Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers Fan Rejoice

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Rejoice indeed! Another year of being an afterthought.
    an afterthought that haunts the haters minds here on the daily

For an afterthought, They sure do still get a lot of mention

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Not getting IT is dodging a bullet?

He'd be the best player on a fully healthy Laker team
    Exactly.

There is nothing but a chasm on this team. The Bucks have 5 better pieces, the Jazz have at least that many. This team is going to be bad for a while.

Buss is turning in his grave.

Randle is gonna be back next season.
    Clarkson looks good enough to be a starting player, maybe even an all-star once or twice in his career.
    We get a top 5 pick in a strong draft.
    We dodged the melo and dwight bullets. Hopefully, we'll dodge the isiah thomas and Goran Dragic ones too.
    Hopefully, Kobe can stay healthy to provide some scoring.
    This team should be a 10 seed next year if they're all healthy

Very good NBA starter

If the front office gets their way, I think the starting 5 will look like this.

Rondo
    Kobe
    Top 5 draft pick
    Randle
    Aldridge

Bench

Clarkson
    Ellington
    Young
    Black
    Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones

Ni99as cursed.
    Ive wondered for a while now how efficient the Lakers medical staff is. They dont seem to handle health and injuries well. Funny enough an article I read about Jennie Buss mentioned how The Lakers are barely getting around to updating their statistical and medical departments.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Ive wondered for a while now how efficient the Lakers medical staff is. They dont seem to handle health and injuries well. Funny enough an article I read about Jennie Buss mentioned how The Lakers are barely getting around to updating their statistical and medical departments.
    That ESPN article back in Late January early Feb?

That was shot down by not only Lakers but other writers

the author took that Mitch wouldn't go into detail about the Lakers Stats or Medical departments to mean that they we're doing anything to upgrade... basically the author wanted Mitch to divulge what advanced numbers and training techniques they use and Mitch blew him off

Lakers do not put as much faith in numbers as some teams do but they do have about 10 guys that crunch numbers on staff, what numbers they're crunching Mitch wouldn't say

The medical/training staff is harder to sort out... they have good people in place... most of the folks on staff were top line at their last position, Vitti is considered one of the top sports trainers in the world and a lot of what other teams do is modeled after Vitti... The problem I'm sure even the Lakers are puzzling over is isolating the injuries... were they caused by a lack of prep on the training staffs part, are they ingame injuries that can't be helped like stepping on another guys foot.. Hard to say, I haven't spent much time looking at the topic this year but i'm sure somebody will

I'll also add the injuries seemed to get worse after Kobe went down.. I'm sure the front office, coaches and trainers decided to error on the side of caution with the season shot... better to keep a guy out for a minor injury than risk it getting worse... funny how players play through a lot more when a deep playoff run is on the line vs getting a good draft pick... wink wink nudge nudge
    Last edited by gts; 04-15-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    That ESPN article back in Late January early Feb?

That was shot down by not only Lakers but other writers

the author took that Mitch wouldn't go into detail about the Lakers Stats or Medical departments to mean that they we're doing anything to upgrade... basically the author wanted Mitch to divulge what advanced numbers and training techniques they use and Mitch blew him off

Lakers do not put as much faith in numbers as some teams do but they do have about 10 guys that crunch numbers on staff, what numbers they're crunching Mitch wouldn't say

The medical/training staff is harder to sort out... they have good people in place... most of the folks on staff were top line at their last position, Vitti is considered one of the top sports trainers in the world and a lot of what other teams do is modeled after Vitti... The problem I'm sure even the Lakers are puzzling over is isolating the injuries... were they caused by a lack of prep on the training staffs part, are they ingame injuries that can't be helped like stepping on another guys foot.. Hard to say, I haven't spent much time looking at the topic this year but i'm sure somebody will

I'll also add the injuries seemed to get worse after Kobe went down.. I'm sure the front office, coaches and trainers decided to error on the side of caution with the season shot... better to keep a guy out for a minor injury than risk it getting worse... funny how players play through a lot more when a deep playoff run is on the line vs getting a good draft pick... wink wink nudge nudge
    Nice. Good info on all that. Yeah I think the article I had read was an ESPN one. They did make it sound like the Lakers were running outdated stuff. Almost everyone is looking to take a shot at the Lakers now a days so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Rejoice indeed! Another year of being an afterthought.
    How many Clippers players are on the top 10 all time list again? I mean with ALL those accomplishments...

And people were mad when Mitch didnt bite on:

- IT
    - Stephenson
    - Other garbage players who aren't worth shit.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    isiah Thomas is good clarkson is overrated

hmmm scoring wise maybe but defense clarkson over thomas any day... dude can defend 1 2 3 ... cant say the same against thomas.