Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curry vs. Kyrie

Default Curry vs. Kyrie

Who has played better so far this series? What is working/not working for each? What are we learning about how these two sensational talents match up with and compare to one another?

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Curry vs. Kyrie

Kyrie has outplayed Curry this series. Curry has had 1/2 good games, while Kyrie has had 3. Curry has definitely never taken over a game in this series like Kyrie did last night.

Curry is injured and Kyrie isn't. That is what we have learned.

Curry still attracts a lot of defensive attention though. Credit to him for playing the right way.

Kyrie with last night .

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Curry still attracts a lot of defensive attention though. Credit to him for playing the right way.

The unanimous MVP has been outplayed by the opposing point guard in 2 straight series now. You can make all of the excuses you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that Curry is proving himself to be a fraud and will be 0-22 after the series.

Kyrie. Curry has had one game this series where he's performed to or near his standards. In his 11 finals games he's had maybe 4-5 good performances.

Out of all the shoot first "PG's", I like Irving's game the best because he has an in-between/midrange game. His scoring skillset is superior to guys like Curry or Lillard who are either behind the 3 point line or in the paint.

Irving out played him in the NBA Finals.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Ah, the injury excuse...

Thread: did Kobe overcome the most injuries/set backs out of any all time legend of any sport
    It truly is amazing.

I'm not talking about Kobe either. More so that Kobe fans hype up all these injuries, use them as excuses, Kobe sits out a bit, etc.
    Yet Lebron gets injuries, barely misses any games, and he gets critiqued for faking injuries by Kobe fans.

Bizarre world.
    Thread: 2004 Kobe or 2007 LeBron: worse Finals performance?
    Ah yes, the injury excuse works for Kobe, but not Dwyane Wade.
    Thread: Kobe NOT to have surgery

All I know, if Kobe isn't shooting well (or up to his regular level) throughout two months or so, Kobe fans will have something to blame his poor form on.

You look like a creepy, weird forum stalker with all of those quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    You look like a creepy, weird forum stalker with all of those quotes.
    True.

But, to my defense, I had no idea those quotes existed. Just googled "plowking kobe injury site:www.insidehoops.com" Just for the laughs. Don't worry.

PS: Nothing personal against the guy. I don't even know who he is here (to be fair, I don't most people).
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 06-14-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    True.

But, to my defense, I had no idea those quotes existed. Just googled "plowking kobe injury site:www.insidehoops.com" Just for the laughs. Don't worry.
    The difference? Kobe fans act like Kobe was injured every post season. Talking about a sprained finger, a bruised something, a flare up.

Curry f*cked his knee pretty bad. Widely reported, blatantly visible and we all know what happened.

EDIT: And those first two quotes literally don't say shit. They just point out a double standard, and not that they don't count. More so they only conveniently count in one players favor.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

The difference? Kobe fans act like Kobe was injured every post season. Talking about a sprained finger, a bruised something, a flare up.

Curry f*cked his knee pretty bad. Widely reported, blatantly visible and we all know what happened.
    You hate Kobe.

Just be sincere for once in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    You hate Kobe.

Just be sincere for once in your life.
    No I don't.

I'd probably hate you if I met you though.

Personally, I think no one is 100%. Curry can be worse than others, but the injury did not prevent him for exploding against the Blazer or from scoring 38 against the cavs. I think it puts him in a win-win situation. If he plays well, he's great. If he doesn't, "well, he is injured".

But again. Nothing against you. I respect your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    Personally, I think no one is 100%. Curry can be worse than others, but the injury did not prevent him for exploding against the Blazer or from scoring 38 against the cavs. I think it puts him in a win-win situation. If he plays well, he's great. If he doesn't, "well, he is injured".

But again. Nothing against you. I respect your opinion.
    My point is, this is a guy pulling out of his first Olympics. I imagine this is the highest honor for a lot of these guys. More so than winning a championship with their team. Winning a gold for their country is something I'm sure a lot of them would skip a season to be healthy for.

It doesn't put him in a win-win situation. He is playing like shit, but they are probably playing better with him there than they would without him.

Curry is undoubtedly a better player than Kyrie, but Kyrie may just well be breaking through this series to that next level. Kyrie has honestly been the only fun thing to watch this whole series. This whole playoffs has been extremely underwhelming for me aside from the OKC series. Hoping for a game 7 for some excitement, and for Curry to finally start playing.