Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Do people appreciate Rajon Rondo more now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    He had that season-ending injury out of nowhere, to my knowledge it did not happen in an actual regular season game.
    wtf he did have his season injury during the regular season idiot, he also missed his only all star start, Rondo wanted to come back in the playoffs but the celtics didn't let him for the sake of his knee

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    He had that season-ending injury out of nowhere, to my knowledge it did not happen in an actual regular season game.

Why say "Still remember how he quit on his team" if you obviously don't remember what happened in the slightest? The injury happened in-game against Atlanta however "torn ACL, out for the season" was announced to the public during the Heat-Celtics game. So many viewers, I assume you included, heard about Rondo's injury but didn't actually see it, then turn around and say he quit on his team.

Banned

Scrubjon Scrubdo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    that all-world NYK defence. Are people just in a coma during the playoffs?
    Iman Shumpert is an elite defender 1 on 1 defender.

I am your soldier!

Tears an ACL and finishes the game with a triple double, then suits up and warms up for the next game... Quit on team. F*cking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jay
    you are out of your mind - rondo wouldn't have won these playoff series without KG and PP, on the other hand those two players would rip most eastern conference teams throughout these years with ease without rondo. Rondo is a A+ PG when healthy but he lacks shooting ability to carry a team on his own
    Look at last years playoffs, those guys couldn't even play effectively for 20 mins, Rondo was always their engine. The year before they went to the ECF and same team without Rondo they got bounced by the m****ing Knicks the year after
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 03-05-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Rondo produces regardless.

If you give him shooters, and athletes in transition he is still giving you 9-11 assists. Mix in 5-6 rebounds and 11-15 PPG and you have your top 7 PG.

Rondos main issue with me was his lack of consistent D. he can be so much better defensively than he is.
    I never had a problem with his defense previously. This year he is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Scrubjon Scrubdo
    lollakers

Beta team

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Look at last years playoffs, those guys couldn't even play effectively for 20 mins, Rondo was always their engine. The year before they went to the ECF and the same team without Rondo the got bounced by the m****ing Knicks the year after
    2013 is not 2008, five years after the championship, they wouldn't have if KG didn't join them. Or would Rondo get a ring with perkins and scalabrine

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    They have no interior defense. They're starting Bass and Humphries together, and Bradley's been out. He's played with KG at his back for years, probably used to it + he still hasn't even played 20 games.

I am your soldier!

2013 is not 2008, five years after the championship, they wouldn't have if KG didn't join them. Or would Rondo get a ring with perkins and scalabrine
    Nobody is saying anything like that.

2013 is not 2008
    No shit, nobody is arguing that, but since 2010 and onward Rondo has kept this team running, fvck the whole team used to say that all the time

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    No shit, nobody is arguing that, but since 2010 and onward Rondo has kept this team running, fvck the whole team used to say that all the time
    that's true but all I'm saying is that the combination of KG/PP is way more valuable than PP/Rondo. I could see a multiyear contender in the celtics with a rondo lead team, jeff green and one of the golden boys in this years draft - gonna be long ass years for us knickerbockers...

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    This year he is terrible? This year as in 2014? As in hasn't played in a year and coming off a torn ACL terrible? As in has only played for a few weeks terrible? As in- ah nvm.. I barely post in this forum and in one thread I'm quickly realizing why again.

Quote Originally Posted by mans1ay3r
    This year he is terrible? This year as in 2014? As in hasn't played in a year and coming off a torn ACL terrible? As in has only played for a few weeks terrible? As in- ah nvm.. I barely post in this forum and in one thread I'm quickly realizing why again.
    Coming off an ACL is no excuse to be terrible on defense. No effort, no IQ.