Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Biased Troll

Default Re: Name the guys on your team you would NOT trade for kobe right now

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    plz stop trolling theres no need for this kind of bs

Umm, so give up a defensive stud and efficient offensive player, plus take the ball out of Rose's hands more, just so you can say you have a famous selfish chucking aging two guard desperate to be the hero and get all the credit in every game?

This is what I hate about this board. People who are too lazy and stupid to update their opinions based on what's going on now, so they just spew the traditional "general consensus" even when it's long been outdated.

Kobe's individual scoring talents made him overrated as an overall team basketball player even at his peak. If he wasn't lucky enough to play for a top 3 organization in sports who shelled out payroll and scouted great talent, he'd basically have been Tmac. But now, as he's getting older, he's declining fast yet his stans don't see it, and many of them insist he's a top 3 player

The Bulls had the best record in the league last year and upgraded at the two guard spot and are in the mix to challenge Miami. They're gonna risk that chemistry just so that Kobe can steal the ball from Derrick Rose and go 7 for 28 against Wade in a series vs the Heat? Gimme a break.

Decent college freshman

y'all underrate kobe . . . he's still got it

i wouldn't trade melo

i would trade amare

tyson is a tough call because he brings something completely different than kobe but also completely necessary.

Decent playground baller crawdaddy4ou's Avatar

I couldn't see Presti trading anything for Kobe that could make the Thunder better. I know you were just talking player for player, but seriously money for money, wouldn't happen with a young contender.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Umm, so give up a defensive stud and efficient offensive player, plus take the ball out of Rose's hands more, just so you can say you have a famous selfish chucking aging two guard desperate to be the hero and get all the credit in every game?

This is what I hate about this board. People who are too lazy and stupid to update their opinions based on what's going on now, so they just spew the traditional "general consensus" even when it's long been outdated.

Kobe's individual scoring talents made him overrated as an overall team basketball player even at his peak. If he wasn't lucky enough to play for a top 3 organization in sports who shelled out payroll and scouted great talent, he'd basically have been Tmac. But now, as he's getting older, he's declining fast yet his stans don't see it, and many of them insist he's a top 3 player

The Bulls had the best record in the league last year and upgraded at the two guard spot and are in the mix to challenge Miami. They're gonna risk that chemistry just so that Kobe can steal the ball from Derrick Rose and go 7 for 28 against Wade in a series vs the Heat? Gimme a break.
    i dont want to dissect every part of this blatant trolling and hatred, so ill just pick 1 part

if kobe goes 7/28 so much then why is he a career 45% shooter? If deng is so efficient then why is he a 47% for his career?

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor

For all this talk of how much kobe is declining - his current stats on espn.com are identical to his stats in the 2001-2002 season (when many say he was at his peak)

My problem with putting kobe on the bulls is I just don't know how the chemistry with Kobe and Rose would work, Rose is a guy who constantly needs the ball in his hands (which is also true with kobe)

truth be told, I think I'd rather have ray allen on the bulls than kobe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117
    For all this talk of how much kobe is declining - his current stats on espn.com are identical to his stats in the 2001-2002 season (when many say he was at his peak)

My problem with putting kobe on the bulls is I just don't know how the chemistry with Kobe and Rose would work, Rose is a guy who constantly needs the ball in his hands (which is also true with kobe)

truth be told, I think I'd rather have ray allen on the bulls than kobe
    this is the only case that can be made, chemistry stuff.. not basketball skill wise... but like wade and bron figured it out i think u gotta take the best players u can get and work it out.. im sure rose and kobe would figure it out.. i mean what deng gets 12 shots a game vs kobes 18? and they hvae a scrubby ass SG so the SGs shots and Dengs shots go to kobe and then rose creates easy baskets for him... that would be a great 1-2.

this is the only case that can be made, chemistry stuff.. not basketball skill wise... but like wade and bron figured it out i think u gotta take the best players u can get and work it out.. im sure rose and kobe would figure it out.. i mean what deng gets 12 shots a game vs kobes 18? and they hvae a scrubby ass SG so the SGs shots and Dengs shots go to kobe and then rose creates easy baskets for him... that would be a great 1-2.

As much as I love deng, he's just not a guy who can get his own shot consistently. He's a system player who needs things to run smoothly in order to get his offense

Rose and Kobe are both guys who you can throw the ball and they can get points in isolation situations (which you need on nights where your offensive scheme just isn't working that well)

It's just a very tough call. The age difference (26 to 33) is huge - Kobe's got no more than maybe 2-3 years of really dominant prime basketball left in him... Deng will hit his prime in 2 years and likely play great ball for 5-6 more years. Do I sacrifice an awesome 2 way player who hasn't even hit his prime yet who could be here for 10 more years for a guy who could retire in 3-4???

Banned

Which is why I said Deng in the first place. I don't care how good Kobe is, Deng and Rose have tight chemistry....he is Rose's pippen. I just don't know how a Rose-Kobe duo would work. Even Kobe himself demanded to play with Deng if he played in chicago.

Banned

As much as I love deng, he's just not a guy who can get his own shot consistently. He's a system player who needs things to run smoothly in order to get his offense

Rose and Kobe are both guys who you can throw the ball and they can get points in isolation situations (which you need on nights where your offensive scheme just isn't working that well)

It's just a very tough call. The age difference (26 to 33) is huge - Kobe's got no more than maybe 2-3 years of really dominant prime basketball left in him... Deng will hit his prime in 2 years and likely play great ball for 5-6 more years
    the question is what is great ball? deng scoring 18 pts on 46%? Kobe can do that for 5 more years w/ rose creating for him. easily. Kobe can do much better than that the first 2-3 years. So its just obvious for me...

I think the best way to look at fair trade value here is to put yourself in the lakers position. Would they even CONSIDER giving up Kobe for Deng to build for the future? No way! So obviously theres gotta be some crazy talk going on if a bulls fan hesitates even for a minute

Banned

Kobe can't carry a team without another legitimate all-star. Don't you guys remember 2005-2007? He missed the playoffs once and got bounced out twice by the Suns. Kobe is an overly glorified Paul Pierce. He went no way and asked to be traded.

So to answer your question, I wouldn't trade him for any team's best player (and definitely not if it's a big man).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by onhcetum
    Kobe can't carry a team without another legitimate all-star. Don't you guys remember 2005-2007? He missed the playoffs once and got bounced out twice by the Suns. Kobe is an overly glorified Paul Pierce. He went no way and asked to be traded.

So to answer your question, I wouldn't trade him for any team's best player (and definitely not if it's a big man).
    how many players could get past the suns with that team? name them. The cast was

Kwame brown, smush parker, luke walton, lamar odom, chris mihm

the question is what is great ball? deng scoring 18 pts on 46%? Kobe can do that for 5 more years w/ rose creating for him. easily. Kobe can do much better than that the first 2-3 years. So its just obvious for me...
    5 more years?? Kobe will be 38 in 5 more years and that's not regular old 38, that's 38 when he started playing at around the age of 18 or so (plus all the games as a result of going to the playoffs nearly every year)

He only scored 22 points per game last season in the NBA playoffs and his athleticism will take a very big hit as time goes in the next few years...how sure can you really be that he's gonna be that productive 3 years from now??

I think he's got no more than 3 years of scoring 20-25 ppg left in him and he will score 18-20 when that time runs out (with much worse defense than deng). With that being said, do you then sacrifice a guy who could be a great player for 10 more years for a chance to win a title for the next 2 -3 years?? tough question

As far as the kobe for deng scenario goes - I think if the lakers were a terrible team just trying to rebuild for the future, they would do it. There's no chance of them doing it now because they want to win a title in the next 2 or 3 years
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 01-02-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onhcetum

there's nobody in the league who can carry a terrible team to anything. That's why it's called a team sport

How many points did Michael Jordan score on those terrible bulls teams when he was first starting out???

Banned

5 more years?? Kobe will be 38 in 5 more years and that's not regular old 38, that's 38 when he started playing at around the age of 18 or so (plus all the games as a result of going to the playoffs nearly every year)

He only scored 22 points per game last season in the NBA playoffs and his athleticism will take a very big hit as time goes in the next few years...how sure can you really be that he's gonna be that productive 3 years from now??

I think he's got no more than 2 years of scoring 20-25 ppg left in him and he will score 18-20 when that time runs out (with much worse defense than deng)

As far as the kobe for deng scenario goes - I think if the lakers were a terrible team just trying to rebuild for the future, they would do it. There's no chance of them doing it now because they want to win a title in the next 2 or 3 years
    wow kobes 38 in 5 years? damn. you cant really take the playoffs only tho i mean he was tired from 3 str8 finals. you gotta give a bit of a break there. in either case tho, theres no guarantee that the next 5 years result in bulls ever getting psat the heat.. even if youre right completely and kobe gives you 2 superstar years, thats a much better chance at a title.... you are acting like deng being on the team means they are absolutely going to beat the heat but they realistically most likely wil never win a title with this team as logn as the heat are there.. kobes 2 year scoring punch may actually make it possible

and dont forget, deng will start declining too. hes not going to play great for 10 more years lolz

Banned

how many players could get past the suns with that team? name them. The cast was

Kwame brown, smush parker, luke walton, lamar odom, chris mihm
    How convenient that whenever someone makes this argument they always leave out Jordon Farmar, Sasha, Bynum, and Odom? LOL at least you included Odom... most kids don't.

Odom was a legit scorer and was the best player on the Clippers + Heat... so that's a 1-2 combo right there.

Also, it doesn't matter who he has regardless. You guys put him up on legendary status, so this is how he will be judged. He should be able to put a team on his back and carry it...

Once again, if he's the "top 10" player that most LA fans claim he is.
    Last edited by onhcetum; 01-02-2012 at 02:02 AM.