College superstar

Default Scottie Pippen's Top 10 Dunks 1994-95 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrVSSH1xWQ

eyyy @ the facial on Zo ~1:19 ... seriously one of the more underrated in-game dunkers in history.

the 94-95 season tends to get overlooked when it pertains to pippen's individual excellence. the guy was a ONE MAN army. he couldnt "magically" make the bulls healthy, and if they were as such in 95, even without grant, i could have seen this team precede its 94 version, and maybe even make the finals (imo, the knicks took a step back in '94 despite the finals appearance).

how dude managed to get this bulls team to .500 is beyond me.

College superstar

Default Re: Scottie Pippen's Top 10 Dunks 1994-95 season

credit to hitman2k, the ISH poster, for making this video btw

NBA Superstar

Good stuff. I enjoyed it. Was that flush on Todd Day (against Milwaukee) in an end-of-game scenario or just winding down a quarter or something?

I think Pippen tends to be a little underrated as a dunker. He utilized the palming statue of liberty slam pretty well, which makes some of the dunks a little easier than for most, but they're still pretty thrilling.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Not new or anything to me, but a great video never the less. It's ridiculous how underrated Scottie is as a dunker...he's one of the best in game dunkers ever, period.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Good stuff. I enjoyed it. Was that flush on Todd Day (against Milwaukee) in an end-of-game scenario or just winding down a quarter or something?

I think Pippen tends to be a little underrated as a dunker. He utilized the palming statue of liberty slam pretty well, which makes some of the dunks a little easier than for most, but they're still pretty thrilling.
    Aesthetics is easily the most overrated and idiotic thought basis when it comes to an in game dunk. Whether it's pretty or not means nothing...it's getting the dunk in the basket and over/around defender which matters. Scottie was easily one of the best at that...you know getting the ****ing dunk in the actual rim...being pretty doesn't get you more than 2 points. His dunks looked nice too which didn't hurt.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-07-2014 at 11:53 PM.

College superstar

Didn't Pippen lead the Bulls in basically every major stat that season (pts, rbs, asts, stls, blks)?
    Also, he seemed to have enjoyed dunking on Zo that year. There were three dunks on him alone in this video.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Aesthetics is easily the most overrated and idiotic thought basis when it comes to an in game dunk. Whether it's pretty or not means nothing...it's getting the dunk in the basket and over/around defender which matters. Scottie was easily one of the best at that...you know getting the ****ing dunk in the actual rim...being pretty doesn't get you more than 2 points. His dunks looked nice too which didn't hurt.
    I do not think anyone would argue that. When discussing effectiveness on the court, getting the job done is all that matters, whether it's via a Michael Jordan reverse layup, a Zach Randolph plod-to-bank, or an Otis Thorpe palm drop.

That said, I am interested in the art of the dunk, so how the job is done catches my attention. I would not use a player's lame dunk style as a means to criticize their playing ability. But exciting and different styles adds to my interest of the game. If it were all standard layups, drives, and routine dunks, the game wouldn't be nearly as fascinating and enjoyable to me. As such, when watching dunking highlights, I assume and understand making the dunks is priority number one. But I also like to see who can make them with unique style, power, and grace.

Easily better than Bran.

Poor Zo....

Complete Player

This is one that missed the cut. Left hand dunk off the post move. Zo could have challenged but I think he had been posterized so much by Pippen that season he just decided to duck instead