Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Default Re: The best 11 year old basketball player in the world

That kid is really short for a 5th grader... Really though they showed nothing of substance in this video, I bet most people on this forum can dribble between their legs, big deal, what's that gonna do for him in a game? Let's see him do a crossover and a pass behind the back or something, seriously the stuff shown in this video displays almost no real basketball skill, other than worthless dribbling tricks.

Ever seen the video of Iverson playing at 14? Way better than this kid, but for what's shown in this video he might make a better juggler than a basketball player.
    Last edited by Geandily; 01-29-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily
    That kid is really short for a 5th grader... Really though they showed nothing of substance in this video, I bet most people on this forum can dribble between their legs, big deal, what's that gonna do for him in a game? Let's see him do a crossover and a pass behind the back or something, seriously the stuff shown in this video displays almost no real basketball skill, other than worthless dribbling tricks.

Ever seen the video of Iverson playing at 14? Way better than this kid, but for what's shown in this video he might make a better juggler than a basketball player.
    Did you saw him shooting???? Pretty good for his size.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i think his dad wants this kid to become a prof and2 ball player kid has a chance

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Damn good for an 11 year old. Hope he sticks with it and chases his dream.

Seems like pretty good skills. Hopefully it all plays out properly for him.

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Damn good for an 11 year old. Hope he sticks with it and chases his dream.
    his parent's dreams

good luck to the kid, bt i am tired of stuff like this getting so much hype and not working out

Decent playground baller NotWorthy's Avatar

Its funny how when you are 13, 14, 15, 16 you hold young kids up to such high standards because you have temporary amnesia and forget what its like to be a baby, and are totally focused on yourself. Then when you are older everything kids do is mind-blowingly amazing and cute. So if you are < 16 Geandily we'll cut you some slack. Otherwise lighten up and give this kid some cred

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly
    Why lie? Why hate? You must play for the Alaska Stars. What grade are you in? Because the 6th grade Alaska stars got beat by over 30 points and he embarrissed you guys. The video of the game is up on Jashauns Youtube page. You must be ashamed to have gotten beat badly by a 5th grade team and lead by a 4ft 9 10 yr old at the time.

And you say that his dad is 5ft 8 but in the Seattle Times they clearly say he is 6ft 1. Why lie? What is your purpose? To bash a kid that is better than you?

If you are on the 7th grade Alaska Stars....then you really shouldn't be talking. Because Jashaun doesn't start on that team. He comes off the bench. Jashauns big brother mike starts on the 7th grade team that also dominated you guys. Either way, the Alaska Stars had no chance against Jashauns 5th grade team and his 7th grade team. What is sad is that Jashuans Dad went to East Anchorage High School in Anchorage, Ak...he played with Trajon Langdon and yet you hate on his son. The 11 yr old Phenom. Get a life kid. And please stop hating. Jashaun deserves every bit of national attention he is getting. Its clear from what I have wittnessed in person...He is all that and his work ethic is supreme. And from all the news paper articles...he pushes himself...not his dad pushing him. Hard to believe in this day an age...but thats what makes him even more special in school and in sports.

http://www.bballspotlight.com/
    He's a fine player, and yes Im on the 7th grade version of Alaska STARS. First of all, the 6th grade version of stars is not good at all. As for his older brother "tearing" anyone up, thats not true at all. The best player on that team is white, which is in no way targeting his race, but saying that he cannot be the older brother of this kid because he's a caucasian. The newspaper can say all it wants, I've stood next to and spoken with the man, which is at least an inch shorter then me, and I was merely 5'9 at the time.

Also, the STARs haven't visited Seattle this year fully manned, merely taking in subs from the other teams. Our real team has missed our star PGs, and our tallest player. We'll be back sometime with a real team, and tear up the "washington warriors"

Do not compare a young team with an experienced one. His team may be all fine and dandy, except when they got torn up by ICP 69 to 39 points? Yeah. STARs may have blown it, but don't act as if this kid is a god and cannot lose. No he didn't average 20 points a game vs 12 year olds, because he doesn't average 20 points a game against his own division. He'll get the fast break layup here and there, but his jumpshot is not consistent. Or perhaps I can bring up the 52-28 loss to Jammin United. If he's so great, why these blowouts. and yes this is the 6th grade division. http://www.alaskastars.org/docs/07_thx_6th.pdf

There's the 6th grade standings for the Thanksgiving tournament. I can't at this time find the most recent tournament where STARS participated. I'm interested to see your team, by the way, since obviously the amount of trash you talk you have to be on a damned fine team, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly
    Why lie? Why hate? You must play for the Alaska Stars. What grade are you in? Because the 6th grade Alaska stars got beat by over 30 points and he embarrissed you guys. The video of the game is up on Jashauns Youtube page. You must be ashamed to have gotten beat badly by a 5th grade team and lead by a 4ft 9 10 yr old at the time.

And you say that his dad is 5ft 8 but in the Seattle Times they clearly say he is 6ft 1. Why lie? What is your purpose? To bash a kid that is better than you?

If you are on the 7th grade Alaska Stars....then you really shouldn't be talking. Because Jashaun doesn't start on that team. He comes off the bench. Jashauns big brother mike starts on the 7th grade team that also dominated you guys. Either way, the Alaska Stars had no chance against Jashauns 5th grade team and his 7th grade team. What is sad is that Jashuans Dad went to East Anchorage High School in Anchorage, Ak...he played with Trajon Langdon and yet you hate on his son. The 11 yr old Phenom. Get a life kid. And please stop hating. Jashaun deserves every bit of national attention he is getting. Its clear from what I have wittnessed in person...He is all that and his work ethic is supreme. And from all the news paper articles...he pushes himself...not his dad pushing him. Hard to believe in this day an age...but thats what makes him even more special in school and in sports.

http://www.bballspotlight.com/
    He's a fine player, and yes Im on the 7th grade version of Alaska STARS. First of all, the 6th grade version of stars is not good at all. As for his older brother "tearing" anyone up, thats not true at all. The best player on that team is white, which is in no way targeting his race, but saying that he cannot be the older brother of this kid because he's a caucasian. The newspaper can say all it wants, I've stood next to and spoken with the man, which is at least an inch shorter then me, and I was merely 5'9 at the time.

Also, the STARs haven't visited Seattle this year fully manned, merely taking in subs from the other teams. Our real team has missed our star PGs, and our tallest player. We'll be back sometime with a real team, and tear up the "washington warriors"

Do not compare a young team with an experienced one. His team may be all fine and dandy, except when they got torn up by ICP 69 to 39 points? Yeah. STARs may have blown it, but don't act as if this kid is a god and cannot lose. No he didn't average 20 points a game vs 12 year olds, because he doesn't average 20 points a game against his own division. He'll get the fast break layup here and there, but his jumpshot is not consistent. Or perhaps I can bring up the 52-28 loss to Jammin United. If he's so great, why these blowouts. and yes this is the 6th grade division. http://www.alaskastars.org/docs/07_thx_6th.pdf

There's the 6th grade standings for the Thanksgiving tournament. I can't at this time find the most recent tournament where STARS participated. I'm interested to see your team, by the way, since obviously the amount of trash you talk you have to be on a damned fine team, correct?

Finally, the 7th grade Washington Warriors only beat us by 4 points, and that was on a lucky bank go ahead three pointer. That doesn't much sound like the definition of "Dominated"
    Last edited by K.Koscik; 02-25-2008 at 01:00 AM.

No Pun Intended ryantheporchkid's Avatar

Can I see the video of Iverson. Can't find it on youtube.

Saw a basketball once

I admire the relationship between father and son and I would assume these replies are coming from the dad. Unfortunately not every son has a father to videotape their workouts and games and showcase them on the internet, TV etc. Your son is very lucky to have you. However I do have to say that in my opinion you seem to go overboard. I have 3 boys and yes they play competitive AAU and 2 of the 3 played against kids 2 years older than them but really that doesn't say ALOT because some teams are underdeveloped and are basically rec teams or the JV team in comparison to the Varsity A or B team. My question to the dad is this: Did you say your son has a 32 inch vertical? I highly doubt that because then he would be coming down slamming it in the rim and the videos definitely don't show any things like that. I never like to bragg about my boys because it can come back to bite me and I don't like to look like a liar. Now i am not sayin this about you but this is just my opinion. Now to be frank my youngest son could dunk at age 13 but I never gleamed about it on any message board because karma can come back to bite you and I believe that God put us on this earth to be humble.

Learning to shoot layups Suns520's Avatar

that kid might be the only midget to play in the NBA

What's the link to this kid's myspace page? He's got LBJ V's with his name and number on them, and it's ridicolous how detailed and professional-looking his page is.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Like I've said numerous times...everyone and anyone can have a highlight reel. Only thing impressive to me is his mile time.
    c'mon don't h ate on him. I coach kids around his age (a little older actually)..his skillset is very impressive.