Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Melo is one of the most underrated players in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Very underrated.

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

UNDERRATED!!!!!?

I can't think of a player more overrated than Carmelo Anthony. He's probably the most overrated player in the league. A one-dimensional scorer that is no longer good at scoring. An out of shape volume shooter with a questionable basketball IQ. He's frustrating to watch, BUT D'Antoni is part of the problem. I think he has the talent to be what people want him to be, but he needs the right coach and somebody to push him in the off-season. I know he has always been pudgy, but imagine if he wasn't and actually worked hard in the gym & weight room.

for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by ThePointGuard11
    UNDERRATED!!!!!?

I can't think of a player more overrated than Carmelo Anthony. He's probably the most overrated player in the league. A one-dimensional scorer that is no longer good at scoring. An out of shape volume shooter with a questionable basketball IQ. He's frustrating to watch, BUT D'Antoni is part of the problem. I think he has the talent to be what people want him to be, but he needs the right coach and somebody to push him in the off-season. I know he has always been pudgy, but imagine if he wasn't and actually worked hard in the gym & weight room.
    Come on dont bring up the coach excuse! Even George Karl could not make this guy into a leader at Melo's prime. D'antoni is horrible when it comes to defense but you can't blame him for Melo's offensive woes.

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Come on dont bring up the coach excuse! Even George Karl could not make this guy into a leader at Melo's prime. D'antoni is a horrible when it comes to defense but you can't blame him for Melo's offensive woes.
    I'm just saying, Melo being Melo, the freedom involved with that offense makes him even more of a chucker than he already was. Personally, I don't think a Carmelo led team will ever win an NBA championship. The way he plays the game will never translate into that. I agree with you, his offensive woes are his fault, but I was just saying that D'Antoni doesn't help the situation. He probably makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePointGuard11
    I'm just saying, Melo being Melo, the freedom involved with that offense makes him even more of a chucker than he already was. Personally, I don't think a Carmelo led team will ever win an NBA championship. The way he plays the game will never translate into that. I agree with you, his offensive woes are his fault, but I was just saying that D'Antoni doesn't help the situation. He probably makes it worse.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=147107

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    - top 3 scorer
    - average defender (like Rose, Paul, Dirk)
    - good passer and facilitator
    - great rebounder for his position
    - clutchest mofo in league
    Durant, kobe, Lebron, and Dirk are all better scorers.

he is not an average defender. He is a decent amount worse than rose, paul, and dirk

he is probably the most overrated player in the league

This season the Knicks give up 104 points per 100 possesions with Melo on the floor. They give up 98 with him off the floor
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 03-10-2012 at 02:45 PM.