Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

Default Rashard Lewis tests positive for steroid, to miss first 10 games

Orlando Magic All-Star Rashard Lewis will be suspended for the first 10 games of next season because he has tested positive for a testosterone-producing steroid, the Orlando Sentinel has learned.

According to league sources, Lewis was taking nutritional supplements at the end of last season that unknowing to him contained a substance commonly known as DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) -- a chemical compound made naturally in the body but also found in numerous over-the-counter supplements at nutritional stores. The substance is banned by most sports leagues, including the NBA.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1959796.story

Default Re: Rashard Lewis tests positive for steroid, to miss first 10 games

Wow.

I can't remember the last time a high profile NBA player got a ban for steroids.

That sucks. When I saw the thread title, I was thinking to myself, how come the steroids arent working?

It's always the ones you never suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    That sucks. When I saw the thread title, I was thinking to myself, how come the steroids arent working?

Of all people Rashard never woulda popped into my head as someone on any kind of steroids. I woulda suspected a high jumper, fast runner, or at least a strong/muscular player lol

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

bulking up to bang with the big boys huh shard?

Why do these numbnuts take random supplements without first getting the explicit approval of a dr. familiar with the banned substance list for the league? or the league itself? It wouldnt be that hard to make sure.

Clyde The Glide.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

Of all people Rashard never woulda popped into my head as someone on any kind of steroids
    Same here bro. He's so lanky and skinny, How the hell is he on steroids? Does he have a counter in his body or something?

Oh well, more chance for me to laugh at Magic fans. Rashard is a good player and he's one of my favorite players on the Magic, but this is kind of funny and DEFINITELY surprising.

Local High School Star

They gotta redo the Finals now Cavs vs. Lakers

WOW 10 games that's huge it will cost the Magic a lot possibly the first seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCity95
    Same here bro. He's so lanky and skinny, How the hell is he on steroids? Does he have a counter in his body or something?

Oh well, more chance for me to laugh at Magic fans. Rashard is a good player and he's one of my favorite players on the Magic, but this is kind of funny and DEFINITELY surprising.
    For all we know this could be a good thing for the Magic.

Gives Bass some quality minutes to improve.

Its not like their best player is out for the season cause his p*ssy broke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by unknown101
    They gotta redo the Finals now Cavs vs. Lakers

Very good NBA starter

He thought it was a nutrition bill, but it cantain a substance the league has on its ban list.

if rashards on something i wonder how many needles stick out lebrons ass on a daily basis lol

at least in baseball roids will make you one of the best in the league. Rashard takes them and all he gets is like 6 minutes in the All-star game

Dude needs to sue whoever sold him those

DHEA is a banned substance? I'm suprised more dudes don't get busted for this, its in a LOT of GNC products.