Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Is it just because im generally unimpressed with Bosh or would a lot of you....

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Logic

Regardless of whether they were available, the Heat need somebody like Noah, Kaman, Miller or Robin Lopez. Or Howard. He'd do.
    But in the real world they were not available, so we took on a top 5 power forward - who has played 3 games for us and is being canned.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Is it just because im generally unimpressed with Bosh or would a lot of you....

Quote Originally Posted by T_Element
    Bosh does take a while to score but he is a slightly better scorer, much better rebounder and better defender than amare overall. However on this miami team I think Amare would be a better fit because of all the easy looks he could get from ducks and cuts to the basket.

However amare thinks hes better than he is...which could be an issue
    Amar'e has had his past issues with injuries... and is older... also he did not like the fact Phoenix was not seen as "his team... the Heat would have been even less so.

For a multi-year contract with those kind of numbers Miami felt Bosh the better bet.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    But in the real world they were not available, so we took on a top 5 power forward - who has played 3 games for us and is being canned.
    People seem to forget not a lot of quality centers (or point guards) in this free agency class. Bosh was the best option at pf as LeBron was at sf and DWade was at sg. I forget who got all three. Those other needs will have to be dealt with later on in trades... or next season anyway.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I suppose if Heat fans are entitled to speculate whether they'll win 7 rings in a row, or only 6, I'm entitled to an opinion about what kind of player would fit best with their two best players.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Geezer's Avatar

Amare is a ball stopper that would disrupt any sort of flow between the other stars, he doesn't have the personality to defer AT ALL, Bosh is a better fit for what the Heat are trying to do

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

There are hardly any great big-men in the league right now.

The Center position is the worst it's been in years. You could average 15/10 at Center and be a top 10 center or even top 5.

PF who in the free agent class would you take other than Bosh or Amare? Bosh at the time also seemed to be a better fit with Wade than Amare, when the deal was made.

The heat got 3 of the top 4 free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    Amare is a ball stopper that would disrupt any sort of flow between the other stars, he doesn't have the personality to defer AT ALL, Bosh is a better fit for what the Heat are trying to do
    Excuse me, but when has Amare been a ball stopper?

He makes very quick decisions with the ball. Amare may decide to shoot, but it will not be a slow decision like that of Chris Bosh these last few games.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Offensively Amare would have an edge as he plays a more physical inside player than Bosh. It would help the Heat get easier shots inside.

However Bosh is a better defender, rebounder and passer. He's probably a better fit for the Heat all things considered.

Plus all 3 of these guys like eachother and are friends off the court. That had to be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Logic
    I suppose if Heat fans are entitled to speculate whether they'll win 7 rings in a row, or only 6, I'm entitled to an opinion about what kind of player would fit best with their two best players.
    No one said you weren't entitled to an opinion, but yours is totally hypothetical as the players you deemed best fit were not available, so we had to take Bosh. We aren't gonna say no to an allstar 4 because he doesnt fit perfectly.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Geezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Excuse me, but when has Amare been a ball stopper?

He makes very quick decisions with the ball. Amare may decide to shoot, but it will not be a slow decision like that of Chris Bosh these last few games.
    Yeah, he will decide to shoot very quickly about 90% of the time

Banned

Miami doesn't need another scoring option
    Lebron and Wade are enough to beat any team any day
    what they need is defense/rebound
    and Amara doesn't play both (well)

Miami tactic is to let Lebron and Wade drop shot after shot
    and then just play terrific D
    Bosh is a better fit for Miami
    he's not the best defender and rebounder in the league
    but he can still improve
    i think if Miami trainers make Bosh gain weight and add muscle to his physique, he will improve more on his defending
    he also need someone to toughen up his mentality
    a coach that will teach him to be a bruiser
    Dwight is trying to learn finesse, so i think Bosh should learn the opposite

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Bosh is overrated.

He is soft and has little defensive ability and has inflated stats because he was on the Raptors.