Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Greg Monroe signs QO

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Let's be real about this. The only reason the Cavaliers are worth what they are right now is because LeBron James wanted to come back home with this family. He felt it was the best situation for him long-term in his life and his family. If that wasn't the factor, he wouldn't be here. There's nothing magical the front office did to lure James or any of the other players that signed or moved to the Cavaliers after this. The only thing the front office did the last 2 years to make this happen was gathering draft picks and making sure the cap space was there for the possibility if it would so happen to fall in their lap, and it did. And Dan Gilbert manned up and went to LeBron and apologize to him.

The only reason we have Kevin Love is because of LeBron James. The only reason we got Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and James Jones is because of LeBron James. The only reason we might get Ray Allen is because of LeBron James. The only reason LeBron James is here is because he wanted to come back home, not because of something magical the front office did to ever lure him here.

I'm not going to say the Cavaliers front office is the worse in the league, but up until about 3 months ago they were. We were on our 3rd head coach in three seasons. We were on our second GM in 3 seasons and the future wasn't looking super-bright until that 1st pick fell in our lap for 2014 yet again.
    And that's all folks

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Let's be real about this. The only reason the Cavaliers are worth what they are right now is because LeBron James wanted to come back home with this family. He felt it was the best situation for him long-term in his life and his family. If that wasn't the factor, he wouldn't be here. There's nothing magical the front office did to lure James or any of the other players that signed or moved to the Cavaliers after this. The only thing the front office did the last 2 years to make this happen was gathering draft picks and making sure the cap space was there for the possibility if it would so happen to fall in their lap, and it did. And Dan Gilbert manned up and went to LeBron and apologize to him.

The only reason we have Kevin Love is because of LeBron James. The only reason we got Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and James Jones is because of LeBron James. The only reason we might get Ray Allen is because of LeBron James. The only reason LeBron James is here is because he wanted to come back home, not because of something magical the front office did to ever lure him here.

I'm not going to say the Cavaliers front office is the worse in the league, but up until about 3 months ago they were. We were on our 3rd head coach in three seasons. We were on our second GM in 3 seasons and the future wasn't looking super-bright until that 1st pick fell in our lap for 2014 yet again.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

how the **** did this end up about the stupid cavs? WTF people.

Also, stan should bury him on the bench and let him see what the market realizes next off season. If he isnt part of the long term plan, why try and shoehorn him into the offense? Particularly since hes a very poor defender and ball dominant on offense. He can be our backup center behind drummond.

also, people seem to forget he is a below average athlete. His defensive growth is pretty limited by this IMO. If he is your center, you need serge ibaka (outside shooter who is a great rim protector) next to him at the 4. How many of those are there?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    how the **** did this end up about the stupid cavs?
    Because of DukeDelonte's post here...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    what really irritates me about guys like Bill Simmons is that he routinely said Cleveland was the worst run organization in the NBA.

He says that while you have Detroit going through just as many coaches including a f*cking MUTINY, trading away lottery picks, making terrible FA signings, and now losing a cornerstone piece in Monroe.

I like the Pistons. I loved that team and the battles they had with the cavs. But IMO they have been nothing but a raging dumpster fire ever since they traded Chauncey for AI.

how the **** did this end up about the stupid cavs? WTF people.

Also, stan should bury him on the bench and let him see what the market realizes next off season. If he isnt part of the long term plan, why try and shoehorn him into the offense? Particularly since hes a very poor defender and ball dominant on offense. He can be our backup center behind drummond.
    This. Let's see what he can do as the Sixth man. This situation is just bad all around now and I hope we can move him for another piece. I don't even care for equal value. Someone that fits the mold of Tayshaun Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    This. Let's see what he can do as the Sixth man. This situation is just bad all around now and I hope we can move him for another piece. I don't even care for equal value. Someone that fits the mold of Tayshaun Prince.
    the problem is that he has to approve any trade. and at the MLE (effectively), hes not much of a trade piece. Unless you could move him and jennings? +bynum (or some additional $) for rondo and a pick, hes not gonna bring much back.

The problem with rondo on the team is that he sets up shooters and we have j smoove just waiting to jack it

while its not the decision I wanted, I am kind of glad the pressure to start all 3 of them is done. We need to role out a lineup something like.....

jennings (I wish not, but hes starting)
    meeks
    butler
    smith
    drummond

with augustine, kcp, singler?, monroe as the main bench
    Last edited by boozehound; 09-06-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Spurs really should pursue him.

the problem is that he has to approve any trade. and at the MLE (effectively), hes not much of a trade piece. Unless you could move him and jennings? +bynum (or some additional $) for rondo and a pick, hes not gonna bring much back.

The problem with rondo on the team is that he sets up shooters and we have j smoove just waiting to jack it

while its not the decision I wanted, I am kind of glad the pressure to start all 3 of them is done. We need to role out a lineup something like.....

jennings (I wish not, but hes starting)
    meeks
    butler
    smith
    drummond

with augustine, kcp, singler?, monroe as the main bench
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. But if Monroe agrees to move himself to a team and they discuss a long-term contract with each other, (something along the lines of what Love did in Cleveland) it'll be mutually beneficial for both sides involved. I don't know how Monroe is going to react when he gets the ball this year knowing a) he likely won't be here next year and 2) he is auditioning for his next job.

The only solution for that is we move him and he agrees. Both sides (Team and player) want different things at this point.

I'm not so sure any team is going to take Jennings with Monroe. His contract is pretty hefty for how big of a bonehead player he is. We got to remember that no teams were offering anything for Jennings when he became a RFA and when we threw out a "lower" number, the Bucks said "**** it, take him."

I am very happy that J Smoove is moving to PF again. I'd like to see KCP move into the SF starting spot. Undersized, but kid has a motor and was showing up during summer league. Plus that athleticism to join Drummond and J SMoove running down the court, that's what wet dreams are made of.

making sure the cap space was there for the possibility if it would so happen to fall in their lap, and it did.
    When did this happen? The Cavs were a lottery team, of course they had capspace and draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    When did this happen? The Cavs were a lottery team, of course they had capspace and draft picks.
    It happened two years ago when they decided not to chase free agents when they had the cap space. They signed mediorce talent like your Jack's and Cassipi's, etc to tread water. The way they structured contracts and Jack's contract made this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    what really irritates me about guys like Bill Simmons is that he routinely said Cleveland was the worst run organization in the NBA.

He says that while you have Detroit going through just as many coaches including a f*cking MUTINY, trading away lottery picks, making terrible FA signings, and now losing a cornerstone piece in Monroe.

I like the Pistons. I loved that team and the battles they had with the cavs. But IMO they have been nothing but a raging dumpster fire ever since they traded Chauncey for AI.
    Nobody says the Pistons are good. They actually have a championship in recent memory though so that puts them over the Cavs.

Decent college freshman

Worst possible outcome for my Pistons.

He plays 1 lame duck year where he fights for time with Josh Smith (who they couldn't get rid of), and then walks for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    Worst possible outcome for my Pistons.

He plays 1 lame duck year where he fights for time with Josh Smith (who they couldn't get rid of), and then walks for nothing.

right. If thats the case, you dont let him fight for minutes. You make him the backup Center (and maybe pf unless stan likes JJ) and limit him. Why bother trying to accommodate him when hes clearly leaving after the season. Shit, I would have no problem with stan having him ride the pine full time with no minutes (except we have no other guys who can play the 5). oh well, it is what it is. Thanks Joe D!