Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: A Lesson in NBA History: Kobe vs Bran

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    you mean iverson?

and no.. Iverson might've been even more alpha than Kobe.. he wouldve never bitched about that after the game if lue tried to push him off.
    Actually Kobe did bitch about a player not getting suspended back in 07 or 06. It was against the Wolves, i cant remember the scrubs name thou.

Kobe took a shot, then slapped the dude in the face and then got suspended

Afterwards he bitched to the media that they singled him out and was provoked

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

cumguzzy, stfu

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    cumguzzy, stfu
    Cry more about ZVC choking in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Actually Kobe did bitch about a player not getting suspended back in 07 or 06. It was against the Wolves, i cant remember the scrubs name thou.

That wasn't the only guy Kobe smacked in the face. He did serval times that season and claimed that his flailing arm motion "was just a natural basketball motion"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy

haha .. i looked this one up..

link

The NBA is suspending Lakers guard Kobe Bryant for Wednesday night's game at Milwaukee for catching Minnesota Timberwolves guard Marko Jaric in the face Tuesday night.

After getting his shot blocked by Jaric, Bryant flailed his arms and caught Jaric in the face with 58.7 seconds left in regulation Tuesday.

Jaric doesn't think Bryant deserved a suspension:
    "I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

basically Kobe got suspended for something, and the opponent said he didn't deserve it .. while otoh in bron's scenario, the opponent got suspended and bron of course said he did deserve it.

so these situations are literally inverses of one another.. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    That wasn't the only guy Kobe smacked in the face. He did serval times that season and claimed that his flailing arm motion "was just a natural basketball motion"
    He slapped Dwight in the face in the 2009 finals. IIRC after play had stopped too. Remember watching it live.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    haha .. i looked this one up..

link

The NBA is suspending Lakers guard Kobe Bryant for Wednesday night's game at Milwaukee for catching Minnesota Timberwolves guard Marko Jaric in the face Tuesday night.

After getting his shot blocked by Jaric, Bryant flailed his arms and caught Jaric in the face with 58.7 seconds left in regulation Tuesday.

Jaric doesn't think Bryant deserved a suspension:
    "I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

basically Kobe got suspended for something, and the opponent said he didn't deserve it .. while otoh in bron's scenario, the opponent got suspended and bron of course said he did deserve it.

so these situations are literally inverses of one another.. smh

I'm sorry we don't speak 1 mvp in 20 years
    Come back when ur boy has shot 47% for a season.
    Oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He slapped Dwight in the face in the 2009 finals. IIRC after play had stopped too. Remember watching it live.
    Pretty sure he hit a spurs player too and Mike miller as well. 4 smacks to the face atleast.
    The guy is more accurate with his slaps than he is at shooting the basketball daymm

In these series you chose to compare, not even taking into account defense, strength of competition, how he came back from 3-1, or importance of series:

LeBron
    29.7/11.3/8.9/2.6/2.3 on 49.4% 37% 72%

Kobe
    27.4/5/3.7/2/1.3 on 45.3% 34.4% 83.3%

You can cherry pick enough video to prove anything. I can prove Linus Kleiza was a dominant scorer in 2012 or I can make Shaq look like he can't score.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Yep, that's around the time when they coined Kobe "elbows" Bryant

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Definitely not the thread that you guys wanna bump. Lol.

Enjoy the 3rd ring and keep it moving.

bump for this great lesson

tpols hasnt been the same since