Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Greg Monroe signs QO

Eric Pincus: Greg Monroe actually signed his qualifying offer on Wednesday for $5,479,935 - just making the rounds now h/t @Adrian Wojnarowski Twitter @EricPincus

Looks like he'll be up for grabs next season.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Default Re: Greg Monroe signs QO

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Eric Pincus: Greg Monroe actually signed his qualifying offer on Wednesday for $5,479,935 - just making the rounds now h/t @Adrian Wojnarowski Twitter @EricPincus

Looks like he'll be up for grabs next season.
    Awesome.

Didn't watch him much last season.

How is he on the defensive end?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I would take him on the Kings, but him and Cousins on the front line defensively isn't ideal.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    Awesome.

Didn't watch him much last season.

How is he on the defensive end?
    He's a defensive 'project', as is every big who can't play man-to-man defense. Not an anchor, but an ideal fit on a team with an established rim protector that doesn't command many possessions on offense.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

what really irritates me about guys like Bill Simmons is that he routinely said Cleveland was the worst run organization in the NBA.

He says that while you have Detroit going through just as many coaches including a f*cking MUTINY, trading away lottery picks, making terrible FA signings, and now losing a cornerstone piece in Monroe.

I like the Pistons. I loved that team and the battles they had with the cavs. But IMO they have been nothing but a raging dumpster fire ever since they traded Chauncey for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    what really irritates me about guys like Bill Simmons is that he routinely said Cleveland was the worst run organization in the NBA.

He says that while you have Detroit going through just as many coaches including a f*cking MUTINY, trading away lottery picks, making terrible FA signings, and now losing a cornerstone piece in Monroe.

I like the Pistons. I loved that team and the battles they had with the cavs. But IMO they have been nothing but a raging dumpster fire ever since they traded Chauncey for AI.
    The only reason Cleveland is worth two shits right now is because the King signed there. Don't get it twisted boy.

not hatin but cavs are the worst run org in the league IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    The only reason Cleveland is worth two shits right now is because the King signed there. Don't get it twisted boy.
    ayy lmao

Which team would benefit more from him and viceversa? I'm trying to think the perfect place for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Which team would benefit more from him and viceversa? I'm trying to think the perfect place for him.
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    not hatin but cavs are the worst run org in the league IMO

yeah the worst run org in the league just got Lebron in free agency and traded for Kevin Love.

Terrible, I know

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    if Cleveland is worth two shits what does that make the magic worth?

A quarter of a shit?

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

yeah the worst run org in the league just got Lebron in free agency and traded for Kevin Love.

Terrible, I know
    The Cavs front office cannot take creds for Lebron being a great GM.

Stop reaching boy

Terrible, I know
    Let's be real about this. The only reason the Cavaliers are worth what they are right now is because LeBron James wanted to come back home with this family. He felt it was the best situation for him long-term in his life and his family. If that wasn't the factor, he wouldn't be here. There's nothing magical the front office did to lure James or any of the other players that signed or moved to the Cavaliers after this. The only thing the front office did the last 2 years to make this happen was gathering draft picks and making sure the cap space was there for the possibility if it would so happen to fall in their lap, and it did. And Dan Gilbert manned up and went to LeBron and apologize to him.

The only reason we have Kevin Love is because of LeBron James. The only reason we got Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and James Jones is because of LeBron James. The only reason we might get Ray Allen is because of LeBron James. The only reason LeBron James is here is because he wanted to come back home, not because of something magical the front office did to ever lure him here.

I'm not going to say the Cavaliers front office is the worse in the league, but up until about 3 months ago they were. We were on our 3rd head coach in three seasons. We were on our second GM in 3 seasons and the future wasn't looking super-bright until that 1st pick fell in our lap for 2014 yet again.