Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Lebron James today vs. Michael Jordan in his 7th NBA season?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    When did I say that?

This coming from someone whose user name mocks Lebron. Yet I am the hater?
    LOL you don't have to ay it. Peopele can read your damn post. I can call someone stupid without actually saying the word.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    LOL you don't have to ay it. Peopele can read your damn post. I can call someone stupid without actually saying the word.
    The amusing thing is hypocrisy. Now can you, johhnywall or "Lebrick" show where I said Jordan was not on Lebron's level? Thanks in advance.

That is a bit of an unfair comparison. Jordan was 27--in his physical peak (27-30 years old for most basketball players)--in 91'. Lebron is 25 and yet to reach his physical peak. Let's compare them in 2-3 years...
    LMAO. Sorry to break it to you kiddo but players physically peak way before 30. More like 20-25.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    LMAO. Sorry to break it to you kiddo but players physically peak way before 30. More like 20-25.
    It's rather creepy that you keep calling him kiddo. Is that you Ted Bundy?

Anyway, the human body is in peak physical condition around 28 give or take a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'
    I vote Roundball Rock needs to get a life instead of wasting his life posting on Insidehoops why LeBron is better than Jordan. Get a girl or something, do something with your boys like playing ball yourself, instead of spending your whole day trying to convince an ultra small population of basketball fans why Jordan isn't on LeBron's level.

says the guy with an avatar hating on another poster.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    care to elaborate, what are those stupid things apart from his mindboggling production numbers? You act like Jordan and Kobe are PEREFCT players and they don't miss shots and don't turn the ball over...the game consists of more than last second buzzer-beaters, it actually goes for WHOLE 48 minutes
    I made some mental notes in the Orlando series, which highlights why MJ is still the more effective player:

-Over and over again Lebron dribbles the ball for 19 seconds, then drives -> meets a double team -> passes the ball to a teammate waiting at the perimeter with 2 seconds remaining at the shot clock -> teammate takes bad shot and misses.

-Lebron didn't facilitate much for long stretches in the game, causing his teammates to get cold, losing double-digit leads to lose the game.

-Lebron had a lot of stupid turnovers in the 4th quarter. He missed 5 free throws at the end of a close game, the refs tried to bail him out by giving him 3 more free throws after Howard cleanly blocked his shot, but it didn't work as the Cavs lost.

-Lebron took easy defensive assignments like guarding Rafar Alston, which he failed to do well as Alston exploded for 26 points. This allowed Orlando to have huge mismatches like Hedo Turkoglu destroying Mo Williams, rendering Mo ineffective. Mo couldn't make open shots either, but that's a separate issue.

-I don't care if Lebron had a PER of 40+ in that series, he did not play winning basketball. This is why I think players like MJ and Kobe are better. Statistically, Lebron is equal to MJ and better than Kobe but stats don't tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    I made some mental notes in the Orlando series, which highlights why MJ is still the more effective player:

-Over and over again Lebron dribbles the ball for 19 seconds, then drives -> meets a double team -> passes the ball to a teammate waiting at the perimeter with 2 seconds remaining at the shot clock -> teammate takes bad shot and misses.

-Lebron didn't facilitate much for long stretches in the game, causing his teammates to get cold, losing double-digit leads to lose the game.

-Lebron had a lot of stupid turnovers in the 4th quarter. He missed 5 free throws at the end of a close game, the refs tried to bail him out by giving him 3 more free throws after Howard cleanly blocked his shot, but it didn't work as the Cavs lost.

-Lebron took easy defensive assignments like guarding Rafar Alston, which he failed to do well as Alston exploded for 26 points. This allowed Orlando to have huge mismatches like Hedo Turkoglu destroying Mo Williams, rendering Mo ineffective. Mo couldn't make open shots either, but that's a separate issue.

-I don't care if Lebron had a PER of 40+ in that series, he did not play winning basketball. This is why I think players like MJ and Kobe are better. Statistically, Lebron is equal to MJ and better than Kobe but stats don't tell the whole story.
    Why did you BUMP this thread? The Moderators already deleted the other thread.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Why did you BUMP this thread? The Moderators already deleted the other thread.
    That thread got poisoned by PB, but this thread is still clean.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt

Lebron had to make all the plays and dribble the ball for long stretches, because his choking teammates were unable to create their own offense and were bricking wide open shots

he did it for the same reason - his teammates were choking for the MOST parts of the games...watch the series one more time and open your eyes for once
    Those TO's were a direct result of fatigue and physical pressure from Magic team...Lebron was CRAMPING and bleeding after one game in the series, that's how much wor he had to do for his team even to stay competitive

I agree about stupid defensive rotations and assignments, most of the blame goes towards dumbass coach though...

this is pure fanboy talk without any objective reasoning

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Lebron had to make all the plays and dribble the ball for long stretches, because his choking teammates were unable to create their own offense and were bricking wide open shots
    he did it for the same reason - his teammates were choking for the MOST parts of the games...watch the series one more time and open your eyes for once
    Those TO's were a direct result of fatigue and physical pressure from Magic team...Lebron was CRAMPING and bleeding after one game in the series, that's how much wor he had to do for his team even to stay competitive
    I agree about stupid defensive rotations and assignments, most of the blame goes towards dumbass coach though...

You can cherry pick anyone in this way, including Jordan and Kobe. The fact is Lebron is very comparable to Jordan through 6 1/2 seasons--even though Jordan had the advantage of coming out of Dean Smith's program and Lebron came out of high school. Lebron has had more team success than Jordan too. The most interesting thing is we have yet to see peak Lebron...