Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Dwyane Wade in contract talks with Knicks/Bucks

I hate to say it Bosh needs to retire, i love him but hes cripplying the free agency process with his unknown health..atleast Heat might get him off the books

Otherwise im all for giving Wade a big payday and having close to having last years team(praying deng resigns ) with whiteside,rich,wins all developing. As a Heat fan id rather keep wade then lose him and get durant and not have him..

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    The difference in loyalty between Dirk and Wade is noticeable. Not that theres anything wrong w that.
    Miami are lowballing him badly.
    Cuban loves Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    The difference in loyalty between Dirk and Wade is noticeable. Not that theres anything wrong w that.

Wade has NEVER been the highest paid player on the Heat during his entire career. The highest he made in a season was $18.5M. Players like JJ and Mozgov, who are not even close to being as good as Wade signed to larger contracts than what Riley offered Wade.

I wouldn't be mad if Wade decides to leave the Heat for more money. This is beyond disrespectful from Riley.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Wade has NEVER been the highest paid player on the Heat during his entire career. The highest he made in a season was $18.5M. Players like JJ and Mozgov, who are not even close to being as good as Wade signed to larger contracts than what Riley offered Wade.

I wouldn't be mad if Wade decides to leave the Heat for more money. This is beyond disrespectful from Riley.
    He made $20 million this year

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    He made $20 million this year
    I was more talking about his prime, but yeah, he did make $20M this season. My bad.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    There's zero chance Wade is leaving Miami. Deep down everyone knows this. There's basically two scenarios. If the Heat somehow land Durant, Wade will take less. If Durant is out of the equation, Wade will sign a large deal, possibly a one year contract similar to last season.

Riley isn't going to tarnish the image of the franchise with the perception that they disrespected their greatest player ever. At the same time, he's a very smart and shrewd business man. He's going to do everything in his power to put together the strongest possible roster. Ultimately, he and Wade will reach an agreement.
    The problem with this is the math. Even if Mia doesn't sign ANYONE else, they don't have enough to pay him what he got last year. So his best case scenario is having Deng, Tyler, JJ all leave and taking a pay cut to have a lesser team. Of KD signs (and there just is NO WAY) Miami would have to renounce Wade to sign him and would be over the cap. Now MAYBE they can dump Dragic and McBob for salary relief but then we are still talking about Wade getting a LOT less and there not being but a handful of players on the team. So he would do heavy lifting and make less than Tyler.

There is literally no scenario Wade isn't screwed financially. And given the economic climate that's a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    The problem with this is the math. Even if Mia doesn't sign ANYONE else, they don't have enough to pay him what he got last year. So his best case scenario is having Deng, Tyler, JJ all leave and taking a pay cut to have a lesser team. Of KD signs (and there just is NO WAY) Miami would have to renounce Wade to sign him and would be over the cap. Now MAYBE they can dump Dragic and McBob for salary relief but then we are still talking about Wade getting a LOT less and there not being but a handful of players on the team. So he would do heavy lifting and make less than Tyler.

There is literally no scenario Wade isn't screwed financially. And given the economic climate that's a real shame.
    Deng and JJ have both signed elsewhere. I'm not sure if TJ actually signed with the Nets though.

The problem is Miami only has enough to give him like $20 mil. And if he wants more than that, they have to trade McRoberts and/or Dragic. That would be a mediocre to average team with a healthy Bosh. If Bosh can't play, they will be be a bad team and it will be like Kobe's final years on the Lakers. They lost Deng, JJ, and TJ. Either Wade is ok with being on a bad team or he has to accept that he has to make a sacrifice to get a good team. I'm starting to believe he just wants to be like Kobe where he can chill and ride off into the sunset on a bad team.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

sadly it doesn't look like Wade is chasing another ring

Dude plays like he is happy with 3

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Why does everyone expect Wade to take less? He's been doing it for how long? He catered to LeBron & Bosh. Why should he cater again? He has his.. if he's going to ring chase, it's more about getting money and giving other franchises the much needed experience that he comes with needed to win their win and pave the way for experience themselves.

I think he should get paid, go to a contender like the Knicks or Bucks, or wherever is needed.
    Because he was given a $20 mil deal last year when no-one else would've given that kind of money to him (then), with the expectation he would take less later, when the team had a chance to put up a serious team.

Quote Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
    I hate to say it Bosh needs to retire, i love him but hes cripplying the free agency process with his unknown health..atleast Heat might get him off the books

Otherwise im all for giving Wade a big payday and having close to having last years team(praying deng resigns ) with whiteside,rich,wins all developing. As a Heat fan id rather keep wade then lose him and get durant and not have him..
    Wtf are you talking about? If Bosh is healthy, he's a legit MVP contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Because he was given a $20 mil deal last year when no-one else would've given that kind of money to him (then), with the expectation he would take less later, when the team had a chance to put up a serious team.
    Yeah, but $10M a season, while inferior players like Dragic, Lee, Lin, Parsons, Turner, Noah, Mozgov, Clarkson, etc. are making bank. It's about time Arison stops being a cheap [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uck and spends money on the team. I don't blame one bit for wanting more money. He has given up a shit ton of money for the team, and is the reason why the franchise is one of the highest valued ones. As I said, it's all on Arison now. Dude should splurge.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Wtf are you talking about? If Bosh is healthy, he's a legit MVP contender.
    He was never an MVP contender in his career. The highest he ever finished was 7th and wasn't a true MVP contender even then.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

He was never an MVP contender in his career. The highest he ever finished was 7th and wasn't a true MVP contender even then.
    I'm pretty sure it was a joke based on how overrated Bosh got when Bron played with him.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I'm pretty sure it was a joke based on how overrated Bosh got when Bron played with him.
    Yeah, I think I missed the sarcasm in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Not a joke. I legit think that with the right circumstances, Bosh could win an MVP. If I was drafting a team, I'd pick Chris Bosh over Steph Carried.