Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo's 62 and Lebron's 61

Melo, and it's not even close.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toooo
    No. Not as impressive to me. There was no defense being played.
    It probably feels that way because you're extremely butthurt

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Those siding LeBron, don't forget how bad his supporting cast in NY is. Being the focal point on a worse team means seeing more double teams, less effective plays, reduced efficiency.

This is a myth, guys are rarely double teamed unless they are just absolutely on fire.

Search "melo iso" on youtube and watch all the clips of him going one on ONE and putting up bricks, or knocking in a few low percentage, bad selection shots contested by one defender.

The idea that Melo is double teamed on all his possessions or even half of them or even a quarter of them each night is an urban legend.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Wade didn't play that game...

And there's nothing to side with here. Both had 60+ point games. I don't understand how people can hate on either.
    No one's hating?

Actually impressed it hasn't turned into a flame war, and hope it stays that way...

Just trying to get the non-media brainwashed, non-casual fans' input on both Melo and Bran's performances, also seeing if the non-casuals think Lebron's game is as impressive as the media and public makes it out to be. YES ITS IMPRESSIVE, ITS A 60+ PT GAME FFS.

I just want to see what people think, outside of the dumbasses on my facebook who claim some stupid shit.

All of the games were fuqing awesome to watch!.. I dunno why the hate for each player...

We all have our taste who was the best.. Me personally i liked Melo's game more.. but hey.. to each his own.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

In terms of productivity both games were about equal, so it comes down to aesthetics and whether you like a guy getting a bunch of layups and wide open 3's or a guy that is hitting tough contested jumpers like nobody is even there.

Both games were great, Lebron's was more explosive due to the 8 straight threes. Melo plays on an irrelevant Knicks team so it's obvious he gets less exposure with his effort.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Honestly, lebrons 61 will be more remembered over the years because he's simply a more relevant player. People remember all of Mike's big games. Nobody cares about Dominique's.
    Actually Dominique's 1988 EC semis Game 7 against Bird is very well remembered.

And before LeBron fans bring up it was in a loss ---> 2011 NBA Finals. At least Bird wasn't outscored by KC Jones in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith

And before LeBron fans bring up it was in a loss ---> 2011 NBA Finals. At least Bird wasn't outscored by KC Jones in that series.
    Yeah, you're gonna remember a game 7. Tell me about his Tuesday games in March though?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith

What does that have to do with what you are discussing here (Dominique's Game 7 in the 1988 EC)?

Seriously man, if we want to be a good message board with good arguments going on, you can't just come out of the blue with irrelevant sh*t.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sejoon101
    No agenda/troll bait thread, good basketball discussion.

I worked from 10am to 10pm so I missed the game live. I logged onto my league pass, watched a few games starting from the 4th, skipped the Heat game.

I log onto NBA.com and ISH in different tabs. The first thing NBA.com says, is "Magnificent Performance" and I get shocked Bran dropped 61. I do not follow the Heat unless they are playing another big name team (they seem to lose a lot more to sub .500 teams this season. Their record against good teams are actually pretty good) I rush over to check the stats. Monster FG%. I rushed to check the FG% and FT/FTA, but failed to check minutes played, and the final score of the game.

I turn on my condensed game, and Im baked out of my mind so I'm "coasting" the game, just half ass watching it. I look at the screen out of nowhere and it was like a 20 pt lead. Bosh and even Battier chillin on the bench, just Bran on the floor. 41 minutes played, second most minutes played was 30...

I start to think, Melo had 56.... with a FULL quarter left... and decided to sit out because it was a blow out.

Bran took much longer to surpass 60.

Today... on my way home from work. Watching the Thunder game. LOL
    Durant got 43 with a full quarter left.

I know ESPN and every media outlet in the world tried to feed us Bran's cawk down our throats. But if actually spend time to browse forums on ISH, even though fellow ISHers rag on each other for being dumb and uneducated, you got to admit 90% of us aren't "casual" fans that will be easily be fooled by the media, because we actually watch games. (I think?)

So of COURSE media will blast Bran's 61 over Melo's 62. Like.. a lot more.

What about people at ISH? Do you prefer Melo's performance or Bran's performance in this season's only 60+ pt games?

Also, do you, in your opinion, think the 61 pt game was truly as great as people make it sound to be?

I prefer Melo's performance over Bran's.

Honestly people saying Bran's performance was epic, it was great, but I don't think it was truly epic. The name Bran and the number 61 will speak much louder and as time passes rather than the way the game went, the defense, staying in through 4th, etc etc.
    I'm curious, how many points did you think lebron had at the end of the third quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Honestly, lebrons 61 will be more remembered over the years because he's simply a more relevant player. People remember all of Mike's big games. Nobody cares about Dominique's.
    Unfortunately that will be the case.

By a slight margin, Melo's performance > Lebron's performance

BUT over the course of time, more ppl will remember Lebron's 61 simply because he's the best of our era, and the face of the league.

But for those who watched both these guys put up monstrous statlines against the same team this season, I think many of the non-stans would prefer Melo's game, it was simply electric both in aesthetic appeal as well as crowd excitement and had the Knicks chose to keep him in, 70+ was easily within reach.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Melo