Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default Stephen Curry's case for GOAT

Does Steph Curry have what it takes to be called the greatest?

He's already the greatest shooter of all time, so what does he need to accomplish in order to become THE greatest?

Does he have the potential? I think so.

This guy is the complete package at point guard.
    He has amazing dribbles, amazing court vision, hes a floor general, he can defend, he's a smart player, he can finish at the rim.
    That's without bringing in to consideration that he has the deadliest jumpshot in the history of the sport.

A lot of people don't realize that when teams play the Warriors the plan is to guard Curry from half court.
    Team's have it in their gameplan to stop this guy from shooting 3s, and he still goes out and drains them.

He's like a machine.
    Team's these days like to play a zone defense and this guy just destroys every defense he comes up against with his 3 point shot.

If you sag off him he will punish you for 3 points, and if you get too close he will blow past you and create something for himself or his teammates.

This guy is one of a kind.

When somebody asks "Who are the greatest shooters ever?", 2 names come up.

Reggie Miller and Ray Allen.
    Both great players, but we can all agree that these guys in their primes aren't touching Steph Curry.

What boggles me is that Steph Curry is not only a better shooter than they are which is amazing in itself, but at the same time he has all these other skills that they lacked.

Reggie Miller and Ray Allen couldn't be the floor generals of their team, even in their prime.
    They were scorers.

Then you start thinking a bit more, well, who's the best point guard shooter ever?
    Steve Nash.

At this point in Stephen Curry's career we can say that he is the better player.
    He is a better shooter, a better dribbler, and a better defender.

So who's left?
    Larry Bird.

I'm not going to get in to that.
    All i'm going to say is that Larry Bird is in most people's top 10 lists and Steph Curry is going to be on his level after this year's championship.

Sit back and watch boys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Stephen Curry's case for GOAT

He's already unstoppable and he keeps getting better year after year. No one predicted him to come as far as he has already so no one really knows how far he will go.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

No case.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    All i'm going to say is that Larry Bird is in most people's top 10 lists and Steph Curry is going to be on his level after this year's championship.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    He's already unstoppable and he keeps getting better year after year. No one predicted him to come as far as he has already so no one really knows how far he will go.
    Yeah the guy used to be injury prone but everybody knew he was going to be special just from the flashes he showed when he was healthy.
    The only reason the Warriors kept Monta Ellis around for so long was because of Steph Curry's ankles but as soon as Steph got healthy they got rid of Ellis.

Banned

Maybe if he was the GOAT defender he'd have a case

Are you serious? ...Like, are you actually serious? The only reason I ask is because you actually put so much effort into this. It's making me worry.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Are you serious? ...Like, are you actually serious? The only reason I ask is because you actually put so much effort into this. It's making me worry.
    Your username is "Rocketswin2013".

You should know how good he is considering how he's shoving his foot up your team's ass.

Decent college freshman

These threads. Come on yall.

You should know how good he is considering how he's shoving his foot up your team's ass.
    ...It's a team. Not anything personal against me..

Curry could drop 60 every game on the Rockets from here on out. Nothing would change. He wouldn't be GOAT, I'd still be Rockets fan with this username, and you'd still be ****ing idiot prone to meltdown diatribes and shit-threads.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    ...It's a team. Not anything personal against me..

Curry could drop 60 every game on the Rockets from here on out. Nothing would change. He wouldn't be GOAT, I'd still be Rockets fan with this username, and you'd still be ****ing idiot prone to meltdown diatribes and shit-threads.
    You seem mad. I understand, you don't want anybody praising the guy murdering your team in cold blood.

Last edited by LosBulls; 05-23-2015 at 07:18 PM.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

There are 5 players in the league right now that I'd take over him. **** outta here. The guy's a good player, but you're doing him no favors by overrating him like this.

BTW, Bird was better than Curry at everything. By a sizable margin too.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    There are 5 players in the league right now that I'd take over him. **** outta here. The guy's a good player, but you're doing him no favors by overrating him like this.

BTW, Bird was better than Curry at everything. By a sizable margin too.
    Name em. And you better not say James Harden,Blake Griffin, or Chris Paul.

NBA lottery pick

He is definitely the cutest player in NBA history. Does that count?