Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad dominates D-League debut

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He has plenty of business being there. He's a rookie, if he can't get any burn in Minnesota, then he should be playing. People need to stop looking at this as some sort of insult. He's a rookie, he hasn't earned anything. He needs to develop. One game in the D League doesn't mean much. I hope that he tears the D league up and ends up being a decent player. Looking dominant in d League game doesn't really mean that you're gonna tear up the league. I'm not saying he won't be decent player but there is nothing disrespectful about having to play in the d league. Respect is earned not given. His bad attitude has already been noted from UCLA. I guarantee you that if any rookie was killing it in practice they will be playing in the games. In spite of what everyone says about Adelman, he will play rookies. He sure played Jason Williams. You gotta earn it tho. I have no idea what goes on in Wolves practices and neither does anyone else on this board.
    Well by watching wolves games id say not a whole lot is going on in practice.
    Either Adelman is overrated, or that team is a dud.
    We've been told they'd be a playoff team when finally healthy, well no, they look like shit.
    They need scoring badly a lot of nights and Adelman just had Williams/shabazz rotting on the bench.
    How can you lose all 10 close games like that?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    We've been told they'd be a playoff team when finally healthy, well no, they look like shit.
    They need scoring badly a lot of nights and Adelman just had Williams/shabazz rotting on the bench.
    I'm telling you this, Adelman is a good coach. I assure you that if Shabazz had shown signs of being capable offensively then he would be playing. Please, Williams is no stud. Players earn their time in practices and they maintain their time by producing in games. Nothing is given. Adelman is a smart dude. Adelman never won a championship because in Portland he faced Jordan and in Sacto he had the Lakers to beat.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 01-10-2014 at 02:38 PM.

I am your soldier!

Marshon Brooks just dumped all over the dleague too, doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Marshon Brooks just dumped all over the dleague too, doesn't mean much.
    Thanks. Someone with some sense. It's like dudes who go off in summer league. It doesn't mean that they stink, it just doesn't mean that they're good. The D league is exactly like summer league. The rosters are filled with guys who will never play in the league. The competition is not the same. Probably only 20-25% of the D league is capable of playing in the league.

Adelman is the same guy who didn't give playing time to Drazen

JR for Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro

This

Drazen was a f*cking beast. He scored 110 points in some european league, and held his own against MJ in some international competitions.

DLeague doesn't mean much at all but at least he is playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He needs to get out of Minnessota. That's why Adelman has zero NBA titles as a coach. The guy doesn't trust his rookies.
    thats why he has zero rings?

and there i was, thinking its because he had to go up against peak jordan, and then shaq and kobe in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    he would be most effective on the break, but the wolves don't really run the floor well.
    id have to disagree. love is the best outlet passer in the league, rubio is a great passer, and martin and brewer both get a couple easy buckets on the break every game. they are a great running team, imo.
    Last edited by chips93; 01-10-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    And play him in front of whom? Drexler? Really.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Well, Barea, Cunningham and Hummell (who may play within his abilities but doesn't deserve 11 mpg) aren't really proving anything on the court. Actually the bench can't score at all and guess what shabazz is good at? At least give him a chance, it's not like there are better options, this team can't even win half the games they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He needs to get out of Minnessota. That's why Adelman has zero NBA titles as a coach. The guy doesn't trust his rookies.
    So Rookies are the key to NBA championships?

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Agreed. They had Kirilenko last year though, I think if he was on this current Wolves team (and healthy) they would be real dangerous. Regardless of what anyone says dude is still a beast and plays winning basketball. He was a key part of the nets snapping the Warriors road trip streak. Curry didn't score a single point with Kirilenko on him but was torching Teletovic and Livingston.

Wolves need defense particularly rim protection. God damn Pekovic gets me like a block once ever 3 games maybe in fantasy.

Shabazz had pretty impressive statistics in his first two D-League games; however, despite wanting him to succeed in the NBA (as a Wolves fan), I just don't see it. He's not a good shooter, and can't create because of his awful handling skills. His passing ability leaves a lot to be desired, and defensively, he has trouble staying in front of his man. The skill I'm most impressed with from Muhammad is his aggressiveness on the boards, but at 6'6'', he doesn't have a natural advantage.

Altogether, although I want him to succeed, I don't have any idea how he will be able to.

Learning to shoot layups

This second unit with Turiaf and Budinger looks good.
    Only Shved pisses me off. Very poor body language. He is not the playmaker he was supposed to be and can't hit consistently open 3's. Move Budinger to SG and give some minutes to Shabazz. I don't follow college basketball, but a 14th pick can't be worse than Shved.