Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: kevin love trade could be blocked

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Thanks for clarifying.

Again, I am not a fan of vetoes at all...

Teams should be allowed to do what they want, regardless of how dumb the other franchise is.
    The issue with the LA CP3 trade is that since it was league owned its basically what the other 28 OWNERS wanted, people usually say Oh stern is a ****** for blocking that CP3 trade. He really had no say he was just a puppet, the 28 owners or at least the majority said CP3 ON LA for that trade? not happening aka we pay you stern so you better veto

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It's business.

That's messed up that the Lakers were going to get better, trade and get Chris Paul, but gain $15 million in cap space. LOL

"Aw boo hoo the lakers were making an extremely smart & savy trade, somebody please stop them "

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Wiggins jerseys taken off the shelf and details of the trade smattered all over the internet?

I hope the trade goes through, no team or players deserve to have a veto. But I'm one for fairness too.

Why should Lakers have a vetoed trade and not one here? I blame the rules which are too ambiguous or unclear to sort out a legit veto.
    That was done by the NBA not the Cavs...

and there are huge differences between this scenario and the lakers' one...for one the league doesnt own the t-wolves

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    there is no chance a team would give up players on par with Wiggins, Bennett, and a first rounder just to rent Love for a few months

He didn't include Wiggins. He thinks Waiters and Anthony Bust will be enough to trade for Love at the deadline.

I am your soldier!

That'd be hilarious if it was blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    "Aw boo hoo the lakers were making an extremely smart & savy trade, somebody please stop them "
    Then the league owners said f*ck you, we're not trading Chris Paul then paying $15 million more in salary.

I never knew it was against the rules for a player to agree to an extension?

Learning to shoot layups

NBA is on Lebrons dick this year because it would be a good story that Lebron comes home and wins a ring for cavs.

Here's an interesting post I read from another NBA forum:

"It's not a murder trial. The level of proof the league needs is not a signed document. The level of proof they require is that it would not of happened without circumventing the CBA. That's it.

The rule outlaws verbal agreements, 'understandings' and other handshake deals, and I don't know why people keep insisting that a signed document would be 'proof' of an understanding between two parties.

To comply with the CBA, Love would need to sign the extention now, then everything works. But Cleveland would be idiots to trade the number 1 pick for a year's rental of Love and wear all the risk just so he can get more money by being an unrestricted FA. And that's all the proof the league would need."
    Last edited by poido123; 08-10-2014 at 12:45 AM.

real GM

Mods.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

The funniest part about the Hornets thing is , it's not like the trade they got from the Clippers was significantly better , I don't even remember the last time Eric Gordon played Basketball.

That veto was more about the Lakers instantly getting better again after three straight Finals appearances, rather than the trade being lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by navy

Mods.

I felt that the post has relevance to the topic at hand.

I can edit it since it bothers you so much

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    The funniest part about the Hornets thing is , it's not like the trade they got from the Clippers was significantly better , I don't even remember the last time Eric Gordon played Basketball.

That veto was more about the Lakers instantly getting better again after three straight Finals appearances, rather than the trade being lopsided.
    The veto was because the League owned the team and nobody wanted CP3 on the Lakers.

So in short, the league can make a ruling of foul play based on love being a one year rental and the cavs not getting enough in return...

This has legs to it.
    Last edited by poido123; 08-10-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It's business.

That's messed up that the Lakers were going to get better, trade and get Chris Paul, but gain $15 million in cap space. LOL
    Props to the Lakers' front office for almost pulling that off. It's not messed up when they were playing by the rules.