Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bogut officially done for season

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo sports

Michael Lee of The Vertical By Michael Lee of The Vertical
    4 minutes ago

As the Golden State Warriors spent the preseason explaining (and apologizing for) the good fortune (or luck) that contributed to their title run last season, Andrew Bogut provided the response that would become the unofficial theme for their leave-no-doubt season when he declared that he was getting his championship ring fitted for his middle finger.

With the Warriors one victory from completing a historic, brazen run to back-to-back titles, Bogut won’t be around for the possible completion. The Warriors announced on Wednesday that an MRI revealed that Bogut has a multiple bone bruises in the knee and will be out six to eight weeks. The injury will not require surgery.

Bogut was forced to exit Golden State’s 112-97 loss after blocking a J.R. Smith layup and landing awkwardly on his left knee. With the Warriors trailing by three points in the third quarter, Bogut’s leg bent backward and Smith exacerbated the injury by inadvertently rolling into him. After writhing on the floor in pain, Bogut had to be assisted to the locker room, unable to apply pressure on his leg, and did not return.

View photo
    Warriors center Andrew Bogut was injured in the third quarter of Game 5. (AP)

Warriors center Andrew Bogut was injured in the third quarter of Game 5. (AP)
    Already without big man Draymond Green – who was serving a one-game suspension after receiving his fourth flagrant foul of the postseason for swiping at LeBron James’s groin – the Warriors wound up getting outscored 45-33 the rest of the game without one of their best defensive players around to protect the rim.

Bogut has only scored six points in the past four games but has averaged two blocked shots in the Finals, recording five blocks in the Warriors’ 33-point blowout in Game 2 and three more rejections in just eight minutes of Game 5. An 11-year-veteran, Bogut played 70 games this season, the most since his third season in the league. He sustained an adductor injury in the final game of the conference semifinals against Portland but returned to play the next 12 games.

The Warriors managed to get through most of the past two regular seasons without much adversity, aside from coach Steve Kerr missing the first 43 games of this year’s 73-win campaign. But the postseason has included several rounds of setbacks and challenges, beginning with injuries to two-time MVP Stephen Curry and continuing through Green’s suspension and now Bogut’s injury.

Bogut traveled with the team to Cleveland for Thursday’s Game 6 but will have his season end much like last season, when he didn’t see any action in the final two games. Kerr could elect to start backup center Festus Ezeli or could go with the undersized Green to play alongside Andre Iguodala in the front court. Green started at center in the final three wins of last year’s NBA Finals against Cleveland.
    Didnt see anyone posting this, so I may go ahead myself. Its really not surprising at all, but the implication is huge here. This reminds me of when Perkins went down in game 6 2010 NBA Finals. A mighty blow to Warriors season, its hard to recover from this. The Cavs should be the favorite to win it all now, I have them in 7.

Default Re: Bogut officially done for season

Another blow to Steph Carried.

All joking aside doe, the series is already. 0% chance of Cleveland winning both game 6 & 7. GSW are B2B champs and Steph Carried will be given an unearned FMVP.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

I feel bad for Bogs, but it's not like he's having a positive impact (he's a net negative for the series...). It might hurt our depth, but with Dray back and it being game 6 of the finals I'm not worried about that. All in.

I don't like him, But I wish him 100% recovery in his injuries.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

double astericks if Cavs win the series

1 for Green, 1 for Bogut

disgusting

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    double astericks if Cavs win the series

1 for Green, 1 for Bogut

disgusting

Do the Warriors have asterisks for last year's chip?

Quote Originally Posted by dubnation
    I feel bad for Bogs, but it's not like he's having a positive impact (he's a net negative for the series...). It might hurt our depth, but with Dray back and it being game 6 of the finals I'm not worried about that. All in.
    True in a way but with the way bigs are playing, he would be needed esp at home for g7 if it comes down to it. Man, I really hope Green plays amazing tomorrow night!

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25

Do the Warriors have asterisks for last year's chip?

double asterisks

Cavs will lend them Love

So Green at 5? Refs wont have to call two quick fouls anymore.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Time to unleaah Festus

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Another blow to Steph Carried.

All joking aside doe, the series is already. 0% chance of Cleveland winning both game 6 & 7. GSW are B2B champs and Steph Carried will be given an unearned FMVP.
    white trash meltdown

Tbh we are lucky to get as many games out of Bogut as we did...he is always a ticking timebomb

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    double asterisks
    Quadruple asterisks. Kobe's chips has so many asterisks human kind doesn't have a name for such a high number.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Curry carries from the bench...

He is Kerr's face

Anyone have a -/+ when Bogut is on/off the floor in the Finals? He gave some timely blocks, but it seems like the Warriors would be better off most of the tie running Green at center anyway.