Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-06-2018, 02:41 PM   #511
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Default Re: Breaking: FBI raids Trump's lawyer Cohen

Which ISH poster is this?
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #512
Hardtop Hero
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
Hardtope and blackdude, I salute you. I just don't have the patience for this forum.

Yeah, I usually don't bother arguing with Trump supporters because they are literally cult members now. Impervious to facts, logic, common sense, critical thinking, etc. They offer no intelligent rebuttals, deflect, dodge, obfuscate and engage in intellectual dishonesty. For them, it all boils down to this simple mind state - "Duh, he trolls the libs". Every now and then I'll be in the mood to smack down their easily destroyed "arguments", but it's largely a waste of time.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #513
ItsMillerTime
OL A DI PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm

Which ISH poster is this?

Isn't rufus pretty old? Could be him.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:04 PM   #514
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Isn't rufus pretty old? Could be him.

Even I'm not that hardcore.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #515
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
A. All of the prosecuters (including many conservative ones) who have said Don Jr. faces legal exposure as a result of this meeting, and subsequent lying about it are incorrect. NumberSix knows better than any of them.
Look at what you said. “All of the prosecutors”.

Of course prosecutors see things through the lens of why the person would be guilty, whereas defense attorneys see things through the lens of why the person would not be guilty.

I think you might have a point if anything was actually exchanged. But nothing was exchanged.

Quote:
B. Trump's recent panicked tweets calling for Sessions to fire Mueller (yet more ammo that can be used to indicate obstruction) are irrelevant move along nothing to see here.
no, this is one of the most waste-of-time arguments.

As a purely factual matter, this tweet literally doesn’t obstruct the investigation. It doesn’t even have potential to obstruct. Jeff Sessions doesn’t even have the authority to end the investigation. He’s entirely recused from this matter. He has as much ability to end the investigation as I do. NONE.

If he said Rosenstein instead of Sessions, then maybe you’d have somewhat of an argument, but still a very weak one. You could maybe argue that the tweet puts public pressure on the guy who’s in charge of Mueller. It’d still be an extremely weak argument, but at least it’s something.

Donald Trump could eat a turkey sandwich and you guys think it’s obstruction.

Quote:
C. The fact that NO top flight lawyers want to represent Trump...
What are you talking about? On his outside counsel he has Jay Sekulow who has won a bunch of Supreme Court cases. On his inside counsel he has Emmit Flood who was on both the Clinton and Bush legal teams during their special prosecutor investigations.

Quote:
F. If Mueller charges Donny for crimes related to the meeting
Well, if he’s charged, he still has to be convicted. A charge alone doesn’t mean that he’s guilty.

What Mueller does charge him? What if the jury says he’s not guilty. Then what?

Now, I’ll give this to you in the interest of being fair. If Don jr ever was charged, I don’t think there ever would be a trial. I think his father would probably immediately pardon him.

Last edited by NumberSix : 08-06-2018 at 06:08 PM.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: