Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigBalla44's Avatar

Default Michael Jordan 1997 Playoff Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Jjl9_ZDY4

Awesome video. It's like watching a senior citizen version of Kobe Bryant. Very cool story bro.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Michael Jordan 1997 Playoff Run

Quote Originally Posted by BigBalla44

Awesome video. It's like watching a senior citizen version of Kobe Bryant. Very cool story bro.

The only senior citizen playing out of his mind at this point is Jason kidd.. He shut down both kobe and lebron at 38 yrs young..
    THAT SHIT IS EPIC..

Facts Are Misleading

His mastery of his post-game and face up game is beautiful to watch.

Jesus...so f*cking good.

It's exactly how Kobe tries to play today(if Kobe had more of a quick-strike mentality) with Wade-like slashing mixed in. He is like the damn Energizer bunny.

It's funny to see him battle the defenders with his off hand.

MJ and Dr. J are the only wing players I've ever seen that could palm the ball mid-dribble and dunk it without using the other hand to secure the grip.

I feel like it's the other way around. Watching current Kobe Bryant is like watching a senior citizen version of 96-98 MJ.

After watching Kobe's 2010 playoff run it's pretty funny to see how similar but different their games are. Contrary to popular belief, they really aren't used in the same roles in the triangle from what I see.

nice video.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    After watching Kobe's 2010 playoff run it's pretty funny to see how similar but different their games are. Contrary to popular belief, they really aren't used in the same roles in the triangle from what I see.
    Agreed. Similar, but very different.

Jordan attacks.

Kobe bombs people from deep.

Both are

The thing I love about MJ's game here, he understood how to give and go, pass and cut, as another means to attack a defense.

Look at him DOGGING the hell out of Calbert Cheney and Rod Strikland. Two pretty good guards, I might add.

Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    MJ and Dr. J are the only wing players I've ever seen that could palm the ball mid-dribble and dunk it without using the other hand to secure the grip.
    Actually Carter is (well, mostly was) doing this too.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Jesus...so f*cking good.

It's exactly how Kobe tries to play today(if Kobe had more of a quick-strike mentality) with Wade-like slashing mixed in. He is like the damn Energizer bunny.

It's funny to see him battle the defenders with his off hand.

penny hardaway did it a lot too, big big hands here !

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Actually Carter is (well, mostly was) doing this too.
    yup. Things like that make me kind of sad that Vince didn't really maximize what he had.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

watching this...just wow!

What you see on thi video is the greatest basketball player ever. And why I feel jordan was at his best during the second threepeat. Its clear that he was still the best athlete on the floor. So the non-sense that this version of jordan wasn't as good as any other version is nothing short of comical. He blew past defenders and got to the rim before the help was able to arrive. And in most cases, the help was mourning, mutombo, or 7'7 muresan. Look at how often he put his defender in the popcorn machine. He still was able to dunk on centers. I also feel he was a better ball-handler too. Not in a way of being spectacular, but as a form of function. And what this video doesn't show is how he was able to use and play off of the rest of the team. I just think he was the total package. I remember da-realist posting something in which jordan said he lost a few pounds in 97 in order to get back some of his quickness that he lost from lifting weights in baseball.

I think if you were to grade the different facets of basketball, jordan was oveerall at his peak at this time. I see his attributes like this

On a 1-10 scale with 10 being best

Atheleticism 9
    Jumpshot 10
    Awareness 10
    Maturity 10
    Skill 10
    Jumpshot 10
    Defense 8
    Clutch 10

And I see 1st 3peat jordan as

Athleticism 10
    Jumpshot 8
    Awareness 9
    Maturity 7
    Skill 9
    Jumpshot 8
    Defense 10
    Clutch 10

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    What you see on thi video is the greatest basketball player ever. And why I feel jordan was at his best during the second threepeat. Its clear that he was still the best athlete on the floor. So the non-sense that this version of jordan wasn't as good as any other version is nothing short of comical. He blew past defenders and got to the rim before the help was able to arrive. And in most cases, the help was mourning, mutombo, or 7'7 muresan. Look at how often he put his defender in the popcorn machine. He still was able to dunk on centers. I also feel he was a better ball-handler too. Not in a way of being spectacular, but as a form of function. And what this video doesn't show is how he was able to use and play off of the rest of the team. I just think he was the total package. I remember da-realist posting something in which jordan said he lost a few pounds in 97 in order to get back some of his quickness that he lost from lifting weights in baseball.

I think if you were to grade the different facets of basketball, jordan was oveerall at his peak at this time. I see his attributes like this

On a 1-10 scale with 10 being best

Atheleticism 9
    Jumpshot 10
    Awareness 10
    Maturity 10
    Skill 10
    Jumpshot 10
    Defense 8
    Clutch 10

And I see 1st 3peat jordan as

Athleticism 10
    Jumpshot 8