Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

what an idiot...

Wait so he met this chick online and formed a "relationship". Never met her or anything. Just communicated via twitter? You're an All American college football player at Notre Dame a popular school. First rd draft pick. You got many females at your fingetips yet you choose an anonymous chick as your girl?

I'm totally lost on this because he is saying on espn.com that he was tricked. Kinda like people are online when trying to date people they never met in person. And then they find out its not a female or the female is someone totally different than their pictures. Those stories should never ever involved a big name college football player.

There was a movie or documentary of some guy meeting a chick off facebook and finding out she wasnt who she claimed she was. Swordfish? I forget, spooky, creepy shyt like this.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Yeah and a lot of news outlets reported that they met after the ND-Stanford game in person why would media report that? Why would Manti allow it to be reported if it was completely false?
    the theories I ma reading on this is that he told others that he met her in person because he was too embarrassed to say they had never met.

man...sigh...you can't have a "girlfriend" you have never met...much less a "love of your life"

this is just like when a kid lies about losing his virginity to someone out of town so that he doesn't have to tell people he is a virgin lol...only this is on a much bigger scale obviously

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

They making him out to be a full fledged victim right now. Some real stupid shit..

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Yeah, no. This quote has been making its rounds:

Pretty pathetic of him. Hopefully he doesn't get a pass/this doesn't just die down without resolution.
    Not to mention he said they "locked eyes" after the Stanford game.

Banned

If only he had won the Heisman and the NC .... peoples' heads would be exploding right now .....

Would've been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wait so he met this chick online and formed a "relationship". Never met her or anything. Just communicated via twitter? You're an All American college football player at Notre Dame a popular school. First rd draft pick. You got many females at your fingetips yet you choose an anonymous chick as your girl?

I'm totally lost on this because he is saying on espn.com that he was tricked. Kinda like people are online when trying to date people they never met in person. And then they find out its not a female or the female is someone totally different than their pictures. Those stories should never ever involved a big name college football player.

There was a movie or documentary of some guy meeting a chick off facebook and finding out she wasnt who she claimed she was. Swordfish? I forget, spooky, creepy shyt like this.
    Catfish.

And its obvious the dude is trying to spin his way out of this epic shithole he created... Yea man, you were "tricked" alright. The guy created a fake girlfriend complete w/ her own life story and death, and actually expressed his enormous lie to the national media...

Who would have guessed one of the more prominent Mormons (or Hawaiians) in the country would get stopped by a missing birth certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Catfish. Now Mtv has a show based off the documentary.

Crazy, just heard about him and this situation and came to ISH to find out the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Who would have guessed one of the more prominent Mormons (or Hawaiians) in the country would get stopped by a missing birth certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    some of the posts in here are lolzy

I'm going to be a straight shooter with you guys. This doesn't look good for Manti and his family.
    Keyser Soze?
    Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI
    Te'o in that Rome interview: "I can't describe her. She was my best friend whom I fell in love with."

The plot thickens..

If this "I got tricked" thing is a lie too.... whoo this kid is gonna get it. In the interview it seems like he was saying they met in person.

this is never going to go away for him...he is going to hear about this his all through the NFL, and his entire life.

there is nothing he can do to make this go away...

If he did get duped I kind of feel bad for him, even though he is a big MLB, he is still a youngster...he brought this on himself though, he could have told the media the truth from the get go...

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Yeah and a lot of news outlets reported that they met after the ND-Stanford game in person why would media report that? Why would Manti allow it to be reported if it was completely false?
    Can u find these man?

Me thinks Manti Te’o should have kept his mouth closed for a while longer other than to say no comment. This is going to get weirder