Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 10 hours later and not one thread about Dahntay tripping Kobe

What Kobe said about the trip

Bryant kept things light when asked if Jones tried to trip him.

“I just fell on my face for no reason,” he said. “I’m a klutz.”

Was Jones playing him dirty?

“Good defense,” Bryant said.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    I actually agree that the push was much worse. Dudes get tripped five times a game every game, and very rarely are seriously hurt from it. Pushing a man when he is vulnerable in the air is extremely dangerous, and how people wind up with broken wrists, busted heads, and paralyzed. The league, however, and always been about consequences of behavior, more than the behavior itself. So if Shaq flattens a guy going for a clean block (because he weighs 200lbs more) he is going to get suspended; it Jones pushes someone hard in the back while they are in air, and the guy lands alright, its just going to be normal foul most of the time.
    I agree. As a ball player, nothing is worse than attacking a player while he is in air. This is why I hate when players undercut another just to try to get draw a charge. It's dangerous as **** and it should be called a tech everytime a player tries to do it. I personally injured my wrist permanently cause some dumb **** wanted to take a charge while I was in the air trying to make a layup. In this case of pushing a guy in the air, it's no doubt a flagrant 2 in my opinion. Had Kobe not retained his balance and body control, he could've been seriously hurt. I've seen a guy pushed mid air and then he got knocked out cold by the way he landed onto concrete. ****ing disgraceful if you ask me.

Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Dahntay Jones tripped Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    dayum Laker fans, you are starting to slip, or maybe mature, if so, kudos

IMMHOO (in my most humble of opinions) that sh*t is cheap and he deserves to watch game five in street clothes from the locker room.
    I thought about making a thread then decided to wait and see if people would make the same deal about it they made when Kobe apparently had some "dirty plays". Of course ISH let me down....

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I agree. As a ball player, nothing is worse than attacking a player while he is in air. This is why I hate when players undercut another just to try to get draw a charge. It's dangerous as **** and it should be called a tech everytime a player tries to do it. I personally injured my wrist permanently cause some dumb **** wanted to take a charge while I was in the air trying to make a layup. In this case of pushing a guy in the air, it's no doubt a flagrant 2 in my opinion. Had Kobe not retained his balance and body control, he could've been seriously hurt. I've seen a guy pushed mid air and then he got knocked out cold by the way he landed onto concrete. ****ing disgraceful if you ask me.

This happened to me just last night at ball. Ref called nothing too.

Simply said to me, he was standing his ground and it's not a foul. I'm like, I have to have somewhere to land, and he is not standing his ground if he is stepping into the spot where I'm about to land.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Why do people have such a hard time understanding this?

A TRIP IS A REGULAR FOUL, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, AND JONES HAS BEEN CALLED FOR IT COUNTLESS TIMES THIS SEASON.

Why on earth would someone get suspended for a regular foul? You people amaze me.

OH MY GOD AND WE ALL SAW IT TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Why do people have such a hard time understanding this?

A TRIP IS A REGULAR FOUL, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, AND JONES HAS BEEN CALLED FOR IT COUNTLESS TIMES THIS SEASON.

Why on earth would someone get suspended for a regular foul? You people amaze me.
    An ACCIDENTAL trip is a regular foul. Realizing you can't stop someone from getting to the lane and then kicking their feet out from under them is unacceptable. Are you saying that players should be allowed to use their feet to trip players if they can't get to them with their hands and at worse its a personal foul. Are you a denver fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    An ACCIDENTAL trip is a regular foul. Realizing you can't stop someone from getting to the lane and then kicking their feet out from under them is unacceptable. Are you saying that players should be allowed to use their feet to trip players if they can't get to them with their hands and at worse its a personal foul. Are you a denver fan?
    Man, do you not know the rules? A trip is a foul. INTENTIONAL TRIPS EXACTLY LIKE THAT ARE REGULAR FOULS. As I said before, he's done it multiple times before to star players and the refs call it an intentional trip, which is a foul.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people.

Man, do you not know the rules? A trip is a foul. INTENTIONAL TRIPS EXACTLY LIKE THAT ARE REGULAR FOULS. As I said before, he's done it multiple times before to star players and the refs call it an intentional trip, which is a foul.

I'm saying he should be suspended for his shove in Kobe's back in game three. No attempt at the ball. None.

You don't know the rules. Any.. ANY.. foul that comes from a non-basketball play is liable to be called worse than a normal personal foul (intentional or unintentional foul as a result of a basketball play). Kicking someone in the shins or putting your foot under a player so they trip and fall or get hurt is not a basketball play and if the player is deemed to have done it intentionally is grounds for harsher punishment. A vast majority of the times the officials cant see whether it was intentional or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    You don't know the rules. Any.. ANY.. foul that comes from a non-basketball play is liable to be called worse than a normal personal foul (intentional or unintentional foul as a result of a basketball play). Kicking someone in the shins or putting your foot under a player so they trip and fall or get hurt is not a basketball play and if the player is deemed to have done it intentionally is grounds for harsher punishment. A vast majority of the times the officials cant see whether it was intentional or not.
    Man, have you even watched the Nuggets during the regular season? He has 100%, blatantly, obviously, right in front of the refs, tripped star players. It's a regular foul. Shoot free throws if they're in the penalty, take it out on the side if they're not.

Seriously not hard to understand, and he obviously won't be suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I'm saying he should be suspended for his shove in Kobe's back in game three. No attempt at the ball. None.
    I actually think the implications of the trip are a little worse. Here is why... the shove was dangerous no lie... but at least its somewhat understandable that players take intentional fouls to not give a player a layup. In effect Jone's shove was more overzealous and unnecessary than it was a non-basketball play. The trip on the other hand has nothing to do with basketball. And if plays like that are going to be called just personal fouls even if they are intentional then players who cant get to other players with their hands or who want to use another means to hurt and or foul a player without getting caught have the green light to use their feet to trip and kick other players to the floor.

College star

Kobe was asked about it, he said "I just fell on my face for no reason"

LOL best response EVER

I don't believe that you can go from NO CALL to One Game Suspension. Game over GET OVER IT!

Man, have you even watched the Nuggets during the regular season? He has 100%, blatantly, obviously, right in front of the refs, tripped star players. It's a regular foul. Shoot free throws if they're in the penalty, take it out on the side if they're not.

Seriously not hard to understand, and he obviously won't be suspended.
    Leaving your foot in place or even stepping into the path of another player and having their feet trip over yours is a little different than kicking out sideways (not an actual step to the side) to kick a player in the shins and send them to the ground. Want to bet money that the league tacks a flagrant on him?