Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Who was the better player, Allen Iverson or Chauncey Billups?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Pierce > Dirk

LOL you gotem on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I mean it depends on what you're talking about. Allen Iverson may be more talented but if I'm a GM I'd rather have Chauncey.
    End Thread

1on1 AI all day
    5on5 Billups all day

NBA is 5 on 5. I'll take Billups.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    As an individual player Iverson was the better talent and achieved more individual success. Billups may have been a better fit for his team, and most other teams, but AI was the better basketball player and achieved great individual accomplishments. Also, it took Billups a few years to finally become the player he is today. AI was a top NBA talent the day he stepped onto an NBA court. He played at a higher level than Billups and for longer. That being said, I would still want Billups on my team over AI bc Billups would have been a much easier player to build around and he plays like a true point guard.
    Cant say anything else than this. This is the only answer in it's entirety.

People picking Billups are picking him because its the "basketball expert" thing to do to pick the more traditional/unselfish player. Like those people who pick foreign films over American ones just to seem more sophisticated.

Truth is AI is better. Period. Even looking at just the stats posted. AI has him beat in points, assists, FG%...AI has more accomplishments, better career, and when its all said and done AI will remain legendary and Billups will just be Chauncey, the guy that won finals MVP once. People saying finals MVP > season MVP...so does that mean Tony Parker is better than AI too? Does it mean back in 08 Pierce was better than Kobe?

I never knew basketball snobs existed til i got to ISH and saw some of the stupid $hit people say to try and seem like they "know the game" more than the average fan. Pull out random efficiency stats, pull out whatever, but AI > Billups. Period.

Banned

People need to understand Billups is not a franchise player and he never has been or never will. Billups is probly my top PG I would like to have around my franchise player but no way he comes close to being one.

AI is a differnt story. Yes he is hard to build around, cancer ,etc etc etc some of you might say but come down to it you cannot deny that AI can carry any scrubs to somewhere or even have a shot going deep.

Better player? Allen Iverson....Better leader? Billups...

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    People picking Billups are picking him because its the "basketball expert" thing to do to pick the more traditional/unselfish player. Like those people who pick foreign films over American ones just to seem more sophisticated.

Truth is AI is better. Period. Even looking at just the stats posted. AI has him beat in points, assists, FG%...AI has more accomplishments, better career, and when its all said and done AI will remain legendary and Billups will just be Chauncey, the guy that won finals MVP once. People saying finals MVP > season MVP...so does that mean Tony Parker is better than AI too? Does it mean back in 08 Pierce was better than Kobe?

I never knew basketball snobs existed til i got to ISH and saw some of the stupid $hit people say to try and seem like they "know the game" more than the average fan. Pull out random efficiency stats, pull out whatever, but AI > Billups. Period.

Well said, can't explain it better than this guy here. Repped for a quality post.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    LOL people picking Billups.

Only people picking Billups are probly young kids. AI's impact in BASKETBALL at one point was too much for Billups to even come close.

Feel bad for AI these days. No respect for the Answer
    Well, it's not saying who's made the biggest impact on the sport. It's just asking who do you prefer.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Well, it's not saying who's made the biggest impact on the sport. It's just asking who do you prefer.
    It's asking who's better and AI made a bigger impact on basketball because he's far, far better than Billups.

AI having a bad year and Billups having a good year doesn't negate the rest of their careers.

Is this some kind of joke?
    I've never really liked AI, always thought he was overrated, but he's clearly had the better career.
    You can call him a cancer, ballhog, anything, but he wouldn't have won the MVP had he been that big of a black hole, right?

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    It's asking who's better and AI made a bigger impact on basketball because he's far, far better than Billups.

AI having a bad year and Billups having a good year doesn't negate the rest of their careers.
    You still kinda answered the question everyone else was not supposed to answer try rewording it. Maybe "thus" instead of because. Just saying. I don't mean to come off spiteful or egoistical or anything. You're very right with the second statement, though. However, I still stand by my opinion (not fact). I still feel Chauncey has the better balance of skills and intangibles, which are both equally important parts of being a player. Iverson, however, probably is more gifted in terms of skills.
    Last edited by NotYetGreat; 10-26-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Iverson is a better SG, and prime Billups is a better PG.
    Prime Billups played better winning bball. But Iverson's scoring numbers can't be denied.
    So Iverson overall, but only just. I know I'd prefer prime Billups on my team thats for sure.

No one can honestly say Iverson was a better PG than Billups can they?

Knicks 2010 Champs

AI's too undersized of a SG. It takes a very specific cast to work around him whereas you can insert Billups into any system.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

im just judging it on I'd rather have a guy with a championship ring, and finals MVP then regular season MVP who could never win it all and kills his team with ballhog antics.

National High School Star

Scoring wise, it's AI, no contest.
    Everything else, it's Billups.

I still prefer AI though, Billups has a nickname that he never deserved.