Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Do you think he is respected by the players?
    Yes

The ISH'ers Champion!

I never had much respect for Ray Allen but I grew some after seen him battle it out with Kobe in the 2010 Finals and his heart in GM 2. Needless to say I was quickly reminded why he deserves no respect when he joined the Heat.

It's what it's. Heat fans will defend him to death these days - but we all know why.

Even before he left and Rondo's ACL tore, Boston's window was closing due to age.

I think the rumored chemistry issues with Rondo was what may have provoked him choosing to go to rival Miami to spite the Celtics along with the prospects of winning another or multiple rings in the twilight of his career. I still respect him though. He can play, has made clutch shots, and has shown a winning attitude this year with his new team.

clear lock for the HoF but it's more interesting to me to speculate on what city's arena will have his jersey hanging.
    Last edited by BasedTom; 04-16-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Do you think he is respected by the players?
    He's got the record for most career threes. How could they not respect him?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    They can respect his record, but that doesn't mean they respect him as a person after what he's done. That's what I was asking; he can still play of course, I'm not arguing that.

He obviously didnt want to play for Boston any more since he turned down more money from them. And he wanted to play for a contender. Other than Miami, what other contender was showing him interest? I know the Clippers were until they signed Jamal Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    lock for the HoF but it's more interesting to speculate on what city's arena will have his jersey hanging.
    Potentially no one. He has no ties to Oklahoma and the Celtics can't be happy with him right now. His only chance is Milwaukee.

The ISH'ers Champion!

There are different types of respect. Surely people respect his game - he's one of the best 3-point shooters ever. There is more to Ray Allen than his game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Ive lost a lot for him.. Cavs-Heat and Boston-Heat, basically bron vs older Cs, was one of the best rivalries in the playoffs year in and year out.

And Raty hopped onto the other side just as HIS side was declining. Thats almost Lebron level bandwagoning right there.

They can respect his record, but that doesn't mean they respect him as a person after what he's done. That's what I was asking; he can still play of course, I'm not arguing that.
    What has he done? Joined a winner? Lots of players do that. Do players disrespect Gary Payton?

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    the dude is just a spot up shooter. He's too mentally weak to take charge. He's a follower, not a leader.
    No wonder that that guy ripthekik is your hero.

He couldn't see himself starting behind Avery Bradley but he wouldn't mind being behind D-Wade.

Also how bad was that beef with Rondo? I remember they did the post game together(like Lebron and D-Wade) after I think Game 2 of the ECF...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

What has he done? Joined a winner? Lots of players do that. Do players disrespect Gary Payton?
    Gary Payton didnt join his closest rivals.. He went to what LA? Miami? Seattle wasnt in a big rivalry with them at those times at all.

Heat Celtics and in general Bron-Celtics was one of the biggest rivalries in basketball. And ray jumped just as his ship was sinking to the other side. You have to use context.

I wonder when Noah's contract is up. I'm sure he wouldn't mind joining the Heat for less money and become their starting C.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    There are different types of respect. Surely people respect his game - he's one of the best 3-point shooters ever. There is more to Ray Allen than his game.
    Who cares if they respect him as a person? All that matters is that they respect the mark he left on the game.

I don't know about you but when I go to work, the thing I care about most is that people know I can do my job and do it well. There's someone else at my job that has the best personality but is relatively incompetent at her job. Bottom line is do you take care of business or not. All of that other crap is for the birds.

Ray Allen's mark on this game is indelible. Doesn't matter who "respects" him or not.