Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Can anybody honestly see anybody but Miami winning it all this season?

Lets face it their only major rivals are Thunder and Bulls and even then Bulls are likely overmatched in a series. They don't have enough firepower to score consistantly.

Dallas as the defending champs should of been a threat but that ended when they lost Chandler and Barea along with Stevenson. Dallas are also a year older with nobody being under 32-33. Lakers look pretty much done now....so how can Miami be beat? Big 3 a full year together, Haslem back 100% which he wasn't pretty much all of last season, Battier is a great addition for his shooting, leadership and elite defense. Miller and Jones returning helps too...plus anything Curry can give them is a bonus. Then you have Norris Cole who could be a seriously good rotation player for them.

Thunder stand the best chance with their youth and their two stars along with soild role players but still they don't quite have enough yet to beat Miami yet. Need more experience.

Default Re: Can anybody honestly see anybody but Miami winning it all this season?

and here comes the hype before the perennial choke.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Can anybody honestly see anybody but Miami winning it all this season?

OKC may be a serious threat if Durant can affirm his status as "the guy" on his own team. They won't win a title until that happens.

I would say that Chicago could surprise us too.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Heat over OKC in 5.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Memphis could upset them.. They have a deep bench /their bigs are skilled and long...

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    Memphis could upset them.. They have a deep bench /their bigs are skilled and long...
    Memphis would make it a better matchup/series than OKC. I think they have a shot to get to finals too for sure.

Good High School Starter

I could have sworn Heat fans probably said the same thing last season. I bet Heat fans/bandwagoners said the same thing heading into the NBA Finals.

Bulls, Thunder, Mavericks, Lakers (if they make moves), Knicks, and some more could beat the Heat in a 7 game series.

This is what people said last year. OKC and the Bulls are obviously threats, older elilte teams like LAL, Dallas and Boston could potentially react better to the shortened season, we could have a young team (like the Grizzlies) or newly improved teams (like NY or LAC) mesh really well and have a great season. Yeah, Miami obviously have a great chance to win it all, but last year people were saying no way they could lose, and then a team that no one except homers considered a legit threat before the playoffs come to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by iDefend5
    I could have sworn Heat fans probably said the same thing last season. I bet Heat fans/bandwagoners said the same thing heading into the NBA Finals.

Bulls, Thunder, Mavericks, Lakers (if they make moves), Knicks, and some more could beat the Heat in a 7 game series.
    So you expected the Heat to win a title in their first year together? I'd say going to game 6 in of the finals first year together and having the 3rd best record in the NBA is INSANELY impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by talk at ya
    This is what people said last year. OKC and the Bulls are obviously threats, older elilte teams like LAL, Dallas and Boston could potentially react better to the shortened season, we could have a young team (like the Grizzlies) or newly improved teams (like NY or LAC) mesh really well and have a great season. Yeah, Miami obviously have a great chance to win it all, but last year people were saying no way they could lose, and then a team that no one except homers considered a legit threat before the playoffs come to win it all.
    That is not true at all, Lakers were considered the favourites this time last year and heading into the playoffs MOST on here said Boston would beat them. Most Heat fans said they could win it all last year but it was the first year together and alot said year 1 was the year they would lose..it was the only chance the rest of the league had at beating them. Year 2 was when people expected them to win.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    So you expected the Heat to win a title in their first year together? I'd say going to game 6 in of the finals first year together and having the 3rd best record in the NBA is INSANELY impressive.
    When did I say that? I said I could have sworn these people said the same thing last season. I never said that myself. Heat were suppose to win it all after taking out the Bulls and the Celtics to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by iDefend5
    When did I say that? I said I could have sworn these people said the same thing last season. I never said that myself. Heat were suppose to win it all after taking out the Bulls and the Celtics to a lot of people.
    Just saying... people consider the Heat favorites now. Last year they were after the Lakers. So just saying it's not same thing as predicting it last year.

Not airballing my layups anymore dirk94_'s Avatar

Everybody said this last year but they didn't win it all did they?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Just saying... people consider the Heat favorites now. Last year they were after the Lakers. So just saying it's not same thing as predicting it last year.
    The favorites last year was the Lakers and they got swept. Yeah I don't think you have a point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk94_
    Everybody said this last year but they didn't win it all did they?
    No they weren't, everybody had Lakers as favourites with Boston close.