Page 132 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I don't hate the guy but I would hardly consider him a fan favorite. He wasn't someone that all the Lakers fans were excited about signing. He definitely has a spot in the NBA. I'm not sure where, but he's a decent player and a solid scorer at times. I would definitely say Ingram and Deng are huge upgrades on the wing. Lakers fans should be thrilled about that.

Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Will anyone take Deng's contract?

NBA lottery pick

I'm sure a lot of people would, but why move him? Ingram isn't ready yet, and the Lakers are actually playing pretty decent.

Deng is also a veteran presence. I still hope we can bring Deng off the bench at some point. Maybe when Ingram performs better offensively, it would be nice to have Deng off the bench!

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, he'd be great off the bench if the Lakers get to that point to where the young guys are ready to take over and win games.

Home of the 16

Young core's new contracts in a year or so, using bird rights/years which could put them over the salary cap if it adds up (potential FA signings) by signing proven solid players over the years -- could lead to lost opportunities by having Mozgov & Deng's fat contract. I may be exaggerating, but his shot selection for the past 3 games has been awful. Just earlier tonight, jacks up a 2 from mid w/ 19 seconds left on the shotclock after an offensive rebound. Brick after brick during the Hawks game late in the qtr in the 2nd half. He's been nothing else but a spot up 31% 3pt shooter. Small sample size, but if it continues, no one's going to want that annually 18m contract.

His veteran presence and/or defensive abilities can be matched by anyone else of his caliber at this point. He's no Deng-Bulls. I highly believe that four year contract is going to hurt the Lakers in a long run, I mean, it's no secret, but move him now while (you can) he's still "marketable".

You can make a case as of why he's performing like he is (system, young core, playing time, etc), but soon if it clearly shows that he's physically incapable of performing at a marketable level, that 4 yrs/72m is going to bite the Lakers in the bum. lol Again, it's no secret, but I just want to point it out since he hasn't been that impressive, not one bit. With that fat contract, I expected a lot of defensive stops. Unless I'm watching the wrong game? :O Almost lost the game earlier.

He could be mentoring Brandon Ingram, but can't they get that anywhere else as well? He's no Kobe, definitely wasn't better at defending than Ron Artest in both of their primes.

But, if they decide to keep him, I don't mind -- but just saying, it could hurt them a lot.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-05-2016 at 04:40 AM.

NBA lottery pick

You're looking at those contracts from the old perspective before the latest tv deal though. 4/72 is going to be a pretty common contract very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Deng is also a veteran presence. I still hope we can bring Deng off the bench at some point. Maybe when Ingram performs better offensively, it would be nice to have Deng off the bench!
    He is not spectacular, no flashy plays etc but the guy don't make a ton of stupid mistakes. Last game he only had 3 assists but those passes were really good, spotting his teammates inside. He will not put up glowing numbers but he'll do what he can to help, whether to rebound or play good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Young core's new contracts in a year or so, using bird rights/years which could put them over the salary cap if it adds up (potential FA signings) by signing proven solid players over the years -- could lead to lost opportunities by having Mozgov & Deng's fat contract. I may be exaggerating, but his shot selection for the past 3 games has been awful. Just earlier tonight, jacks up a 2 from mid w/ 19 seconds left on the shotclock after an offensive rebound. Brick after brick during the Hawks game late in the qtr in the 2nd half. Deng's been nothing else but a spot up 31% 3pt shooter. Small sample size, but if it continues, no one's going to want that annually 18m contract.

Could it be that you are focusing too much on just his shots?
    Against the Hawks, he was a +13, collected 10 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and just 1 turnover in just 26 mins.
    Yes he is struggling to hit his shots but it's not like he is taking a ton of them unlike Metta who will just jack it up when other teams would intentionally dare him.
    But yes, if a team like OKC would offer two future 2nd rounders next year then so be it.

Yeah, I can't see many teams wanting Deng without some sort of incentive.

I do have to thank you guys for overpaying him though or else he'd be our starting 3.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Could it be that you are focusing too much on just his shots?
    Against the Hawks, he was a +13, collected 10 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and just 1 turnover in just 26 mins.
    Yes he is struggling to hit his shots but it's not like he is taking a ton of them unlike Metta who will just jack it up when other teams would intentionally dare him.
    But yes, if a team like OKC would offer two future 2nd rounders next year then so be it.
    Yeah, I could be, but that doesn't mean you can't get the same amount of production from anywhere else.

Yeah, I could be, but that doesn't mean you can't get the same amount of production from anywhere else.
    Luke is really rolling the dice with Ingram last night when he used the rookie in the most critical time under 6 minutes with a very tight game and he did good.
    With that said, it remains to be seen if Brandon can truly hold his own against better counterparts esp with his lack of bulk. Yes Deng makes me cringe when he shoots but there are positive things that he does that don't show up in the stats, being in the right spots etc, rebounding, rotating etc. And yes, I can't see him being that valuable after 2-3 years but I can only hope that Mitch put a favorable buy out clause in his contract.

NBA lottery pick

I'd say Ingram has been a top 5 rookie so far, so I like to see him getting some PT. I think Luke is going to do well with his development. Nobody is going to touch what Embiid is doing this season though.

Home of the 16

Loving BI's defensive efforts lately. Can you label him a 'natural' on the defensive end? It seems like the instincts are there -- from his reaction time to his awareness -- really enjoying him play out there.

He logged 39 mins. tonight, I think. W vs. Bulls.

Loving BI's defensive efforts lately. Can you label him a 'natural' on the defensive end? It seems like the instincts are there -- from his reaction time to his awareness -- really enjoying him play out there.

He logged 39 mins. tonight, I think. W vs. Bulls.
    Not just the efforts but also his basketball IQ and instincts. The KD comparisons were really unfair esp when doubters are already saying he is a "failure".
    I would be ecstatic if he can be a poor man's Scottie Pippen, with a better perimeter shot.
    btw Where the hell is everybody?
    I know life can be busy but man, All of us are always busy..since Shaq days...
    Are they just Kobe fans or what? Lakers just managed to win a game where they shot poorly and made a ton of turnovers, against a decent team on the road. Yes, the Bulls also had a bad game but they had 3 solid vets while the Lakers were full of young guns.