. Insert Pau on the Wolves and he couldn't even come close to Love numbers no matter how hard he tried. Love is definitely a better player than Pau ever was.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

When Wiggins can destroy Tyson Chandler and Kendrick Perkins in the deep post, burn Kyrie Irving, Manu or Ibaka off the dribble to bomb the 3, knows how to set picks so severe that guys completely disappear out of a play.... and survive Cousins, Aldridge, Griffin, Bosh, Ibaka night in and night out, then I will start to be impressed.

Anthony Davis hit a 20 10 last season and he gets raves, while Love did 26 and 12 and gets beat up while winning considerably more games. An NBA rebounding champ and known threat from anywhere on the court... for an untried rookie? Y'all ain't thinking clear on here.

OP is talking about a once in a lifetime player which is somewhat true. When was the last 30 30 game - like 1983? Those 30-15s & 40-12s he does on the regular are pretty amazing really. Nobody else is doing it, at all. Who else can dominate like that down low since... forever? But yet can bomb from anywhere too? Griffin can't shoot like that. And those numbers are even crazier when you figure Pekovic was getting his.

I'm gonna be watching this rookie no matter where he goes because there's a whole lot of... something goin on with all the rave reviews I keep seeing on here. His film looks nice and all but geez

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Is there anyone else ESPN would like to bring in to try to pressure a professional franchise to do a deal in order to make a team more marketable for them? What a joke.

I would take this with a grain of salt. It could be a diss because of him being selected over Parker. Also K being a college coach he is going by only talent atm, not considering the salary cap, long term development and contention. Irving and Lebron have the jersey sales market cornered for the team and the games will most likely be sold-out. The only reason to bring love is for the on court reasons. I wouldn't trade Wiggins or any core of three. If you get Love and he doesn't fit in you are stuck. If Bennett or Wiggins stinks they are still valuable trade assets.

Wiggins may well be a superstar but he could also be a bust. LeBron is already 30 and is on a 2 year deal. Unless Wiggins is the 2nd coming of Jordan he will struggle in his first 2 years. So trading Wiggins for Love makes sense right now.

I don't get it why some people think that Wiggins is some transcendental, can't-miss talent that you won't trade for a 25-14 player no matter what.

Even if Wiggins turns out to be a superstar they won't regret such a trade. You take risks and it's a gamble they should be willing to take (in order to win rings).

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

So it cant just be that someone who has lived the game for 45 years would get asked about the biggest story in basketball while coaching the centerpiece of that story for the summer?

It has to be a Machiavellian plot?

Coach K talks about a lot. i was reading his thoughts on Derrick rose a couple days ago. Hes coaching team USA. He will be asked about his players. I doubt its any more than that.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    I'm all for Wiggins-Lavine. The new McGrady and Carter.
    The 99 cent store version maybe.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The only reason to bring love is for the on court reasons.
    And when I say that the anti trade posters are mostly ignoring basketball people think im making it up.

Kevin Love is great but is in no way a once in a life time player. Hes never even played a playoff game and hes been around 5 or 6 years now. Come on now. If this were prime KG or prime Dirk or something yes make the trade. Minnesota is being stubborn here and they are gonna lose Love for nothing.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    Wiggins may well be a superstar but he could also be a bust. LeBron is already 30 and is on a 2 year deal. Unless Wiggins is the 2nd coming of Jordan he will struggle in his first 2 years. So trading Wiggins for Love makes sense right now.

I don't get it why some people think that Wiggins is some transcendental, can't-miss talent that you won't trade for a 25-14 player no matter what.

Even if Wiggins turns out to be a superstar they won't regret such a trade. You take risks and it's a gamble they should be willing to take (in order to win rings).
    It's so much more complicated than "Player A vs. Player B." That's just the most simplistic take that isn't taking into account the circumstances and the future.

The truth is, the Cavs can offer the best package of any team vying for Love's talents without including Wiggins. If the TWolves don't want to take it because they're demanding the No. 1 pick in one of the most stacked drafts in recent history, a ransom which hasn't even been approached in recent similar trades, then they can watch him walk away this time next year or accept Harrison Barnes and David Lee out of spite.

Take a look at what OKC received for Harden, Denver for Melo, Orlando for Dwight and New Orleans for CP3. Those are the precedents that have been set for max players who've made it clear they want to leave their respective teams with one year left on their contracts.

None have yielded close to the first overall pick, let alone back-to-back first overall picks, plus another first-rounder, as has been reported elsewhere. That's just complete lunacy.

If Waiters, Bennett or Thompson and three first-rounders isn't enough, I'd say good luck finding something better elsewhere.

No Wiggins. No way. The Cavs have the chance to do something truly unique with the best player in the world grooming an incredible talent who also happens to play the same position, though their games are not much alike. When LeBron is 35, Wiggins will be 25. As a Cavs fan, I can't tell you how excited that makes me for the future... and the present.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-21-2014 at 09:24 PM.