Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: FIRE Erik Spoelstra!

Spo just need them to get a good offensive set. If he can't do it then get another coach.

Wait a few more games. Like 10+

Banned

Yall really need to Fan Up. Give him 15 games at least.

Banned

I want Riley back. Spo is wasting all the talent on the team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Miami's problems go deeper than their coach. Bringing Riley back won't solve their problem.

Their biggest problem is: there is only one basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Miami's problems go deeper than their coach. Bringing Riley back won't solve their problem.

agree.

also Riley will not want to tarnish his legacy by coaching this mess of a team. it's disappointing that they can't come together and play good basketball.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Oh wait, i thought it was our lack of a real center ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    Oh wait, i thought it was our lack of a real center ?
    Nah, that's just one of the other problems. Plenty of teams can win without a real center.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Bah. They need ball movement. They cannot have ball movement when they are running isos all the damn time. The reason why they are running isos all the damn time is because the damn coach don't have a damn offensive playbook. Which cause their damn half court offense to suck. Dammit.

Look at Phil Jackson and the triangle. HIS playbook not only give the Lakers multiple options, it cause them to be ready for the rebound.

One of the reasons why the Cavs failed is because their half court offensive suck with LBJ playing 1 on 5.

One of the reasons why the Heat sucks is because they don't have a offense either.

Indeed, they need a more bigs, but some of the games that they lost were caused more but paint D, lack of polish offense, and luck by the other team (Utah). They are capable enough to fix that if they made a few changes and if they get their egos in check.

They also need to fed Bosh more.

Good college starter

I disagree strongly on this. The Great coaches Phil,Riley,Red, KC Jones, they are great manergers of Men. They get the respect of there players and know how to use each players strengths. I look at Spo and even Crazy SVG and they just dont look like they are in charge. As a Wizzard fan I see the same thing in Flip. Look at the respect the Celtics have in there eyes in there body vibe for DOc as opposed to SVG and Spo. Coaching is more than X's and O's I think Spo would make a very good assistant just not a head especially with 2 of maybe the at least 20 greatest players of all time. Maybe this is the time to get Bill Lambieer out the WNBA and into the NBA. OR RIley should look into Michael Cooper, I wold love to see Kenny Smith on the sideline. This team needs someone who they respect not the lil kid that worked his way up and got a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    I disagree strongly on this. The Great coaches Phil,Riley,Red, KC Jones, they are great manergers of Men. They get the respect of there players and know how to use each players strengths. I look at Spo and even Crazy SVG and they just dont look like they are in charge. As a Wizzard fan I see the same thing in Flip. Look at the respect the Celtics have in there eyes in there body vibe for DOc as opposed to SVG and Spo. Coaching is more than X's and O's I think Spo would make a very good assistant just not a head especially with 2 of maybe the at least 20 greatest players of all time. Maybe this is the time to get Bill Lambieer out the WNBA and into the NBA. OR RIley should look into Michael Cooper, I wold love to see Kenny Smith on the sideline. This team needs someone who they respect not the lil kid that worked his way up and got a shot.
    Laimbeer is an assistant for Minny.

None of the guys you are naming has ever had to coach 2 players who are the 2 most ball dominant players in the game. The fact is, their abilities are redundant. Wade and Lebron are both ball dominant wingmen. There just is no way to get them to adhere to a normal offensive system, without each of them sacrificing, which I don't think they are willing to do.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Bah. They need ball movement. They cannot have ball movement when they are running isos all the damn time. The reason why they are running isos all the damn time is because the damn coach don't have a damn offensive playbook. Which cause their damn half court offense to suck. Dammit.

Look at Phil Jackson and the triangle. HIS playbook not only give the Lakers multiple options, it cause them to be ready for the rebound.

One of the reasons why the Cavs failed is because their half court offensive suck with LBJ playing 1 on 5.

One of the reasons why the Heat sucks is because they don't have a offense either.

Indeed, they need a more bigs, but some of the games that they lost were caused more but paint D, lack of polish offense, and luck by the other team (Utah). They are capable enough to fix that if they made a few changes and if they get their egos in check.

They also need to fed Bosh more.

ITs funny how the causual fan is always so fast to point to ego's if a team or player is struggling. IT has nothing to do with ego's and a lot to do with missing parts to the puzzle.
    1 I agree they need a coach that can look each in the eye and say son you need to step up. Dont see that in Spo
    2 They need clutch 3pt shooting things might improve when Miller gets back. Neither Wade or James are spot up shiooters so teams can just sit back and play zone.
    3 Bosh is not a big time rebounder which slows down the Heat from being able to get out on the break.
    4 James is not a true PG maybe the best non- passing guard since Bird but being a good passer and a good PG are as different as being model and dressing up as one.
    5 Everyone knew it would take time for this to work. The expectations of them winning 70 games was silly. This is still a team that no one wants to see in the playoffs. One of the 3 needs to be the KG of this team Ive only seen them play 2 times but it seems like neither of the 3 wants to be "The Vocal" leader every championship team has that which is why the MAvs will never win or any Steve nash lead team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend

Seriously this team isn't that good. They play garbage basketball. I am in no way trolling about the individual players but the team as a whole has been pathetic.

Do you think Riley is really coming out of retirement to coach this mess?
    That's really sad if they are making public service announcments like that just to get people in the seats.

Good college starter

None of the guys you are naming has ever had to coach 2 players who are the 2 most ball dominant players in the game. The fact is, their abilities are redundant. Wade and Lebron are both ball dominant wingmen. There just is no way to get them to adhere to a normal offensive system, without each of them sacrificing, which I don't think they are willing to do.

Somehow for some reason they did it for Coach K in the Onlympics ? Funny how soon we forget. BUt one thing the guys I mentioned do have they played with a superstar they understand how superstars think. IF Lambieer can look Isiah in the eyes and say get me the ball he will have no problem telling Lebron to pass the ball same with Michael Cooper. BOth are very unselfish ball players. But until Bosh steps his game up and begins to get more active in the paint this team will have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    Somehow for some reason they did it for Coach K in the Onlympics ? Funny how soon we forget. BUt one thing the guys I mentioned do have they played with a superstar they understand how superstars think. IF Lambieer can look Isiah in the eyes and say get me the ball he will have no problem telling Lebron to pass the ball same with Michael Cooper. BOth are very unselfish ball players. But until Bosh steps his game up and begins to get more active in the paint this team will have problems.
    Olympics are 2 weeks. All the players drop their egos for that, because it doesn't really count.

NBA season is long. Let's see Coach K get these guys to share the ball for 6 months.