Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    You still salty? Lets start with all this Amare talk. You claim I have his nuts in my mouth but every time I post you bring him up. Looks like you got the roles reversed.
    No I rarely go into a thread where you're praising him and reply to you. I criticize Amare pretty often but it isn't usually in response to you merely praising him.

We know you are a big Shaq fan. You could tell us the circumference of his **** while simutaniously sucking it. Thanks for reminding us again.
    It's funny that you would be so descriptive. It sounds like you're speaking from experience.

In response to Showtime I was being dead serious. I hope something bad happens to someone close to him so I could laugh in his face the same way he has laughed at people on here when they post about someone dying or getting seriously injured.
    Well I don't know what you're talking about regarding him laughing at other people's relatives dying. I just saw you say that in response to his comment about Amare.

Regardless, you'd wish harm on Showtime's mother or sister who you've never met because Showtime made that comment? So it's their fault? You're f*cking pathetic.

You are comparing a god damn 12 game stretch to a prime T-Macs full season and then trying to claim he is as good as prime T-mac during that stretch? If you want to compare that stretch to T-Mac in his prime go find a 12 game stretch for T-Mac. Then tell us how much he compares.
    You want me to post what he's done the last 2+ months? Once again in that stretch he's averaging something like 30/8/4 on superior shooting % to T-Mac. That's easily comparable.

Well considering that he's now scoring 30-35 points pretty much every night and he's grabbing 7-8 rebounds every night while shooting 50/45/87%. It's not a stretch to say that he's pretty much as good as T-Mac was in his prime.
    1. NBA season is 82gms, you simply cant handpick a stretch of games where Durant has "turned it on" and go off that. Not for nothing but I'm almost certain there are a good number of players who have had an awesome 12gm stretch where we can say things about them during that period of time we dont now. What Durant is going now is cool, but I dont see how it automatically makes him as good as a prime player like Tmac was. A guy who hasnt even finished his 2nd season who hasnt performed like this the entire season is already as good as a prime player? Seems not only a bit off but silly to me.

2. You wanna compare thier offensive games, how explosive a prime Tmac was vs Durant? Fine. But there is more to the game than scoring and shooting. Other areas that Tmac excelled in which just makes this argument not in favor of Durant. Thru those "stats" you posted talk to me about defense. Ok you dont have too. You're at a loss for words. Hmmm, ok maybe you'll have something to say with this. Talk to me about Durants playmaking ability vs a prime Tmac. You there? Hello? Surely you're not gonna post his assist avg. Nah, you wouldnt dare.

I do not want to slam, discredit Durant at all. He's amazing and is actually doing what I expected. Afterall he had one of the top 10 best freshman seasons of all time in college. So he came out of Texas a stud. No accident. He's simply not ripe right now. He's not polished. Believe it or not dispite his stats he is still developing his game. Even scoring along with other areas. A prime Tmac was a beast. I dont think you understand what kind of talent and player a prime Tmac was. To say some kid over a dozen games has equalled him is crazy.

Saw a basketball once vinny_rex's Avatar

Will everyone stop licking Kevin Durant's nuts?

We know he's good and that he plays on a ****ty team. He'd have trouble guarding Chucky Atkins and he might end up being the best player ever.

Whatever!

National High School Star

I think that was very premature of you to make that comparision...extremely premature actually, as others have said, yes he is playing very well but its not like he's the only person to play well, especially over a 12 game span

Just for arguements sake, I did a quick search of the first random player that came to mind who I felt was capable of having a good stretch

these are the stats for ray allen from Jan.2 to Feb.23, 2007, this over a 22 game stretch:

30ppg, 4.3rpg, 5apg, 47%fg, 42.6%3fg, 89.9%ft

If I felt like it Im sure I could find quite a few players who put up great stats for a period of time, but that doesn't necessarily make them as good as player x in their prime. It takes a lot more than a string of good games for someone to prove themselves, this guy hasn't even finished his second year. Yes he may eventually be better than prime t-mac but he's definetly not there yet, and as everyone has stated, what about the defensive end.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    1. NBA season is 82gms, you simply cant handpick a stretch of games where Durant has "turned it on" and go off that. Not for nothing but I'm almost certain there are a good number of players who have had an awesome 12gm stretch where we can say things about them during that period of time we dont now. What Durant is going now is cool, but I dont see how it automatically makes him as good as a prime player like Tmac was. A guy who hasnt even finished his 2nd season who hasnt performed like this the entire season is already as good as a prime player? Seems not only a bit off but silly to me.
    Fair enough, but what I mean is that Durant has improved as the season has gone on. Now seems to put 30-35 pts/7-8 boards/4-5 assists on 50% shooting every night. He's doing it consistently and he isn't showing any signs of slowing down. To me it seems like he is a 29/8 player now and I see no reason why he couldn't do it for a full season. That's why I think he's pretty much as good.

After Carlesimo was fired and Durant was switched back to his natural SF position he's been pretty much unstoppable.

Durant since he broke out with that 41 point game 34 games ago
    28.7 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.9 bpg, 48.5 FG%, 43.1 3P%, 86.2 FT%, 20.1 FGA

T-Mac's best season
    32.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.8 bpg, 45.7 FG%, 38.6 3P%, 79.3 FT%, 24.2 FGA

2. You wanna compare thier offensive games, how explosive a prime Tmac was vs Durant? Fine. But there is more to the game than scoring and shooting. Other areas that Tmac excelled in which just makes this argument not in favor of Durant. Thru those "stats" you posted talk to me about defense. Ok you dont have too. You're at a loss for words. Hmmm, ok maybe you'll have something to say with this. Talk to me about Durants playmaking ability vs a prime Tmac. You there? Hello? Surely you're not gonna post his assist avg. Nah, you wouldnt dare.
    Of course T-Mac was a better playmaker and defensive player, but Durant is a far better shooter, as good of a scorer and a lot more efficient. Durant's superior shooting makes him more consistent. T-Mac in his prime would still have a lot of 8/24 nights because he was streajy. Durant rarely shoots unde r50% these days and on the season he's over 48%.

I do not want to slam, discredit Durant at all. He's amazing and is actually doing what I expected. Afterall he had one of the top 10 best freshman seasons of all time in college. So he came out of Texas a stud. No accident. He's simply not ripe right now. He's not polished. Believe it or not dispite his stats he is still developing his game. Even scoring along with other areas. A prime Tmac was a beast. I dont think you understand what kind of talent and player a prime Tmac was. To say some kid over a dozen games has equalled him is crazy.
    I'm not talking about just talking about 12 games. Look at the last 34 or even the last 39(since he officially switched to SF). He's producing at that level. I know he's improving, he's improving every game it seems. And I do understand how good T-Mac was in his prime. I don't think many understood how rare what Durant is doing is. I can't remember another player scoring like he is now, while rebounding that well and with shooting percentages that good, much less at 20.

In response to Showtime I was being dead serious. I hope something bad happens to someone close to him so I could laugh in his face the same way he has laughed at people on here when they post about someone dying or getting seriously injured.
    I don't laugh at people dying, but I have made jokes surrounding the circumstances of deaths (one of them involved Amare, so you must still be a bitter b!tch about it). With that being said, an eye injury that results in a surgery isn't equal to a death or rape. That's why you have Amare's dick in your mouth, because to you, they are the same. You laughing at raping my sister = me enjoying some karma for Amare. They are the same to you, and that's pretty telling about your mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I don't laugh at people dying, but I have made jokes surrounding the circumstances of deaths (one of them involved Amare, so you must still be a bitter b!tch about it). With that being said, an eye injury that results in a surgery isn't equal to a death or rape. That's why you have Amare's dick in your mouth, because to you, they are the same. You laughing at raping my sister = me enjoying some karma for Amare. They are the same to you, and that's pretty telling about your mindset.
    You keep on thinking it was just one response that made me type what I did. It's a constant thing for you and your only excuse is that you dont care because you dont know "insert name". Well I dont know you and the people around you. Why should I care? Why not make jokes about it? Why do you care about what some random person on a message board says? Hypocrisy at its best I guess considering you are the guy who has to throw his input into "death" threads telling us all who gives a **** while making jokes.

Local High School Star

durant is a beast!!! he is now playing like he was at texas. just ownin fools. its just like college for him again and he learned very quickly. hes got alot of years

im glad he went to texas

You keep on thinking it was just one response that made me type what I did.
    Yeah, it was TWO comments involving Amare, which is why you typed what you did. Sorry you have his balls in your mouth.

It's a constant thing for you and your only excuse is that you dont care because you dont know "insert name".
    No, I said other people's reactions to my jokes were overblown because NOBODY on the board cares and knows them. I even said it would be different for those that do, in which case I wouldn't have made the joke to a family member directly. Here's my previous comment:

"Again, if I was speaking to him or his family, I would totally be empathetic because it's a tragic event for THEM, not YOU, so there's no reason for you to be upset."

My point wasn't that I can make comments about myself killing and raping YOUR family just because I don't know YOU or THEM. My God you are one dumb stain.

And again, I don't make jokes about me specifically raping another person's family. I made a joke about the circusmstances surrounding a death, and that joke involved Amare, and you can't handle it.

Well I dont know you and the people around you. Why should I care? Why not make jokes about it? Why do you care about what some random person on a message board says?
    You weren't making a joke. You said you wanted a death and/or rape (even committed by yourself) to happen to my family in order for me to feel the same way you do about a joke/negative comment made about Amare. That wasn't a joke. It didn't even attempt a humors angle. And it's pretty pathetic.

Hypocrisy at its best I guess considering you are the guy who has to throw his input into "death" threads telling us all who gives a **** while making jokes.
    Making a joke surrounding the circumstances of the death and seriously wishing a rape and/or murder on sombody's family in order for them to feel the same way you feel about a joke/negative comment made on your favorite player are two different things. Therefore, it's not being hypocritical.

And as I said, I'm not getting defensive over this, I'm just telling you how pathetic you are that this is your reaction to a negative comment about your favorite player.
    Last edited by Showtime; 02-21-2009 at 06:10 PM.

You still salty? Lets start with all this Amare talk. You claim I have his nuts in my mouth but every time I post you bring him up. Looks like you got the roles reversed.

We know you are a big Shaq fan. You could tell us the circumference of his **** while simutaniously sucking it. Thanks for reminding us again.

You are comparing a god damn 12 game stretch to a prime T-Macs full season and then trying to claim he is as good as prime T-mac during that stretch? If you want to compare that stretch to T-Mac in his prime go find a 12 game stretch for T-Mac. Then tell us how much he compares.

Fucking hilarious bro.

Anyways, this thread sucks dick, just like the OP.

National High School Star

again gilbert arenas in 06-07 over 17 games

35.4ppg, 5rpg, 6.4apg, 47.8%fg, 39.2%3pt, 82.%ft

These are almost prime michael jordan type numbers, so gilbert arenas = prime michael jordan?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey

Fucking hilarious bro.

Anyways, this thread sucks dick, just like the OP.
    Awww Fatman's butt buddy came to his defense. I don't think we have to worry about Fatman raping Showtime's sister or anyone else. You have to know where your d*ck is to rape someone and Fatman needs to lose about 50 pounds before he'll find his.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    again gilbert arenas in 06-07 over 17 games

35.4ppg, 5rpg, 6.4apg, 47.8%fg, 39.2%3pt, 82.%ft

These are almost prime michael jordan type numbers, so gilbert arenas = prime michael jordan?
    Well Durant's numbers over the last 34 or even 39(since he officially switched to SF) are comparable to T-Mac's best years plus Durant is getting better every game.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Awww Fatman's butt buddy came to his defense. I don't think we have to worry about Fatman raping Showtime's sister or anyone else. You have to know where your d*ck is to rape someone and Fatman needs to lose about 50 pounds before he'll find his.

Well Durant's numbers over the last 34 or even 39(since he officially switched to SF) are comparable to T-Mac's best years plus Durant is getting better every game.
    Do you have some obsession with ***** and fat people?

Dunking on everybody in the park

I love Durant game. All he needs now is to be protected the officials the way they protect Kobe. Imagine if he gets Kobe type treatment. He will be unstoppable. All Durant needs is better teammates. Kobe had it his whole career (from Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Caron, Odom, Bynum, Gasol and clutch guys like Horry and Fisher). Too bad Durant didn't fall with a team that had Dwight Howard. He could easily pull championship victory. Not only that, actually be the #1 guy on his team.
    Last edited by c_az_a; 02-21-2009 at 06:22 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Do you have some obsession with ***** and fat people?
    If the censored word was ***** then how would my post suggest that? You said dick in your post as well and so did Statman. Although he was oddly very descriptive.