Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Default Re: Memphis Grizzlies....

Grizzlies in 3

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You seem confident for a fan of the team that lost season series 2-1. You got blown out twice and allowed a 17 point comeback in the 4th the last game at home. You will bow down bitch.
    lol, i never thought it was possible, but sitting on this site is your life. But of course I'm confident, they've beaten the best. They lose one lousy game to a reenergized hornets with gordon back. Im not too mad, you seem rather insecure though about your team of floppers

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    keep on. you're going to be this years Sinjackal
    Hopefully Memphis can fulfill its end like they did last year

Didn't the Grizzlies BARELY make it to the playoffs last season? I mean, didn't that shit practically go down to the wire, with them JUST making the playoffs? And then the take the Thunder to 7 games after handily knocking out the 1 seed.

People underestimate the fvck out of this team.

Certified ISHiot.

all of their recent wins after OKC have been "bad" or "scrub" teams that were shorthanded.
    ...and this just isn't true. They've beaten the Heat, Clippers, and Mavericks since beating OKC.

I wouldn't call the Suns or Jazz "scrub" teams either, although they will be in the lottery.

If the Clippers beat the Thunder tomorrow I think I'll have to avoid this site for a bit.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Didn't the Grizzlies BARELY make it to the playoffs last season? I mean, didn't that shit practically go down to the wire, with them JUST making the playoffs? And then the take the Thunder to 7 games after handily knocking out the 1 seed.

I know Grizzlies are like your second team but you have to see my POV. Clippers are a newly formed team and have 2 games on the Grizzlies despite ZERO time to gel and not a single training camp. Yet are constantly called pretenders, overrated etc. Grizzlies have been together as a core for 4 seasons and are being hailed as a legit contender because of one good playoff run to second round.

It's lame.

Certified ISHiot.

Grizzlies have been together as a core for 4 seasons
    This should be considered their third season with this core, as Zach Randolph arrived in '09/10.

I know Grizzlies are like your second team but you have to see my POV. Clippers are a newly formed team and have 2 games on the Grizzlies despite ZERO time to gel and not a single training camp. Yet are constantly called pretenders, overrated etc. Grizzlies have been together as a core for 4 seasons and are being hailed as a legit contender because of one good playoff run to second round.

It's lame.
    They had a great playoff run and deserve respect.

You know who else is going to have a great playoff run and deserve respect? Your favorite team. Seriously, just enjoy your team's success and stop letting the tards here get to you.

I just don't get how the Grizz are head and shoulders above the Clips, its more of a toss-up than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    More like overestimate. Constantly mentioned as the only team sans OKC that can come out of the West and thats underestimating? Someone not to long ago compared them to the Hawks from a few years ago, and I think thats about right.

Just got held to 75 points and blown out by the EXTREMELY shorthanded New Orleans Hornets. Marc Gasol may be injured and everybody is hyping this team up as a contender and darkhorse but all of their recent wins after OKC have been "bad" or "scrub" teams that were shorthanded. Why should anybody be scared of this team? Clippers in 6 in the first round.
    Errr, this Hornets team has still been playing well AND they had Eric Gordon.

Didn't the Clippers recently lose to this team a few weeks ago without Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    This should be considered their third season with this core, as Zach Randolph arrived in '09/10.
    3= 3 training camps+summers. So okay 3. Still different than Clippers 1 season with no training camp. CP3 trade happened like 1 week before season started or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Errr, this Hornets team has still been playing well AND they had Eric Gordon.

Didn't the Clippers recently lose to this team a few weeks ago without Gordon?
    Different situation. I'm not even saying losing to Hornets is what the issue is... because I've said Hornets are very underrated and talented. It's more the fact that people keep talking about how much a contender this team is.. and how much of a dark horse... yet they don't scare me at all.

I just mentioned this loss because it was downright sad considering the Grizzlies have recently been playing well. The loss for the Clippers came in a month where they were losing to every bad team and clearly struggling. When a team doesn't have chemistry, time to gel or a good coach and they are in their first season together it's obviously a different expectation and that WILL happen. Grizzlies have no excuse. Great coach, great roster, 3 years+ as a core, easy schedule.

Clippers string of losses were in a month in which they played 20 games in 30 days... the most for ANY NBA team since 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I just don't get how the Grizz are head and shoulders above the Clips, its more of a toss-up than anything.
    They're not, but they're a great team with a fantastic playoff run under the belts.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    More like overestimate. Constantly mentioned as the only team sans OKC that can come out of the West and thats underestimating? Someone not to long ago compared them to the Hawks from a few years ago, and I think thats about right.
    I've seen people mention OKC, Spurs, and even the Lakers (which seems like a longshot), as likely teams to get out of the west. I'm pulling for the Lakers and Grizzlies, but there's no reason to count out the Clippers. Anything can happen.

Different situation. I'm not even saying losing to Hornets is what the issue is... because I've said Hornets are very underrated and talented. It's more the fact that people keep talking about how much a contender this team is.. and how much of a dark horse... yet they don't scare me at all.

I just mentioned this loss because it was downright sad considering the Grizzlies have recently been playing well. The loss for the Clippers came in a month where they were losing to every bad team and clearly struggling. When a team doesn't have chemistry, time to gel or a good coach and they are in their first season together it's obviously a different expectation and that WILL happen. Grizzlies have no excuse. Great coach, great roster, 3 years+ as a core, easy schedule.

Clippers string of losses were in a month in which they played 20 games in 30 days... the most for ANY NBA team since 1968.
    Sometimes great teams lose against bad teams. This happens all the time and is unremarkable.