Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan's Dad was a ******?

i'm calling b*** s*** on this. for one... this book came out in 2003. its 2009.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/In-...1447202/?itm=4

why would this be the first time hearing about it if this book came out 6 years ago?

and i can't find ANYTHING online regarding this except message board crap. i just think this is made up and it may be in the book, but shes full of crap i bet.
    Last edited by gotbacon23; 02-09-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Gingereffic
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by CasterL
    wow

doubt its true, from all acounts jordans parents wer very moral and strict, plus the goat couldnt have a pedo father

Why would she say it then?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore dreaming121's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gotbacon23

why would this be the first time hearing about it if this book came out 6 years ago?

and i can't find ANYTHING online regarding this except message board crap. i just think this is made up and it may be in the book, but shes full of crap i bet.
    It has a higher chance of being real than being fake.

What kind of sane person would reveal and worst of all actually write a book about being molested. Especially if it was her father. If everything was proven false, she would be a laughing stock and her credibility would go down big time.

Revealing being molested especially by their father would have friends looking different at you. It was a huge risk and it was a lose-lose situation for her. The only thing she can gain from this is money from selling her book. She cannot de-fame MJ because he had nothing to do with it. It would only hurt her father, who is already dead.

I don't know what her reasons are for coming clean. If Jordan was still in the league it might've effected it as the media would've been all over it. It was either for the money (selling book) or she wanted to tell everyone the truth that her family wasn't actually perfect the media portrayed it to be.
    Last edited by dreaming121; 02-09-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Fact 1 - these news are 6 years old

Fact 2 - no info on the book

Fact 3 - it's almost sad if you want to rat out your family's dirty laundry for profit

I won't say I believe it. I don't. But - I won't say MJ's parents were perfect.

Who is perfect?

If one day some of you become famous, and you wake up to see your sister or your uncle or whoever publish a book about your family, just because YOU have success - what does that make?

Every single one of us here can write something on our parents.

You can go all "expert" and exaggerate the times when you got slapped by your father for doing something awful and twist that to "Daddy used to beat me when he came home, I thought I was wrong"...

Notice how lately, since Oprah and similar pathetic shows become super popular, that all these people came out the woodwork on their "hardships in youth", "abusive fathers" and similar stuff?

I dont' believe none of those stories. Those confessions aren't confessions.

It's called "I'mma cash this check and I ain't ever coming back"

It's actually sad. Both that someone has nerves to write ANYTHING about their families and make it public (that whole big brother concept disgusts me) and the fact that they're willing to go to such lenghts for profit.

Private is the new public nowdays and it's sickening.

Look at that damn Facebook thing, it's like a god damn diary you have only difference is - when I was a kid I used to hide my diary in the basement and I never let anyone read it, nowdays it's like you have your diary wide open and you're walking around town with it yelling about yourself, who and what do you like and what are you planning to do. It's sickening.

Learning to shoot layups Snaq O Meal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe4life

"VERY DISTURBING ALLEGATIONS FROM MICHAEL JORDAN'S SISTER"

According to Deloris E. Jordan: "Please understand that sexually molestation brutally violates a child's mind; destroying all traces of innocence. And more often than not, it takes with it their security and self-worth while imprisoning them in a painful world of silence and guilt."

"When I finally found the courage to let my father's deeds tumble from my lips, I did not know what to expect, but I never in a million years would have guessed that my mother would turn on me. Her words of betrayals did far more damage to me than my father's deeds. They spoke volumes to the fact that she really did not care about me, which my father obviously knew. It is because she was so expressive with her dislike for me that probably made my father know he could get away with violating me."

"It turned out to be true, when he told me that if I ever told, it would be he that my mother believed and me that the family hated."

"My father confessed his actions on the same day that I disclosed them to my mother. And on that frightful day of admission, I watched my mother, looking for a sign, any sign that she cared about me."

"I watched her as she stood in my bedroom citing their decision to send me away. Once again, I became the little girl who was always looking for her mother's signal of affection and approval, but once again there was none!"

"The memory of my father whispering in my ear during the wee hours of the night about the beauty of my body has played over and over in my head for many years. And as if that has not been incapacitating enough by itself, having to comprehend the fact that more often than not, he had just gotten out of the bed he shared with my mother to find his way to my bedroom has just added to the realization of the painful situation."

"It came to injure my mother's womanhood to such a point that she came to think of me as her adversary, with her striking out at me (the other woman) every chance she could, no matter where we were and what the occasion."

Source: "In My Family's Shadow," by: Deloris E. Jordan
    Didn't you post this in the Coli too?

Quote Originally Posted by Riker

Fact 3 - it's almost sad if you want to rat out your family's dirty laundry for profit

Who is perfect?

If one day some of you become famous, and you wake up to see your sister or your uncle or whoever publish a book about your family, just because YOU have success - what does that make?

You can go all "expert" and exaggerate the times when you got slapped by your father for doing something awful and twist that to "Daddy used to beat me when he came home, I thought I was wrong"...

Notice how lately, since Oprah and similar pathetic shows become super popular, that all these people came out the woodwork on their "hardships in youth", "abusive fathers" and similar stuff?

It's actually sad. Both that someone has nerves to write ANYTHING about their families and make it public (that whole big brother concept disgusts me) and the fact that they're willing to go to such lenghts for profit.

Look at that damn Facebook thing, it's like a god damn diary you have only difference is - when I was a kid I used to hide my diary in the basement and I never let anyone read it, nowdays it's like you have your diary wide open and you're walking around town with it yelling about yourself, who and what do you like and what are you planning to do. It's sickening.
    no, You are sickening. you have a completely distorted view of what is a bad act. crying about being molested by your father is not sickening, it's the god damn father molesting the girl that is sickening. why would you not tell the world about a monster like that?? that is doing everybody a favour by letting them know what a sorry excuse of a person he is, and maybe giving strength to others that have similar experiences.

if you don't want to hear about people who were abused by their parents, you should try to stop the abusive parents! not rag on the poor bastards that are the VICTIMS. you truly are an idiot, void of any sort of compassion.

Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Riker

Who is perfect?

You. Make. Me. Sick.
    You're a horrible excuse for a human being.

I completely agree with the poster above me.

Quote Originally Posted by ikoiko
    no, You are sickening. you have a completely distorted view of what is a bad act. crying about being molested by your father is not sickening, it's the god damn father molesting the girl that is sickening. why would you not tell the world about a monster like that?? that is doing everybody a favour by letting them know what a sorry excuse of a person he is, and maybe giving strength to others that have similar experiences.

if you don't want to hear about people who were abused by their parents, you should try to stop the abusive parents! not rag on the poor bastards that are the VICTIMS. you truly are an idiot, void of any sort of compassion.
    Oh you actually believe this BS story? lol

Pretty easy to spot a fake here.......

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Oh you actually believe this BS story? lol

Pretty easy to spot a fake here.......
    can you read? we're not talking about that specific case anymore. we're talking about empathy for victims of child abuse, of which there seems to be a disturbingly small amount on this board. that especially goes for the despicable poster Riker who meant that these victims should be ashamed for speaking up about horrible crimes committed against them when they were children.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming121
    it was a lose-lose situation for her. The only thing she can gain from this is money from selling her book.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore dreaming121's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
    ???

Quit nitpicking sentences. lrn2read. Especially the last paragraph.

Banned

I don't believe her. I'd first like to know MJ and the rest of the families relationship with her. Find out whether she's a crackhead with issues. In debt and hurting for money. Or just kind of looney.

It woudln't be the first time i've seen a family 'disown' someone who tries to get back at them, especially when their siblings cut them off from financial support. Letoya Jackson comes to mind....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gotbacon23

It's mostly on websites where I heard about this.

http://panachereport.com/channels/sports/index.html

http://wordonthestreetsmag.ning.com/...sister-our-dad