Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson or Scottie Pippen, who is considered better?

It's Pippen. No matter how you cut it. What does AI do better than Pippen besides score and handle the rock better? He just isn't as versitale. Pippen is an extremley valuable guy. No hate towards AI, he is talented. One of the great talents. But his 50 point games would have meant so much more if they weren't constantly thrown up in an awful 43% shooting clip.

When he haves games that he's shooting47% and higher, he's at his best. Unfourtantley, AI is too inconsistent and how anyone can deny that is laughable. Pippen also led his team(Blazers) to the WCF to be defeated by the eventful Champs(Lakers) I'd take Scottie over AI anyday if I wanted to have more W's in the columns instead of L's. AI is more entertaining to watch though, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    It's Pippen. No matter how you cut it. What does AI do better than Pippen besides score and handle the rock better? He just isn't as versitale. Pippen is an extremley valuable guy. No hate towards AI, he is talented. One of the great talents. But his 50 point games would have meant so much more if they weren't constantly thrown up in an awful 43% shooting clip.

When he haves games that he's shooting47% and higher, he's at his best. Unfourtantley, AI is too inconsistent and how anyone can deny that is laughable. Pippen also led his team(Blazers) to the WCF to be defeated by the eventful Champs(Lakers) I'd take Scottie over AI anyday if I wanted to have more W's in the columns instead of L's. AI is more entertaining to watch though, for what it's worth.
    Pippen was a product of Jordan. Iverson, no matter who he's playing with can drop 30+ on you at will. With 4+ assists and 5+ forced turnovers/steals to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Its Pippen and it isn't really close.
    Co-sign

Iverson is great but come on people...I swear these comparisons are getting worse every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Co-sign

Iverson is great but come on people...I swear these comparisons are getting worse every single day.
    anyone who think scottie is better than AI by long shot is a dumbass, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    Pippen was a product of Jordan. Iverson, no matter who he's playing with can drop 30+ on you at will. With 4+ assists and 5+ forced turnovers/steals to boot.

B/S. Jordan carried them to those rings yeah, but you're telling me Pippen made it to the WCF on that Blazers team because of Jordan? Where was MJ during that time? Must be pretty good to make him while he's not even on the court. People also forget that Pippen led the Bulls after MJs retirement(s). I can pretty much assure you it doesn't go over well when someone says that Shaq made Kobe.

MJ didn't make Scottie. He simply carried him over the hump. Scottie was going to be a great player regardless. You act as if Scottie was Steve Kerr on those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ruslan
    anyone who think scottie is better than AI by long shot is a dumbass, seriously.
    Agreed. It's mostly denial and refusal to accept post-modernism.

Right because your opinion means so much more than everyone elses.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    Agreed. It's mostly denial and refusal to accept post-modernism.
    There a lot of posters here like that who just say if it was in the 1980's or early 90's it had to be better and nothing can ever match that. Allen Iverson is a superior player to Scottie Pippen.

dec 5th, 2007 vs LA, AI dropped 51 on 18-27 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

feb 12th, 2005 vs ORL, AI dropped 60 on 17-36 shooting = 47% w/ 6 assists

dec 23rd, 2005 vs ATL, AI dropped 53 on 17-31 shooting = 54% w/ 5 assists

dec 18th, 2004 vs MIL, AI dropped 54 on 17-29 shooting = 58% w/ 5 assists

dec 20, 2004 vs UTAH, AI dropped 51 on 18-31 shooting = 58% w/ 6 assists

nov 29, 2003 vs ATL, AI dropped 50 on 20-34 shooting = 59% w/ 6 assists

apr 20th, 2003 vs CHA, AI dropped 55 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

jan 15th, 2002 vs HOU, AI dropped 58 on 21-42 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

jan 6th, 2001 vs CLE, AI dropped 54 on 20-30 shooting = 66% w/ 3 assists

jan 21st, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 51 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 4 assists

may 9th, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 54 on 21-39 shooting = 54% w/ 3 assists

may 16, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 52 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 7 assists

feb 6, 2000 vs SAC, AI dropped 50 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

he also dropped 50 on CLE in his rookie season shooting over 50%.....

i dont see anywhere, where he shoots under 45% while scoring 50+. notice how most of the time he has 5+ assists....so what is ur point again?

B/S. Jordan carried them to those rings yeah, but you're telling me Pippen made it to the WCF on that Blazers team because of Jordan? Where was MJ during that time? Must be pretty good to make him while he's not even on the court. People also forget that Pippen led the Bulls after MJs retirement(s). I can pretty much assure you it doesn't go over well when someone says that Shaq made Kobe.

MJ didn't make Scottie. He simply carried him over the hump. Scottie was going to be a great player regardless. You act as if Scottie was Steve Kerr on those teams.

that blazer team had prime rasheed, stoudamire, steve smith, and old sybonis with other talent..dont tell me he carried them... he didnt even avg 20 ppg

dec 5th, 2007 vs LA, AI dropped 51 on 18-27 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

feb 12th, 2005 vs ORL, AI dropped 60 on 17-36 shooting = 47% w/ 6 assists

dec 23rd, 2005 vs ATL, AI dropped 53 on 17-31 shooting = 54% w/ 5 assists

dec 18th, 2004 vs MIL, AI dropped 54 on 17-29 shooting = 58% w/ 5 assists

dec 20, 2004 vs UTAH, AI dropped 51 on 18-31 shooting = 58% w/ 6 assists

nov 29, 2003 vs ATL, AI dropped 50 on 20-34 shooting = 59% w/ 6 assists

apr 20th, 2003 vs CHA, AI dropped 55 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

jan 15th, 2002 vs HOU, AI dropped 58 on 21-42 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

jan 6th, 2001 vs CLE, AI dropped 54 on 20-30 shooting = 66% w/ 3 assists

jan 21st, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 51 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 4 assists

may 9th, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 54 on 21-39 shooting = 54% w/ 3 assists

may 16, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 52 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 7 assists

feb 6, 2000 vs SAC, AI dropped 50 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

he also dropped 50 on CLE in his rookie season shooting over 50%.....

i dont see anywhere, where he shoots under 45% while scoring 50+. notice how most of the time he has 5+ assists....so what is ur point again?

Oh damn. I should have been more specific. You just killed my ass on that without doubt. I guess my point is AI shoots horrible percentages constantly, but he has improved this season. Also, his career FG% is lackluster. I also stated AI is at his best when he shoots 47% or better. But his good shooting games are few and far in between. I could pull those up also but that's not really neccessary.

that blazer team had prime rasheed, stoudamire, steve smith, and old sybonis with other talent..dont tell me he carried them... he didnt even avg 20 ppg
    You're right. Rasheed Wallace was the Captain of that team.

Oh damn. I should have been more specific. You just killed my ass on that without doubt. I guess my point is AI shoots horrible percentages constantly, but he has improved this season. Also, his career FG% is lackluster. I also stated AI is at his best when he shoots 47% or better. But his good shooting games are few and far in between. I could pull those up also but that's not really neccessary.
    dude u said that those 50 point games would mean alot more if they constantly werent thrown up on 43% chip. cant even read what u wrote, or just ignoring it? i know he doesnt have the best shooting % but i gave u evidence that when he scores more = better shooting percentage......seriously

Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    AI's my favorite current player, and I think Pippen is one of the most overrated players ever, but its easily Pippen for me. Pippen versatility and his 6 rings, even if they were with Jordan, put him over AI to me. IMO, AI would benefit ALOT if he had a player like Pippen on his team, who I think would be a perfect fit for him.
    I wish more posters on ISH had the balls to actually accept their favorite player isn't the GOAT and that ISH is a place to discuss basketball, not to defend their mancrush's honor.
    Repped.

Pippen