wow didn't expect my thread to get this long

nice

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: I just realized how stacked Dallas is now

Re: I just realized how stacked Dallas is now

they don't hav stackhouse yet

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    I have seen so many different rosters being posted here on IsH. This is the actually roster the Mavs got now.

PG: Jason Kidd (38)- Rodrigue Beaubois (23) Delonte West (28)
    SG: Vince Carter (34) - Jason Terry (34) Rodrigue Beaubois (23)
    SF: Shawn Marion (33) - Lamar Odom (32) Corey Brewer (25)
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki (33) - Lamar Odom (32) Brandan Wright (24) Brian Cardinal (34)
    C: Brendan Haywood (32) - Ian Mahinmi (24) Brandan Wright (24)

The last rumor is that Rudy Fernandez is getting bought out or traded. The same goes for Corey Brewer. Fernandez is still in Spain, struggling with some travel documents. I got the feeling we wont see him in a Mav jersey.

Anyway, for those who don't know who Rodrigue Beaubois is, I recommend you guys to watch this video clip posted below. His sophomore year was ruined because of injuries, but he is back and 100% clear to play
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eNw1XKVDg

Tyson Chandler went to the Knicks. He was the anchor defense for the Mavs. Some say he was the reason why the Mavs won. Yes, he was a big part of it and I doubt that Haywood will come close to his defense. If the Mavs suddenly stop playing defense this season and playoff, a lot of people will blame it on not having Chandler there anymore. What people need to know is that Dwayne Casey is no longer a ass. coach for the Mavs. He was the guy who was screaming on the sideline every time the Mavs was playing defense. I believe he was a much bigger factor then people can imagine.

This team will cost close to 70mill in salaries this season. Next offseason most of the contracts runs out. If the Mavs use the amnestie on Brendan Haywood or Shawn Marion, the Mavericks will have 28mill in cap space. That means the Mavs got the money to sign both Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

This pretty much sums up everything perfectly. Its clear what the mavs have in mind. Championship to still being a contender with a strong position in the 2012 free market agent is not that big of a step down, not everyone can build a trio of young stars that will be together 5+ years.

Barea is the most overrated player here after the finals, paying him 5mil a year for 4 years or something would be a huge mistake by mavs. First of all, he isnt that good. Second of all, him playing take any minutes for beaubois away, a young player with a tonne more upside than barea, who even currently is probably better and isnt a midget.

Mahinmi would be an intriguing prospect, he along with wright will be a given a fair few opportunities to prove themselves in this compacted season.

Go Spurs Go

NO JJ = NO TITLE

JJ was the backbone and HEART N SOUL of their BENCH. he was unstoppable at driving in the paint and creating for his teammates.. RELENTLESS driver. mavs will miss him greatly.

JJ I MISS YOU BRO

I usually hit open layups MavAlbert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    Perimeter players are weak. Vince Carter does not help, in fact he'll make the team worst
    worst then you're speeling and grammer?

Banned

Don't have chemistry & lost Butler their second best player last year.

Anchor in the middle defensive beast & guy who covered up alot of Dirk's inefficiencies on defense is gone also.

Dont know why people are exited about Carter. Dude is straight up garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman

Anchor in the middle defensive beast & guy who covered up alot of Dirk's inefficiencies on defense is gone also.

Dont know why people are exited about Carter. Dude is straight up garbage.

i guess you didnt notice that they won it all without butler, and VC adds similar stats without being a black hole. he is a very good passer. chandler will be missed, but nothing was to be done. too expensive to bring back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavAlbert
    i guess you didnt notice that they won it all without butler, and VC adds similar stats without being a black hole. he is a very good passer. chandler will be missed, but nothing was to be done. too expensive to bring back.

Carter won't see the court that much so it doesn't matter.

Gaping hole at center as you mentioned. Other teams (ex. Lakers) will eat these fools up in the paint all year. Sure they have guys that can score the rock, but aside from Kidd i don't see anyone remote to been good defensively.

Gaping hole at center as you mentioned. Other teams (ex. Lakers) will eat these fools up in the paint all year. Sure they have guys that can score the rock, but aside from Kidd i don't see anyone remote to been good defensively.
    carter will play quite a bit actually. i guess you didnt notice how much haywood played against the lakers last year in the playoffs? Marion isnt a good defender? Dirk is a great man to man defender. Odom is a good defender. Do you even watch basketball?

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

but aside from Kidd i don't see anyone remote to been good defensively.
    0/10 obvious troll is obvious

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

again, Marion is still with the Mavs