Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Default Curry says he's coming for MJ's throne - Wants to be the best ever

Do you want 73 [the Bulls went 72-10 in the 1995-96 season]?

"Yeah, but we have to do it the right way. We want to keep getting better and be at our best come April. If we don't win the championship, what good is 73?"

Kerr's 72-win Bulls vs. his Warriors. Your coach has said he enjoys engaging in the debate. Ever let your mind go there?

"It's hard to compare the teams. I watched them play growing up, but Coach Kerr knows what Jordan and Pippen were like, and even he says it's an impossible debate. Maybe me and Ron Harper should lock ourselves in a room and talk it out."

Kerr wouldn't ID the victor, but he felt it would come down to the last possession. You got the rock, MJ's on you, one play to win it all. What happens next?

"Right to left, step back. I knock it down."

Is going down as the GOAT in your mind's eye, or do you just go in conceding that title due to the presence of one Michael Jordan?

"It's a high mountain to climb, but I'm pretty motivated to take on the challenge. Whatever that means, however you got on that mountain, why not try to climb it? And do it in your own way."

So you are trying to top MJ as the greatest of all time?

"Yeah. Why else would I be playing? You want to be the best you can be. And if the best you can be is better than him, then why not? That's good motivation."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...g-record-books The entire interviews a great read. I recommend skimming through it if you haven't already.

Is there still room open Curryfam? I wish more players would be like this. This is the most alpha shit he's ever said.
    Last edited by TrueBlue89; 12-08-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Default Re: Curry says he's coming for MJ's throne - Wants to be the best ever

MJ's already in the rearview...this nigguh's shooting for Mt. Olympus with Zeus and dem boys.

This reads like something I would want him to say but players never really do... link or confirmation or something?

If all those words legit, Stephen

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    This reads like something I would want him to say but players never really do... link or confirmation or something?

If all those words legit, Stephen

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...g-record-books

Here's the entire interview. Good read.

Alpha. GOATRRY

Curry is a modern day Hercules.

Was born a god, but due to unforeseen circumstances was sent down to Earth and has been slowly regaining his god-like powers as he makes his way back to Mt. Olympus.

Decent playground baller

Not going to happen, but he could be top 10 for sure.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Curry gets it

Local High School Star

Curry's playing incredible, no doubt about it. But 22 games does not a GOAT make. Let's see Curry keep this up for the next 5-6 years and even still we have to discount his much less than GOAT play in his first few years in the league.

But there's not doubt, if he keeps this up all season, it will be one of the finest peaks/seasons in history.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha
    Curry's playing incredible, no doubt about it. But 22 games does not a GOAT make. Let's see Curry keep this up for the next 5-6 years and even still we have to discount his much less than GOAT play in his first few years in the league.

But there's not doubt, if he keeps this up all season, it will be one of the finest peaks/seasons in history.
    Yes, but peaks are more important to some people and they are more exciting anyway.

My dick just grew a little bit by reading that. What an alpha interview

Decent college freshman

It won't happen though.

Thats unfortunately the mindset of most NBA players, some are working harder, some started much earlier and got better, some were gifted while at it etc.... to be the best that you can be, best in the league, best at your position, if that means better than anybody in history, so be it, it indeed is motivation, why would he say no?

This is more like "I want to be coming for MJ's throne".... not "Im coming for MJ's throne".... at his age he needs to be at least 2/4th of Jordans achievements/accolades to say something like that.... and he is not even 1/6th really....

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This is the type of mindset champions need. It's better to shoot for the stars and just miss your mark than shoot for the dirt and hit it. Maybe Curry won't eclipse MJ as the GOAT, but by going for it he will accomplish so much and become an all-time great in his own right. I'm trying really hard not to like Curry, but he's doing all the right things

Still waiting for my curry smiley