Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Local High School Star

Default Re: peak Bird vs peak Lebron

It's close in terms of overall ability and under that consideration Lebron is better. Bird's skillset/game is superior with regards to maximizing team play. It's pretty much the same argument why I'd take peak Bird over any version of Jordan. Same applies to Bird over Lebron.

Bird wouldn't have struggled trying to fit his game with DWade's his first year playing with him.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: peak Bird vs peak Lebron

Peak vs Peak
    Bird's three year peak was among the best in the game. Lebron is just starting to peak or could be in his second year? I have Bird ahead in peak vs peak by a slight margin. But I already have Lebron ahead in prime vs prime.

On passing its very close, primarily because of Lebron's speed and ability to play a much faster game. A guy making split second decision passes is operating at a higher level. Most of us can drive a car fast, but a race car driver that doesn't make great split decisions won't finish the race - so its definitely a factor. Lebron and Wade are the greatest passing duo ever - they have a super low risk factor despite aggressive play. And Lebron is one of a few that can make cross court passes consistently - not a big factor but a small one worth noting. Both are at elite levels. To close to call.

IMO, Lebron would have outplayed Bird. I'm basing that on James Worthy's play vs Bird in their day. Bird outplayed James but they were close in play. Worthy's main attribute was speed. He was pretty much a one dimensional player without the speed, strength, coordination, penetrating, versatility, quickness of thought, passing, rebounding, defending, instincts or even scoring ability that Lebron had.